Lorry parks

When on a night away i like to found a place in a small town
with a lorry park or a leisure centre nearby for a shower.
Does anyone know if there is a book with parks for us,as to
often i head into towns and look for a place, i have seen the
overnight parking link and used some off them, thanks for any help.

Not sure of any books that are available, sorry, but if you anyone else uses the truckstop in Luton it is closing on the 28th of October. The site is being redeveloped into a retail park, because we are short of them here it seems. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiling_imp: :imp: :frowning:

Isn’t there a booklet out that costs about £3.80 that lists all the truckstops in the UK :question: I think that they were selling them at The Punch Bowl on the A66 a couple of weeks ago.

I know a good number of places to park in - or at least very near to - town centres. Sadly, these are the kind of places you keep to yourself and don’t divulge to other driver’s as space is usually limited to one or two spaces and in my case it’s usually on someone’s elses property, like an industrial unit or Halford’s car park for example.

Just have a drive yourself and you’ll find somewhere if you look hard enough.

Coffeeholic:
Not sure of any books that are available, sorry, but if you anyone else uses the truckstop in Luton it is closing on the 28th of October. The site is being redeveloped into a retail park, because we are short of them here it seems. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiling_imp: :imp: :frowning:

So are the AW workshops and haulage business closing Neil? I dont mind Luton

Coffeeholic:

This is the problem with any town centre lorry park, retail parks create loads more money than a lorry park, so the pressure is to sell them especially if they are owned by a council looking at a way to raise a bit of money.

Try this site for possible places for your breaks it is a good informened site,

transportcafe.co.uk/cafelist.html

AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE of the site is its HOME PAGE LINK

i was in luton truckstop on wed night and heard then that they were closing :imp: :imp:

Isn’t there a booklet out that costs about £3.80 that lists all the truckstops in the UK

you are correct i have one but cant remember what its called and its in the truck so cant look :cry:

Wheel Nut:
So are the AW workshops and haulage business closing Neil? I dont mind Luton

Everything on the site will be moving Malc, I don’t know where AW are going though.

Town centre truck parking?? Rugby was my favourite for a few different reasons ( :wink: ) but alas… :cry: :cry:

Rugby was my favourite for a few different reasons

we need to know more :smiley: :smiley:

neil46:
we need to know more :smiley: :smiley:

Errrr, local cuisine, facilities and entertainment! :blush: :wink:

Of course, that was in my ‘young, free & single’ days…

I`ve got that book … and its in the motor too so i cant tell you what its called :laughing: :laughing:
Its got a green cover and i got mine from the saltbox cafe at hilton near derby

shane, lincs:
When on a night away i like to found a place in a small town
with a lorry park or a leisure centre nearby for a shower.
Does anyone know if there is a book with parks for us,as to
often i head into towns and look for a place, i have seen the
overnight parking link and used some off them, thanks for any help.

:arrow_right:
www.Yahoo.com
:arrow_right:
www.Google.com
that’s all i know,but by Texaco will you get a free Newspaper with some infos

In Truck Drivers Guide in the Useful Links section of our own TruckNet UK, you will find a link to the site of that green book.

so we’ve all got the green book somewhere…the only problem with it is that the addresses dont have postcodes so when heading to the outlying ones its a bit vague if using sat nav to get there…
i keep meaning to write to the man but havnt as of yet but i will

Simon:
In Truck Drivers Guide in the Useful Links section of our own TruckNet UK, you will find a link to the site of that green book.

The site says it all sold out and gave some suggestions of where else it might be found. :cry:

marcustandy:

Simon:

The site says it all sold out and gave some suggestions of where else it might be found. :cry:

I’m going into Ballinluig tomorrow.I’m sure they still have some left.If you or any-one else wants one let me know and I’ll see what I can do. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ive still got the one that come free with truck and driver magazine a couple of years ago.

doinf the odd one or two nights out again soon so it will come in handy :smiley:

jon