New driver assessment and interview with Stobart

Hi I only passed my class 1 test on 1st July 2010 and applied for a driving job with Eddie Stobart. I have had a phone call today asking me to attend an assessment and interview on Friday 6th August.

I am just wondering does anyone know what I am going to be asked to do. And any hints and tips would be great.

Many thanks James.

From memory, they take a copy of your licence, sit you in a room and you have to do a mini exam(mutiple guess I think) then its off to the truck. Vehicle check, without a crib sheet(try and remember as many as possible) and then its off for a drive. I did mine at Newark, up and down the bypass, into the services and back. Said you drive it forward good so won’t ask you to reverse. Fair enough. Passed and then its down to crick for 2 day assessment. Hope this helps.

There has been a few threads on here mate i started one and im sure theres a few others,type in Stobarts Assessments it shud come up :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

James. I,ve sent you a PM. To get to that (in case you don,t know) check your "Profile " page.

:confused: i thought they were standing up trucks through lack of work, sending drivers home as nothing to do, what was the word[not dropped off ,but DEAD],work wise, but there taking on more drivers :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: ,i assume something must be in the pipeline, or the lunatics have taken over the asylum :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

as said mate assessment at appleton will be test on tacho, wtd, road signs, short drive out, drop trailer, pick up trailer, reverse into bay ive posted so info on here about it b4 probably more info on them,

If you get through to the driving assessment take control of it. Tell the assessor you want clear instructions and don’t let him/her engage you in conversation. A moments’ distraction and the trailer is on its’ knees! Anything you don’t know about…ASK.

Many Thanks to everyone who has taken time to reply to my help message. This site is as stated By drivers for drivers.

Thanks again.

Runcorn eh - This must be for their new planned container site as they have bought all of the land the north side of the bridge■■?

m4rky:
Runcorn eh - This must be for their new planned container site as they have bought all of the land the north side of the bridge■■?

i think what it is appleton is now head office and the surround areas have alot of contracts and stobbie sites the new land you mentioned is about 90 acres, which in comparison to the tesco widnes site is half the size at approx 42acres, so probably more work filtering through , the container side has hit a snag due to the stobart container ships they have bought are to big to fit into the current scheme of things ,

Good luck mate :sunglasses:

Don’t forget to let us know the outcome!

OK, play the (pick your own colour) man, we gave you lots of help with this, tell us what happened■■?

m4rky:

WOT, Stobarts have bought widnes :question: :smiley: :smiley:

green456:

m4rky:

WOT, Stobarts have bought widnes :question: :smiley: :smiley:

Probably given it, just to get rid :grimacing:

totally off subject this but why does widness always stink,its a constant bad smell

clarkyboy:
totally off subject this but why does widness always stink,its a constant bad smell

Its smells no worse than Connahs Quay or Shotton, honestly dont know how people live down there.
Im up in the hills far side of Mold, where the air is fresh and clear…

Hello james when you go to stobarts and do your checks.when you hook up before anything just have a look to see the trailer breck is on because he could fell you before the interview make sure you put the pin in as well.do your checks in order if pulling up to trailer have a look to see if trailer breck is on then hook up lower your unit under the trailer lift up unit so legs on trailer dont drag on floor put pin in do the rest of your checks.hope that helps harv

Coddy:

clarkyboy:

Its smells no worse than Connahs Quay or Shotton, honestly dont know how people live down there.
Im up in the hills far side of Mold, where the air is fresh and clear…

is castle cement still operating in mold were the air is fresh and the cars are covered in fly ash :laughing: :laughing: