Eddie Stobart Assessment

AndrewG:
The truck/ uniform / image really should be enough to put off most bar the desperate…

But they have invested thousands in PR, and propaganda, with the ‘‘fan club’’ and all the tv crap…and they still have not convinced you that they are the elite ‘‘Special Forces’’ of road transport? :open_mouth:
What is wrong with you man?
:smiley:

Even with so many mixed opinions on this lot I’m tempted to apply for the advertised day work at Wakefield. I really need a change from what I do and the hourly rate seems OK. Does anyone know what work this will be in wakey? My guess is perhaps morrisons / cola at jct41?

htfc1984:
Even with so many mixed opinions on this lot I’m tempted to apply for the advertised day work at Wakefield. I really need a change from what I do and the hourly rate seems OK. Does anyone know what work this will be in wakey? My guess is perhaps morrisons / cola at jct41?

Or…

You might be sent to Goole and do Tesco tail lift drops for the day.

Sherburn and do Tesco tail lifts, store delivery and empty cages collection.

There are much better opportunities in Wakey.

In fairness it’s not for me but… my mate works there and he enjoys it. Ok it’s not the ultimate judge of all things but it shows not everyone dislikes it.

mdourish:

the nodding donkey:
Do you like being approached by the public when you stop for your break? People taking pictures of you?

Is that the spotters or the pervs taking the pictures haha

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
if theres a perv getting his jollies of pics of scabby feet,then a burger and a cuppa must seem like a fair deal.

yourhavingalarf:

htfc1984:

Or…

I’m struggling anything in wakey day wise that is the sort of hourly rate they offer. I’m on a reasonable rate (£11.50) class 2 but I really don’t like the type of work it is at all. Also some on call you have to do and you don’t get paid. I took this job recently as a way of getting out of my last and to be a bit nearer home but it isn’t what I envisaged at all.

htfc1984:

yourhavingalarf:

htfc1984:

Or…

I’m struggling anything in wakey day wise that is the sort of hourly rate they offer. I’m on a reasonable rate (£11.50) class 2 but I really don’t like the type of work it is at all. Also some on call you have to do and you don’t get paid. I took this job recently as a way of getting out of my last and to be a bit nearer home but it isn’t what I envisaged at all.

Just sent you a PM mate

the nodding donkey:
Do you like being approached by the public when you stop for your break? People taking pictures of you?

I found my face in internet 3 time from spoter.