Well this is taking the micky

In time…always look for hourly paid job. Would not been too bad.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I know of two people who are seriously ill because of diesel spills, one lost a leg and the other is still fighting

Had this happen before I just drove to the closest Scania dealership took like 2 mins for them to give me one. Halfords universal one may of even done the job. I’d refer spend a £5 on a fuel cap then camp out in my cab all night unnecessarily. OR go the nearest large industrial estate and find someone with a similar truck to you :stuck_out_tongue:

harrawaffa:

Dr Damon:
Driving without a filler cap has caused many accidents especially with motorcycles. Luckily most cannot be left lying about by a dopey driver these days. :smiley:

You have a source for that? Accidents directly attributed to the cap missing from a lorry and spilling fuel. I look forward to seeing the statistics that lead to you make that statement.

I suspect you are quite young if you don’t know about accidents caused by diesel spillage from trucks (without filler caps) and I am not making the statement. It is a true fact I can assure you.

movingon.blog.gov.uk/2014/08/26 … l-systems/

Daytrunker:

toonsy:

IronEddie:
Well got going and got as close to base as possible. Sat in a layby on the a444 waiting collection.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That’s still on duty though…

Exactly,wether your driving tipping or on break or waiting to be collected is still on duty,your waiting for a work colleague to collect you.
How are you getting back to brakes or are you going to drive home in a car from where you are now? Knowing penny pinching brakes when I was there I very much doubt it.

Got lifted back to brakes about to drive home. Yeah I’m hugely infringed on wtd at this point. A ■■■■ I do not currently give.

Most diesel spills…

I’ve seen have come from fridges. Once that cherry slops from one side to the other on a roundabout, it becomes an ADI approved skid pan for motorbikes.

the maoster:

Dr Damon:
Driving without a filler cap has caused many accidents especially with motorcycles. Luckily most cannot be left lying about by a dopey driver these days. :smiley:

Mate I’m acutely aware of the risks that spilt diesel can spell for motorcycles, hence my question if it was an Actros. If it was then you could turn one upside down without a filler cap and not a drop would be lost due to the flap I mentioned.

Yeah I understand that. I was not referring to your post. I had not even read it TBH but maybe you could have a word with hurrawaffa cos he thinks I am making it up. :unamused:

IronEddie:

Daytrunker:

toonsy:

IronEddie:
Well got going and got as close to base as possible. Sat in a layby on the a444 waiting collection.

Exactly,wether your driving tipping or on break or waiting to be collected is still on duty,your waiting for a work colleague to collect you.
How are you getting back to brakes or are you going to drive home in a car from where you are now? Knowing penny pinching brakes when I was there I very much doubt it.

Got lifted back to brakes about to drive home. Yeah I’m hugely infringed on wtd at this point. A [zb] I do not currently give.
Not saying its your fault fella,I see why you did it being a new driver everyone has done the same tbh,doing it by the book not wanting to upset a new employer,but the more you drive the more you get an understanding of what needs to be sorted on the spot and what can be sorted back at base with a defect sheet.
Sandwich bag and an elastic band will sort fuel cap dilemma (got me home a few times in the past )
I haven’t said this but all brakes trucks are the same and the truck next to you has the same cap on it,but ssshhhhh I didn’t say a thing lolm :unamused:

Daytrunker:

IronEddie:

Daytrunker:

toonsy:

IronEddie:

Got lifted back to brakes about to drive home. Yeah I’m hugely infringed on wtd at this point. A [zb] I do not currently give.
Not saying its your fault fella,I see why you did it being a new driver everyone has done the same tbh,doing it by the book not wanting to upset a new employer,but the more you drive the more you get an understanding of what needs to be sorted on the spot and what can be sorted back at base with a defect sheet.
Sandwich bag and an elastic band will sort fuel cap dilemma (got me home a few times in the past )
I haven’t said this but all brakes trucks are the same and the truck next to you has the same cap on it,but ssshhhhh I didn’t say a thing lolm :unamused:

They ain’t and I wasn’t near one to pinch the cap anyway [emoji106]

What’s the craic with fuel caps now days… as most of the newish wagons have anti siphoning mechanisms on the tanks which prevents ya fuel from spluring out anyway… . I would have cracked on drive [emoji6]

Yeap , plastic bag with your sock over the top will do to get you home .

toonsy:

IronEddie:

i’ve been told that my firm will not collect you if you run out of shift hours, you’re there for the night/day end of. I would imagine if it’s a valuable “do not stop” load then you’d probably have to get from under it before you clocked off so that another truck could finish it’s delivery but you and importantly that truck would not move once you went off duty.

IronEddie:

It’s not about the WTD though, let’s face it no one cares about the WTD (other than tacho analysts), it’s actually the (very much enforceable) EU regs you’ve broken.

Daytrunker:
or are you going to drive home in a car from where you are now?

As far as I’m aware it makes no difference if he was, if the truck hasn’t made it back to it’s usual base of operation then it will still be breaking the law even if someone brought his own private car out to him.

Reef:

toonsy:

IronEddie:

i’ve been told that my firm will not collect you if you run out of shift hours, you’re there for the night/day end of. I would imagine if it’s a valuable “do not stop” load then you’d probably have to get from under it before you clocked off so that another truck could finish it’s delivery but you and importantly that truck would not move once you went off duty.

IronEddie:

It’s not about the WTD though, let’s face it no one cares about the WTD (other than tacho analysts), it’s actually the (very much enforceable) EU regs you’ve broken.

Daytrunker:

As far as I’m aware it makes no difference if he was, if the truck hasn’t made it back to it’s usual base of operation then it will still be breaking the law even if someone brought his own private car out to him.

Which EU regs? I’ve broken the EU regs on working time. I’ve not broken driving time regs though. Can’t think of another that affects me as a driver.

IronEddie:

Reef:

toonsy:

IronEddie:

IronEddie:

Daytrunker:

Which EU regs? I’ve broken the EU regs on working time. I’ve not broken driving time regs though. Can’t think of another that affects me as a driver.

I would imagine he will be referring to your time on duty therefore insufficient daily rest

IronEddie:

Reef:

toonsy:

IronEddie:

IronEddie:

Daytrunker:

The 15hr spreadover.

It’s an EU Drivers Hours rule about working time, so you can be on duty for 15hrs maximum from when you start. The clock doesn’t stop on break or POA - it’s time from.when you start to when you finish.

northampton whatever type unit theres a dealership n/pton drive couple miles with bag on buy one job done home you go :smiley:

The new breed of, hold there hand, wipe there bottom driver…

If you had been half way to somewhere in Europe and noticed you filler cap missing what would you have done.

1 parked up and waited for answer from a pointy shoe office Muppet.
2 used your common sense, fixed it an cracked on.

IronEddie:

Reef:

toonsy:

IronEddie:

IronEddie:

Daytrunker:

You’ve got it a bit muddled buddy, your shift times (anything that falls between your daily/reduced daily or weekly/reduced weekly rest periods) are very much part of the EU drivers hours regs and absolutely nothing to do with the WTD, and anything that falls within the EU regs is enforceable by law and therefore prosecutable. Also be aware that this historical prosecution is a thing now too so they can look at your records in months time and still do you for it, just read up on basically anything tachograph has written regarding EU regs and cover yourself in future.

Reef:
You’ve got it a bit muddled buddy, your shift times (anything that falls between your daily/reduced daily or weekly/reduced weekly rest periods) are very much part of the EU drivers hours regs and absolutely nothing to do with the WTD, and anything that falls within the EU regs is enforceable by law and therefore prosecutable. Also be aware that this historical prosecution is a thing now too so they can look at your records in months time and still do you for it, just read up on basically anything tachograph has written regarding EU regs and cover yourself in future.

Hopefully he’s had the sense to eject his card once he was parked up and out of hours. Not a chance in hell I’d be sitting there clocking up an infringement because someone can’t deliver a filler cap when they said they would.

Uncleskid:
I would imagine he will be referring to your time on duty therefore insufficient daily rest

Indeed I am, and travelling to or from a truck that is not at it’s usual base of operation (whether by private or work provided vehicle) comes under duty time and if you’ve already reached your daily shift limit at the truck then any time from then until you get back to your yard will still be classed as shift time thus putting you over hours and therefore leave you with insufficient daily rest.

toonsy:
The 15hr spreadover.

It’s an EU Drivers Hours rule about working time, so you can be on duty for 15hrs maximum from when you start. The clock doesn’t stop on break or POA - it’s time from.when you start to when you finish.

Yep, just quoted you toonsy to help bolster the point across to eddie.

Also bare in mind that even if you had say 11hrs off from the time you got back to the yard, if those 11hrs don’t fit into the 24hr period of when you had started your shift that day then it will not count toward your daily rest as daily rest is calculable only within a 24hr period of duty time + daily rest. (15+9 = 24 or 13+11 = 24)

harrawaffa:
Hopefully he’s had the sense to eject his card once he was parked up and out of hours. Not a chance in hell I’d be sitting there clocking up an infringement because someone can’t deliver a filler cap when they said they would.

The tacho head will still record though even if his drivers card doesn’t, if the mileage and other things are checked in-depth they ‘may’ still find the discrepancies, oh and then you’d get done for falsifying your records too, happy days :wink: