[zb] transport clerks

these people really know how to ■■■■ drivers off,on agency at a rdc and a fat 21yr old of a clerk called me up to give me my run ,inthe process he told me i had a WTD tacho infringment from a couple of weeks ago which i explained i already know about due to the motorway being shut and taking me 2hrs to get to the next junction which took me in to 6hrs 4mins duty…1st infridgment in 3 years which was not bad,the reply i got from certain ■■■■ was if you get stopped by vosa/police they will fine you £2000 for this infrigment and if there not satisfied they can send me to prison for 5 years…WHAT!..i told him to get ■■■■■■ as this was bolxxx.ive done my fair share of running illegal in the last 23 years of driving and have been proabally ticked off due to driving hrs/weekly rest but PRISON!.i had to laugh at the ■■■■ but he then told me he didnt like my attitude and i might not be able to work at this place again as he is going to inform the agency…right then if i dont get called up for work by my agency for this place im going to wait for this ■■■■■■ to leave work and I MIGHT talk him…no [zb] going to spoil my xmas because of a a “im a trainee transport mng and i know more than you because your just a thick driver!” its a nice place to work at its just theese plebs who really spoil your day!..any suggestion pls?

If the pricks at my last place weren’t such skinny, feeble runts…I would have chinned the 2 of them for their poor attitudes. Not a fair fight in my book, so ■■■■ 'em. Move on. :wink:

elcamino:
these people really know how to ■■■■ drivers off,on agency at a rdc and a fat 21yr old of a clerk called me up to give me my run ,inthe process he told me i had a WTD tacho infringment from a couple of weeks ago which i explained i already know about due to the motorway being shut and taking me 2hrs to get to the next junction which took me in to 6hrs 4mins duty…1st infridgment in 3 years which was not bad,the reply i got from certain [zb] was if you get stopped by vosa/police they will fine you £2000 for this infrigment and if there not satisfied they can send me to prison for 5 years…WHAT!..i told him to get [zb] as this was bolxxx.ive done my fair share of running illegal in the last 23 years of driving and have been proabally ticked off due to driving hrs/weekly rest but PRISON!.i had to laugh at the [zb] but he then told me he didnt like my attitude and i might not be able to work at this place again as he is going to inform the agency…right then if i dont get called up for work by my agency for this place im going to wait for this [zb] to leave work and I MIGHT talk him…no [zb] going to spoil my xmas because of a a “im a trainee transport mng and i know more than you because your just a thick driver!” its a nice place to work at its just theese plebs who really spoil your day!..any suggestion pls?

But not only does the driver get fined and jailed so does the [zb] for brains transport clerk who routed the driver to an accident scene causing an over run of a whole 4 minutes for the WTD.

I recently was “invited to accept” an infringment for a working period of more than 6 hours…straight after a 50 minute break in a 12 1/4 hour day :unamused: :unamused: :open_mouth: I declined :laughing: :laughing:

I`ve been at both sides of the desk in my time, so I can probably understand the situation, the clerk has probably been given standing instructions by his TM to inform drivers of any possible infringements, and their implications. I can imagine the clerk is probably bored silly repeating the same scripted lines to numorous drivers each day. The simplest way of dealing with the information, and font of wisdom from the clerk is not to get wound up and then just casually dismiss the words without getting abusive. In the classic “yeah mate no worries, I know all about it, its my problem” then take your run sheet and keys and get on with the day

You should of said

“Do you mean to say that you have mislaid the printout and notation I made of my unavoidable delay?”

W

elcamino:
these people really know how to ■■■■ drivers off,on agency at a rdc and a fat 21yr old of a clerk called me up to give me my run ,inthe process he told me i had a WTD tacho infringment from a couple of weeks ago which i explained i already know about due to the motorway being shut and taking me 2hrs to get to the next junction which took me in to 6hrs 4mins duty…1st infridgment in 3 years which was not bad,the reply i got from certain [zb] was if you get stopped by vosa/police they will fine you £2000 for this infrigment and if there not satisfied they can send me to prison for 5 years…WHAT!..i told him to get [zb] as this was bolxxx.ive done my fair share of running illegal in the last 23 years of driving and have been proabally ticked off due to driving hrs/weekly rest but PRISON!.i had to laugh at the [zb] but he then told me he didnt like my attitude and i might not be able to work at this place again as he is going to inform the agency…right then if i dont get called up for work by my agency for this place im going to wait for this [zb] to leave work and I MIGHT talk him…no [zb] going to spoil my xmas because of a a “im a trainee transport mng and i know more than you because your just a thick driver!” its a nice place to work at its just theese plebs who really spoil your day!..any suggestion pls?

Go on make my day punk :smiley:

We also have one like that :grimacing:

I remember working at one place on agency where the TM seemed to think that the 45 minute break had to be taken after 4.5hrs regardless of the fact you’d not driven that. I used to get infringements every day of every week because I’d do a 3h 45 drive to Lakeside, spend an hour tipping, pull out then take my 45 so according to him I exceeded my 4.5hrs by 15 minutes or so.

Turned out that this is what the company that did the tacho analysis was telling him :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I just used to sign the sheet every week and put in big letters - NOT CORRECT, NO INFRINGEMENTS.

I was there about 2 years with this happening every week. Mad.

AlexWignall:
You should of said

“Do you mean to say that you have mislaid the printout and notation I made of my unavoidable delay?”

W

The driver should keep the printout surely? He needs to show it if he gets pulled.

skids:

AlexWignall:
You should of said

W

The driver should keep the printout surely? He needs to show it if he gets pulled.

I think I remember Coffee recommending a driver should do two. One for your boss and one for yourself.

TBH who frikken cares? If the cretin thinks you can get a 2k fine for a four minute WTD infringement he’ll believe anything.

Especially if he thinks you are going to tell on him to the grown ups…

W

conor is wasnt matthew clark,s by any chance was it?? reason i ask is i used to be in there and also had arguments with driving less then 4.5hrs i would only have 30 mins for the wtd, even got put on a disciplinary for it… used to get infringments on a weekly basis with them but have only had 1 infringment wilst working at other companies…

peirre:
I`ve been at both sides of the desk in my time, so I can probably understand the situation, the clerk has probably been given standing instructions by his TM to inform drivers of any possible infringements, and their implications. I can imagine the clerk is probably bored silly repeating the same scripted lines to numorous drivers each day. The simplest way of dealing with the information, and font of wisdom from the clerk is not to get wound up and then just casually dismiss the words without getting abusive. In the classic “yeah mate no worries, I know all about it, its my problem” then take your run sheet and keys and get on with the day

+1.

Ken .

I was in the office a few weeks ago taking a rigid 20 miles up the road another guy doing the same to the same place he says tax is out on that truck i not taking it tm mouth open not knowing what to say as it would be highly unusal to happen so prob disc was in office somewhere but not put on truck
so i say tax is fine on me so if u that worried i will swap trucks with u driver not happy over that as if it made a diff to him if he dont want to take truck with tax out just take my one that is in tax
so in the end he took truck with tax out later on day i had to get a lift back to yard with him and me not a clue about law says what would happen if u pulled over in the truck with tax out would u the driver get a fine or just the company and they impound the truck he replies driver dont get anything the company get fined and poss impound truck so i say whats ur prob then if truck gets impounded and company gets a fine well then it wont happen again and they will learn there lesson so why should u care
got no reply just radio went louder

was i right or would you have taken it out knowing 99% it prob was taxed

nedflanders:
I was in the office a few weeks ago taking a rigid 20 miles up the road another guy doing the same to the same place he says tax is out on that truck i not taking it tm mouth open not knowing what to say as it would be highly unusal to happen so prob disc was in office somewhere but not put on truck
so i say tax is fine on me so if u that worried i will swap trucks with u driver not happy over that as if it made a diff to him if he dont want to take truck with tax out just take my one that is in tax
so in the end he took truck with tax out later on day i had to get a lift back to yard with him and me not a clue about law says what would happen if u pulled over in the truck with tax out would u the driver get a fine or just the company and they impound the truck he replies driver dont get anything the company get fined and poss impound truck so i say whats ur prob then if truck gets impounded and company gets a fine well then it wont happen again and they will learn there lesson so why should u care
got no reply just radio went louder

was i right or would you have taken it out knowing 99% it prob was taxed

User or Keeper, Drive or Keep :laughing:

Conor:
I remember working at one place on agency where the TM seemed to think that the 45 minute break had to be taken after 4.5hrs regardless of the fact you’d not driven that. I used to get infringements every day of every week because I’d do a 3h 45 drive to Lakeside, spend an hour tipping, pull out then take my 45 so according to him I exceeded my 4.5hrs by 15 minutes or so.

Turned out that this is what the company that did the tacho analysis was telling him :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I just used to sign the sheet every week and put in big letters - NOT CORRECT, NO INFRINGEMENTS.

I was there about 2 years with this happening every week. Mad.

I know it worst.
At Tsco you get an infringement if you do not before 6 Hour Work 30 minutes minimum Brake and after,before 9 Hour another 15 minutes,regarding Working Time Directive.
Now,DHL gives you an Infringement if you dont do 15 minutes by 6 Hour and another 30 minutes before the 9 hour Work is done.
Both show you in Black and White that they are right :grimacing: