Speeding ticket

goshow:

Rowley010:
Yeah it’s too long. What date has the letter got on it?

I’d contact them and point out that the offence was on x date and the letter was dated x date so therefore if they wish to proceed then you wish to take it to court, where it will get thrown out because they are not complying with the rules. Most likely some admin error and once you point out the dates and the law then you will be ok.

Just don’t leave it and do nothing as that will just make it worse.

Apart from the final paragraph I’d ignore all this advice. The case will not be thrown out of court providing they have Sent / Served the NIP and name of driver form within 14 days from the time of the offence. If they can prove they have sent it then that is enough acceptable evidence that it is served.

Just because it’s been floating around the lease company / company secretary / TM offices for a few months doesn’t mean the case if over. Far from it, especially now it has found it’s way to the driver.

Think about it, Everyone would use that defence if it was a good one; “Yes your worships, that’s right, I never received the NIP therefore you can’t find me guilty!!!”

Why ignore it? That’s my point, if it’s been dated within the correct time then it’s all legit. That’s what I’m asking. If it’s not dated with the 14 days then that’s not what the rules say so you could get it thrown out at court. Trust me, I know a thing or 2 about this.