Tramping In Luton

Hey folks, quick one before I head daaaan saaaf tomorrow, any good secure free places to park near Luton Centre ie industrial estates? Preferably with other Trucks…

I did used to use the BP Garage layby just off the main bypass outside of bedford of anyone knows it… Id rather be aleady in Luton for fridays shift.

All suggestions welcomed, of course info on eateries locally are also good :wink:

Theres a truck stop just up the A5 ( not sure about the J number ) as far as i know, but dont come off the Luton turn, the other one is the truck stop at J13

truckyboy:
Theres a truck stop just up the A5 ( not sure about the J number ) as far as i know, but dont come off the Luton turn, the other one is the truck stop at J13

That’ll be J9, (next one after the airport) come off & aim for Dunstable, it’s 500 yards up on the right.

About 10 minutes from Luton town centre-(Dunstable/Houghton Regis)
Wood side industrial estate/Foster Ave & Humphries rd-https://maps.google.co.uk/
should be quiet, not sure how secure they are though,
McD’s & Sainsbury’s are about Half a mile away, southern end of Boscombe Rd-https://maps.google.co.uk/

I think you can park on Bilton way-https://maps.google.co.uk/
& Cosgrove Way-https://maps.google.co.uk/
Both at the end of Dallow Road, which is nearer Luton Centre.
Not sure where you can eat though. There’s a parade of shops with a cafe, probably be shut at night, can’t think of any pubs nearby. There’s an Aldi near the big B & Q (if you’re desperate ! Lol)
Again not to sure how secure they are either.
I’ve never stopped in Luton, too near our base !

Hgvparking.com never been let down yet

Skimpot road industrial estate before Langdon’s yard. Get’s full early though. Massive 24hr Dunstable Tesco virtually opposite.

LU4 0JD

Thanks alot for your thorough reply folks! Much appreciated greatley :slight_smile:

Own Account Driver:
Skimpot road industrial estate before Langdon’s yard. Get’s full early though. Massive 24hr Dunstable Tesco virtually opposite.

LU4 0JD

Brilliant, so cradock road is the one to take? Loving the tesco there too! Thanks

ryan worsley:

Own Account Driver:

LU4 0JD

Brilliant, so cradock road is the one to take? Loving the tesco there too! Thanks

Yep,

Don’t pinch my space next time I need it though. :laughing:

Own Account Driver:

ryan worsley:

Own Account Driver:

LU4 0JD

Yep,

Don’t pinch my space next time I need it though. :laughing:

:laughing: I dont take that much room up :slight_smile: lol

I head toward Dunstable from j11. There is a sainsbury’s 500 yards up on left. Turn left just before…Little ind est on the left next to the bingo. Nice and quiet and 24 hr Sainsbury’s opposite.

bigvern1:
I head toward Dunstable from j11. There is a sainsbury’s 500 yards up on left. Turn left just before…Little ind est on the left next to the bingo. Nice and quiet and 24 hr Sainsbury’s opposite.

That’s Craddock Rd & it’s a 24 hr Tesco, (Sainsburys is about a mile further towards Dunstable)
The Halfway House Restaurant is on the A505 roundabout with a Chippy on the opposite side.

My mistake…Yes it is Tesco. Haven’t been there for over 2 years! :blush:

martinviking:

bigvern1:

That’s Craddock Rd & it’s a 24 hr Tesco, (Sainsburys is about a mile further towards Dunstable)
The Halfway House Restaurant is on the A505 roundabout with a Chippy on the opposite side.

We folks im parked here now, cracking spot and a butty van here I believe when you wake up! Also id just like to reccomend the halfway house restaraunt, top top food and drink. Had a Beef Lasagne with Chips and a pint for just over £11, not sure what percentage was beef and horse but hey ho… :laughing: few quid on the bandits, great night! Night folks, stay safe all.