Polish driver jailed

Another Polish driver get 4 1/2 years for causing death by dangerous driving while on his mobile phone, some people will never learn !

Did he drive for Mr Sheene or Turtle Wax?

His nationality is irrelevant,see plenty of uk registered trucks with drivers on their phone whilst driving.

xichrisxi:
His nationality is irrelevant,see plenty of uk registered trucks with drivers on their phone whilst driving.

Maybe so but if he had been British, Chinese or even a Martian I would still have stated his country of origin.

xichrisxi:

^
This
Should just read ‘Driver jailed’…

raymundo:

xichrisxi:

Maybe so but if he had been British, Chinese or even a Martian I would still have stated his country of origin.

Furry ■■■■

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … tence.html

it makes me cringe when i see people sitting on a carriageway or the hard shoulder in their broken down vehicle :frowning: i feel like shouting FFS GET OUT!

On the blower again!

thesun.co.uk/news/3136568/p … is-jailed/

No hard shoulder there, it was a live lane …

5 seconds between the hazards on camera and impact.

The usual diatribe from the quality Sun readers in the comments section calling him a ‘foreign’ pig… :unamused:

The term of ‘nice chap’ hardly applies after what he did though …

AndrewG:
The usual diatribe from the quality Sun readers in the comments section calling him a ‘foreign’ pig… :unamused:

Look closely at the bottom of the comment Andrew, someone has actually “liked” it.

Not defending him but it is hard in the dark and when it’s quiet to distinguish what lane the vehicle half a mile in front is in, but the hazards were clearly visible and he had time to react.

You should always expect the unexpected when on the road.

bald bloke:
Not defending him but it is hard in the dark and when it’s quiet to distinguish what lane the vehicle half a mile in front is in, but the hazards were clearly visible and he had time to react.

It’s easier if you’re looking ahead though. And not affect your night vision by looking at a bright screen in the cab.

the nodding donkey:

bald bloke:

It’s easier if you’re looking ahead though. And not affect your night vision by looking at a bright screen in the cab.

Well turn the brightness down then! :stuck_out_tongue:

Perhaps…

Someone should point out during driving lessons for LGV licences that ‘this job entails very long periods of utter boredom where you will have to maintain concerntration and not fiddle about with your phone’.

Seems to me that a generation of drivers are surprised and can’t cope with the mileages we do without resorting to texting, sexting, Fakebooking or Twittering (or what ever it’s called).

Cruise control, climate control, full auto boxes and comfy air ride seats are almost a lullaby for the brain.

Another tragedy.

And this is why the installation of driver spying in cab cameras will be commonplace soon if not mandatory.

TiredAndEmotional:
And this is why the installation of driver spying in cab cameras will be commonplace soon if not mandatory.

Correct but…

Whilst showing what occured prior to an accident is worthwhile, prevention is better.

Worringly and I hope to hell it never happens, I can see driver alert devices being fitted. Trains have them as standard.

If it happens we (as usual) only have ourselves to blame.