Eddie Stobart Assessment

Hi guys so fancy a change and applied to Stobarts, anyone been on an interview / assessment and know what to expect?

Also anybody here work for them? It’s a tramping job I have applied for.

Thanks sparks.

Its like any big company. You are just a number at the end of the day. I’ve heard conflicting reports though, some love it while others hated it and left.

Quick license check. Go drive around for 20/30 mins making sure you use mirrors don’t hit curbs etc insert bridge joke here then a reverse into a bay. If you pass that you’ll be given an interview there and then if the manager is around usual stuff like why do you want to join, what do you expect from us, what do you know about stobarts. They’ll then offer you shift patterns etc. What depot are you looking at being based out of?

Looking at the…

Dejected and miserable faces I see EVERY time I go to Lutterworth chill, Mr Stobart wants his pound of flesh. As well as watching someone move all their kit over from one motor to another each time I go there tells me the planning is ■■■■■ too.

Lutterworth seems to have to crappiest fleet of high mileage Skodas I’ve seen anywhere on Eddie’s fleet.

Good luck.

Ben5732:
Quick license check. Go drive around for 20/30 mins making sure you use mirrors don’t hit curbs etc insert bridge joke here then a reverse into a bay. If you pass that you’ll be given an interview there and then if the manager is around usual stuff like why do you want to join, what do you expect from us, what do you know about stobarts. They’ll then offer you shift patterns etc. What depot are you looking at being based out of?

Have they stopped getting people to take a theory test now??

Do you like being approached by the public when you stop for your break? People taking pictures of you?

the nodding donkey:
Do you like being approached by the public when you stop for your break? People taking pictures of you?

I had coffee / tea / sandwiches / burgers / cake given or brought for me by spotters so I can really see the problem :unamused: , as for pictures how does that harm you , as for chat , most just took pics and went , I’m struggling too thing of many that wernt just your normal run of the mill person , with a hobby , some think I’m mad for travelling all over country too watch Bristol rovers , but there my team so I don’t give a ■■■■ what any one thinks , doubt they care what you think :unamused:

the nodding donkey:

Is that the spotters or the pervs taking the pictures haha

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Evil8Beezle:

They don’t employ truck drivers.
Steering wheel attendants or what ever fancy name they come up with this week.

Sparks:
Hi guys so fancy a change and applied to Stobarts, anyone been on an interview / assessment and know what to expect?

Thanks sparks.

I’ve got the answers to the 3 question interview to qualify for the job.

They are as follows.

1…Yes sir.

2…No sir

3…Three bags full sir.

Next.

Then you learn the co.rules, and mantra.

images.jpg

Next.

Then after the short brainwash procedure, you’re fully qualified.

Hope that helped. :sunglasses:

There is a thread on here that shows the standard required. (OOPS… Stobart Blackburn).

eagerbeaver:
There is a thread on here that shows the standard required.

Just the one? :open_mouth:

Sparks:

Thanks sparks.

lobotomy? :grimacing:

dozy:
as for pictures how does that harm you ,

Having your photograph taken means it steals part of you soul !!! :unamused: :slight_smile:

Radar19:
Its like any big company. You are just a number at the end of the day. I’ve heard conflicting reports though, some love it while others hated it and left.

as you say it’s like any company,i was told not to work for the company I do now as they were cowboys,i have now been there nearly two years,that is because I decided to make my own mind up,not had any problems with them at all

dozy:

the nodding donkey:

I had coffee / tea / sandwiches / burgers / cake given or brought for me by spotters so I can really see the problem :unamused: , as for pictures how does that harm you , as for chat , most just took pics and went ,

I hope you recorded this as ‘Other Work’ doze! :smiley:

dozy:
some think I’m mad for travelling all over country too watch Bristol rovers , but there my team so I don’t give a [zb] what any one thinks , doubt they care what you think :unamused:

Yes, although I propose the suggestion of thinking you’re mad, a bit weak…

If you can breath in and out you will be fine
I’m not sure the out bit is compulsory

As its just another one in a number type of company which spouts all manner of corporate speak bollox and expects the steering wheel attendant to do exactly as hes told requiring no brain input from said SWA all that will be needed is a pulse. The truck/ uniform / image really should be enough to put off most bar the desperate…

I believe there is a Director’s job up for grabs!(William Stobart resigns,Commercial Motor, 13th April).