Help? truckstop near luton

Evening all, Can anyone tell me if luton truckstop is still open, if not are there any alternatives with showers cafe etc. at the bottom of the m1/a1 between Bedford and Hendon.

Thanks in advance. Gordon.

Luton truckstop closed a few weeks ago. You are left with the truckstop at junc 13 (Reasonable food, showers not brill) but cant remember how much parking is. Or junc 9 just up the A5, also reasonable food.
Neither have security fencing!!

i was in the truckstop at j13 on sun and they were advertising the fact that they were opening a new shower and toilet block
must say that it was a disgusting place and i should know i used to go to glastonbury in the old days when they used to dig a big hole and i’ll leave the rest up to you

bagpuss you had to shower in a big hole ?

Ended up in london gateway msa in the end, by the sound of it i’m glad i did’nt stay at the one at j13. thank’s for the head’s up fellas.
just before i left, a very nice “T” cab scania rigid carrying glass pulled in, not a common sight but very nice.

stay safe, Gordo.

Apparently Luton Truckstop is still open.

Funnyfut delivere
nextdoor to it this week and went in for breakfast

north surrey haulage:
Apparently Luton Truckstop is still open.

Funnyfut delivere
nextdoor to it this week and went in for breakfast

Must have been a bit chilly eating breakfast as they knocked all the buildings down a little while ago. :wink: :smiley: Unless you aren’t talking about the one that was off junction 11?

Given his record on directions he could’ve been in Dunstable (or even Birmingham) :wink: :laughing:

HAIRYGORILLA:
bagpuss you had to shower in a big hole ?

Yeah it’s called Luton :laughing: :laughing:

I have heard Luton Truckstop is Junction 9 Watling Street :stuck_out_tongue: Must be the sat nav playing up, eh?

No, that isn’t Luton Truckstop, it’s not even Luton it’s Flampstead (check it in the Keyfuels directory if you have one it’s site number 1.) Luton Truckstop was off Junction 11 before they knocked it down.

Coffeeholic:
No, that isn’t Luton Truckstop, it’s not even Luton it’s Flampstead (check it in the Keyfuels directory if you have one it’s site number 1.) Luton Truckstop was off Junction 11 before they knocked it down.

and it wasn’t spelled like that last time i was there neil - you SHOULD be taking the P mate :laughing:

Correct JJ, I’ll take the P out. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: Mind you it is a bit of a toilet that place.

Sorry, Neil, I knew about Luton as I have had many an evening in the bar with the bands and karaoke. It was a regular stopping place, but I obviously didnt drink enough to keep it open :smiley:

I was told by someone else that Luton was Flamstead.

Now Ive confused myself :stuck_out_tongue: