Magna Park truck stop

Big sign…

Just before the main roundabout as you come from the M1. Magna Park truck park coming soon.

Anyone know any more than that?

Always thought that was lidls :laughing:

Not before time either! I hope they make it cash only payable upon entry and charge £x per night but £180000 per day to stop people camping there for a week at a time.

I live less then a mile from this proposed parking facility, and it’s not been approved yet as there is a huge amount of objections so COMING SOON is rather premature.

Pebble dash.

:open_mouth: How the ■■■■, can they object, to a lorry park next to one of the largest distribution parks in the country, is it me or have the lunitcs really taken over the assylum, Or is it the caravan types down the road, thinking it will affect their lives.,

biggriffin:
:shock: How the [zb], can they object, to a lorry park next to one of the largest distribution parks in the country, is it me or have the lunitcs really taken over the assylum, Or is it the caravan types down the road, thinking it will affect their lives.,

So would you want magna park expansion on your doorstep!!, I don’t think so!!

On who’s doorstep exactly?

You’ve kind of argued against yourself by putting up a satellite image of the distribution centre next to…

No houses.

A.

Go on the DIRFT website, its all on there. Truck park is meant to be for drivers delivering or delivered on the estate, not too sure about that with all the eastie beasties around there :laughing:
The other side of the A5 eventually is going to be all houses, we will see!

If every won started parking in housing estates what would happen then, cause thats whats gona happen, flip flops dont care where they park so y should we

volvo keef:

biggriffin:
:shock: How the [zb], can they object, to a lorry park next to one of the largest distribution parks in the country, is it me or have the lunitcs really taken over the assylum, Or is it the caravan types down the road, thinking it will affect their lives.,

So would you want magna park expansion on your doorstep!!, I don’t think so!!

I did want Alconbury, to be made into an airfreight hub, but the local council said, “we don’t want flying,big noisy airplanes” considering it was a frontline usaf airbase, for over 70 years, and the area around here has (had) a few frontline base’s. I like to see progress, not nimbys who don’t like change.

Adonis.:
On who’s doorstep exactly?

You’ve kind of argued against yourself by putting up a satellite image of the distribution centre next to…

No houses.

A.

Do you realise how big this expansion is?

Looking at that image it could be around 3 times the current size and not be on anyone’s doorstep.

You still haven’t told us who’s doorstep this will be on.

A.

I’ve noticed more and more laybys now that are near homes have restrictions about overnight parking in them now. If this expansion does go ahead, I reckon the surrounding areas are going to go down hill fast.

Volvo Keef as per previous comments it would have to be seemingly enormous to effect any locals, according to your posted sat pic.

bazza123:
Volvo Keef as per previous comments it would have to be seemingly enormous to effect any locals, according to your posted sat pic.

The satelite picture VK shows is take from miles up in the air,but in reality housing in the villages near by and Lutterworth are closer than it looks,
I live 20 miles away so extending MP has no effect on me but I can understand the concerns people have,as MP can only get closer to homes
Where I worked on Magna it was nearest to Lutterworth and the times the Company had complaints about noise when the wind was in the wrong direction and lighting from the garage when the doors where open at night,might seem ridiculous but to have a 24 hr Lorry Park as well,I would have concerns.

The way I see it is that the local area wants the jobs and money that come with these big distribution sites yet don’t want the downside of having somewhere for the people who bring the goods to park, typical UK nimbyism and you have to laugh the whole of that area is crime ridden one the worst parts of the country for diesel and load thefts hardly a rural idyll

mazzer:
The way I see it is that the local area wants the jobs and money that come with these big distribution sites yet don’t want the downside of having somewhere for the people who bring the goods to park, typical UK nimbyism and you have to laugh the whole of that area is crime ridden one the worst parts of the country for diesel and load thefts hardly a rural idyll

This ^^^^

Adonis.:
Looking at that image it could be around 3 times the current size and not be on anyone’s doorstep.

A.

It’s going to be on my ■■■ doorstep!!, I moved to the countryside to live in the countryside not a industrial estate!!

volvo keef:

Adonis.:

A.

It’s going to be on my [zb] doorstep!!, I moved to the countryside to live in the countryside not a industrial estate!!

Move again! :smiley: