Polish driver jailed

AndrewG:
The usual diatribe from the quality Sun readers in the comments section calling him a ‘foreign’ pig… :unamused:

It’s The Sun, typical scumbag comments,they will have to go back to blaming single mums for all the ills of the world once Britain leaves the EU.

Quote from Daily Wail comments:

caplo2015, Dublin, Ireland, about 14 hours ago
I always think small cars are death traps. Look at what the lorry did to the?car. The rear half is completely crumpled. It’s not unreasonable to suggest if she was driving a linger car like a Mondeo or Passat, she would have survived this crash. RIP, so needless.

So it’s her fault for driving a small car… :open_mouth: where do these people get of the bus?

independent.co.uk/life-style … 1.html?amp

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Cronus:
Mobile phones could become useless in moving cars as government considers new blocking technology | The Independent | The Independent

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

That seems like an excellent way to tackle the issue as long as 999s can still be connected. Or you could just send people straight to jail? Do not pass go do not collect £200!

the nodding donkey:
Quote from Daily Wail comments:

caplo2015, Dublin, Ireland, about 14 hours ago
I always think small cars are death traps. Look at what the lorry did to the?car. The rear half is completely crumpled. It’s not unreasonable to suggest if she was driving a linger car like a Mondeo or Passat, she would have survived this crash. RIP, so needless.

So it’s her fault for driving a small car… :open_mouth: where do these people get of the bus?

thatl be the same bus that idiots stop on the main road instead of running it off up onto the grass or elsewhere and then sitting in it whether on a motorway or any other road.
is there never anyoone killed that isnt a happy ray of sunshine etcetc??
if i peg it,then its more likely that someone would say…“he was a grumpy git and nobody cares anyway”…how come everyone that snuffs it was an angel with a spectacular future…it always seems to deemean it for me when the media waffles all that guff with victim statements.

Is it known how long before being hit she was stopped there for ? It could have been just mere seconds …

dieseldog999:

Considering there was uproar in this guys ‘community’ I think we can all be considered saints: telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01 … -protests/

dieseldog999:
thatl be the same bus that idiots stop on the main road instead of running it off up onto the grass or elsewhere and then sitting in it whether on a motorway or any other road.
if i peg it,then its more likely that someone would say…“he was a grumpy git and nobody cares anyway”…how come everyone that snuffs it was an angel with a spectacular future…it always seems to deemean it for me when the media waffles all that guff with victim statements.

This is a major problem for any inexperienced driver i.e. not knowing what to do in an emergency situation like this and not understanding how dangerous that situation is. It’s dark on a busy dual carriageway with no hard shoulder to offer shelter and other drivers who have so many in cab distractions these days. Teaching new drivers how to react in these scenarios should form part of the test. One life lost and the truck driver bitterly remorseful and suicidal. It could so easily have been avoided. :cry:

As professional drivers,we are supposed to be above average in powers of concentration particularly at night.I was a permanent night man and I never needed a nap during my shift but a lot of guys are early starts or long shifts and never get used to a proper sleep pattern before starting work.That’s before you start fiddling with electronic devices.I wonder if this accident may have been avoided if we used reflective triangles as required on the continent.Even the sound of running over one might make the driver look up.

Gidders:
I wonder if this accident may have been avoided if we used reflective triangles as required on the continent.Even the sound of running over one might make the driver look up.

Have you ever seen one of those placed far enough back to be of any real value? It all comes down to knowledge, experience and attitude.

Get the hell out as quick as you can and back up the road and as far off as you can get then if some brain dead moronic idiot playing with their fone wants to plough into the back of your car then that’s their choice …

A tragic event that probably could’ve been avoided if the driver had even the first inkling of hazard perception.

I’m constantly amazed by the lack of hazard perception displayed by ALL drivers as the blindly rush past me when I’ve already knocked the cruise off, applied the exhaust brake and am covering the brake in anticipation.

Only yesterday n/b on the A1 before Newark I was overtaken by a Sprinter van who (correctly) stayed in lane 2 and then put his right indicator on. It was immediately obvious to me that he was planning to turn across the carriageway on one of them cut throughs. Obvious to me that is, but apparently not to the box jockey on the limiter who was halfway past my trailer and was taking no notice of the decelerating van until his cab got beside mine and I blasted the horn and pointed at the van; cue a full on emergency brake effort from him!

One thing puzzling me is that she lived in Swindon and traveling to see her boyfriend in Swanage, and she was on the a34?

I see a lot of cars broken down with the occupant or occupants sat inside the vehicle while phoning for help or recovery .
To make a phone call outside the car makes the conversation inaudible due to traffic noise .
Once calls are made, i see them standing away from the stranded car .
As Raymundo said, get the ■■■■ out of the car in case Vroduim Nanistanstinky is watching his DVD or catching up on X Factor from Monroviastanopulos

tucker6916:
One thing puzzling me is that she lived in Swindon and traveling to see her boyfriend in Swanage, and she was on the a34?

It’s the quickest route and best roads. A bit more mileage though.

Yeh, it’s a pet peeve of mine. I know people who have worked on the roads, it’s one of the more dangerous civvy jobs you can do. Tonnes and tonnes of health and safety, training, etc to make sure their workers don’t get run over when working road side.

Then you get people ■■■■■■■■■■■ about when they break down. The mind boggles. Being on the side of an NSL DC is probably one of the most dangerous places to be, unless you count railways or runways.

The best one I saw was some documentary, can’t remember what it was about, but they had cameras in people’s cars and they were just gabbing on about driving on the motorway. This one woman was driving along a hard shoulder running section when she develops a puncture. Literally stops in the road saying “omg what do I do?” as if her 10 year old child would come up with the answer. Fortunately she buggered off and took the next exit rather than choosing to get out of her car which I see loads of people doing.

Can understand the argument of “can’t hear phone calls”. Have you ever tried to use one of those orange phones? It’s like trying to use your phone in a pub when the rugby is on. But I’d rather walk up the embankment with one finger in my ear screaming down the microphone than wait for a wagon or a bus to run into me.

Another one :unamused:

dailypost.co.uk/news/north-w … n-12776813

Jeffing incredible.

billybigrig:
Another one :unamused:

dailypost.co.uk/news/north-w … n-12776813

FFS ! What is this epedemic that’s going on, :open_mouth:

In this case ‘British Truck Driver Smashes into Broken Down Vehicle’…