New truckstop .......maybe soon

taken from the local rag

]burton mail

Motoring on with truck stop

A LORRY park and service station could be built at a business park off the A50 near Burton despite objections from residents.

Dove Valley Park Ltd wants to build the truck stop facility on land at the A50/A511 junction at its already established site at Foston.

The Derby-based firm has applied to South Derbyshire District Council for outline planning permission, with a decision due on Tuesday.

The truck stop will feature a petrol station and shop, a cafe and drivers’ facilities including a restaurant, toilets and showers. There would also be a first aid area and staff room.

The rest of the 5.5-hectare site would consist of 188 lorry parking bays, 18 van parking bays and landscaping.

Applicant Dove Valley Park Ltd says the site is close to the trunk road network, would provide a rest stop for drivers in accordance with European law and would give them secure overnight parking.

The report says: “The justification for this location is that there is no provision for trucks on the A50 and there is support for this type of provision from national and local transport companies.”

Three letters supporting the move have been received, including one from the Freight Transport Association.

However, Foston and Scropton parish councils have expressed concerns about the development and have requested several conditions be imposed if members grant planning permission.

They include a weight limit through Foston to prevent traffic turning off the A50 through the village, that the remaining land and lake should be a nature reserve with limited public access, Section 106 cash should be allocated to flood defences in Scropton and Foston if it becomes available, and semi-mature trees should be planted on a bund to provide screening for adjacent properties.

looks like it could be a go’er :smiley:

jon

Lets hope it goes though as there are no where near enough sites to park safetly at the moment :imp:

It`s bad enough the ones we have are not all up to snuff, and the ones they are closing seem to be commonplace at the mo :exclamation: :exclamation:

Surely the Govenment must have to do something about this as it`s getting ridiculas :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

what does this statement have to to with building a truckpark ■■

“Section 106 cash should be allocated to flood defences in Scropton and Foston if it becomes available,”

I feel sorry for the poor residents of Foston and Scropton. Little do they know that within a week of it opening they’ll be wondering if Dove Valley Park actually built a sewer works and not a truck stop, what with the smell coming from the place. :smiley:

• Marky -:
    what does this statement have to to with building a truckpark ■■

“Section 106 cash should be allocated to flood defences in Scropton and Foston if it becomes available,”

After attending a local meeting about a planning application that our whole village is against, section 106 was discussed and what it means. It’s to all intents and purposes a sweetener that the applicants will pay for a local good cause for local people to make the bitter pill taste sweeter. The section 106 payment in our case was the funding of 2 PCSOs for the village. Since the meeting took place the application was refused.

I think I will start a petition to keep the Salt Box open, because with a new truckstop the jobs at the cafe will be threatened until the new place realises that the only way to survive is to sell warmed up dog food for 24 hours and charge 20 quid to park.

Then when the new place is turned into warehousing I will still have my Saltbox

maybe the salt box shuttle bus will have to be devolped
park miles away
and get bussed over to the cafe

hitch:
maybe the salt box shuttle bus will have to be devolped
park miles away
and get bussed over to the cafe

A larger car park at the cafe and you have everything, decent food, pub across the road and no yellow jackets.

I only live 8 miles away and still use it