Just to warn you all

just had a phone call from one of our drivers warning me that one of our polish drivers has just got a 2 month ban after being caught talking on his mobile!! I know some people will say that he deserves it but i just thought id warn everybody!

One of our drivers, me best mate actually, was stopped for the
same thing today.
3 points and a sixty pounds fine.
Feel a bit bad cos it was me he was speaking too, i was on site
tipping, so no, I wasnt driving. However in my defence, he told me
awhile ago he had one of them bluetooth headset things :confused:

Who has banned him? he must have a british licence to be banned

Potter:
just had a phone call from one of our drivers warning me that one of our polish drivers has just got a 2 month ban after being caught talking on his mobile!! I know some people will say that he deserves it but i just thought id warn everybody!

I wouldn’t say he deserves it. Its a ridiculous law. If he was being dangerous then yes he deserves it, if he was driving fine then he doesn’t. Its an ■■■ of a law.

mighty moth:
same thing today.

its possible that this wont be the end of it for your mate, he may find he is called up in front of the traffic commisioner to explain further his actions and could also walk out with his HGV licence revoked.

tc trans:

mighty moth:
same thing today.

its possible that this wont be the end of it for your mate, he may find he is called up in front of the traffic commisioner to explain further his actions and could also walk out with his HGV licence revoked.

oo-er missus :confused:
I thought i heard awhile ago about commercial drivers being punished harder,
didnt realise you could lose your license though. :open_mouth:

Wheel Nut:

No, he don’t. He can be banned to drive IN BRITAIN on any license.

tc trans:

No, it can’t be revoked by british court, unless this is a british one :grimacing:

orys:

Wheel Nut:

orys:

tc trans:

No, it can’t be revoked by british court, unless this is a british one :grimacing:

Can you explain both answers?

So british courts are in charge to ban anyone from driving in Britain (how to check that later is another question) as Britain is a british teritory and on british teritory Brits are on the power. But they cannot do nothing with my polish license, as it was issued by another country and british courts have absolutely no power to change other countries decissions.

So if they ban me from driving in britain, I can go to France or any other country and drive there.

And vice versa - polish court can’t for example put a penalty points on your british license.

maybe not right now but its coming read last weeks auto express

You can get points on your UK licence, if caught commiting an offence in germany, so be careful :wink:

Wheel Nut:

orys:

Wheel Nut:

orys:

tc trans:

Can you explain both answers?

I can !! A cout here can ban someone (a Pole?) from driving here but they cannot take away his right to drive in Poland!! They cannot revoke his Polish licence. Strange but true.

serves him right. I condone ANYONE driving whilst on there phone. I lost a good friend, his wife and two kids cos of someone driving while on his mobile.

I also had my car wrote off (and luckly walked away) cos of the same thing.

It doesn’t matter, you should have 100% attention on the road at all times. Expect the unexpected!!!

eurodad:
You can get points on your UK licence, if caught commiting an offence in germany, so be careful :wink:

That;s all depends of international regulations between two particular countries.

magnumboy:
serves him right. I condone ANYONE driving whilst on there phone. I lost a good friend, his wife and two kids cos of someone driving while on his mobile.

I also had my car wrote off (and luckly walked away) cos of the same thing.

It doesn’t matter, you should have 100% attention on the road at all times. Expect the unexpected!!!

That;s tru, but is the mobile phone such excepctional distractor, that it needs to be especially banned? Why no-one requires us to have hand free cd player or hand free gloveboxes? You can distract yourself with these items as well…

And I (apart of the law) have my own rule: I can talk on mobile, if it’s safe to do (let’s talk: empty motorway). But I won’t talk, even hands free in busy enviroment.

A guy was put in jail recently for using a Bluetooth after being involved in a fatality noone thoguht to mention that the accident was oin the 23rd minute of his driving proving that for 22 minutes he was driving completley safely whilst using a mobile phone adapter.

Last week there was some stupid copper on the radio with vine saying that this is completely different to actually having a conversation with someone who is in the car as they would add to the visual warning of hazards this was a totally stupid thing to say, I have a great friend who is blind who would be of no use in warning me about anything coming towards me, 2 of my brothers cannot drive so what perception of hazards would they have?.

Anyone who says they have never used a mobile phone whether to answer,make a call or text I would say is a complete liar.

Many of us use mobiles while driving have never had accidents or been close to them due to using a phone and probably never will, adverts on the side of the road DONT distract drivers, changing a CD DOESNT distract drivers,accidents on the opposite carriageway DOESNT dont distract drivers, using a mobile phone when driving DOESNT distract drivers.

IT DOES DISTRACT BAD DRIVERS

Some people can use a mobile and some cant noone will ever accept this thats the problem, maybe it should be part of the test to see if you can make a call while driving.

After all when you are on a driving lesson the instructor is almost constanlty talking to you HGV bus or car but yet this seems to be acceptable.

Different people have different abilities.

OH and as for the driver being Polish it doenst matter he can be banned from driving in this country any time every foreign driver is subject to the same punishments as we are and vice versa in their country they are part of Europe you know.

People get killed by non mobile users why is there never any investigation in to what they were doing just before they crashed?.

Jammymutt may have a point there, when you do the motorcycle test you have to listen to instructions in your ear and act on them :stuck_out_tongue:

jammymutt:

You got my direction, but I can’t fully with you in that. I would rather to tell, that it distract everyone, but good drivers know when they can be distracted as risk is smaller.

OH and as for the driver being Polish it doenst matter he can be banned from driving in this country any time every foreign driver is subject to the same punishments as we are and vice versa in their country they are part of Europe you know.

I know, I am Polish. Brotish court can ban anyone from driving in Britain (no matter if that’s EU citizen or someone from Mozambique) as that’s a matter of british land, but they CAN’T do nothing with my polish license, as it’s polish, not british, you know. :slight_smile:

Off course, I think, it should be as you wrote, that as we are all european union, there should be one system for road offences. But unfortunably it’s nothing like that yet and propably will not be for a long time. You should know, that not everything in EU needs to be unifed, as you drive on the wrong side of the road, compared to majority of EU members :grimacing:

People get killed by non mobile users why is there never any investigation in to what they were doing just before they crashed?.
[/quote]

sorry but what aload of crap!! surely the GOOD driver would pull over in a safe place to use the phone? and not use it until he has pulled over…

if an accident is fatal/serious you will find that an investigation is opened, hence the closure of roads after an accident/ the taking of statements ect…