[zb]'s on the roads

hi all. i consider myself to be a considerate and relaxed driver, but what happened to me on wednesday really got me in a bad mood and it really annoyed me,
anyone who knows me on here will know that i am a new driver to driving in liverpool and the uk… i was delivering to the wirral and had to go to wallassey. on the road to wallasey you have to head towards the birkenhead tunnel which doesnt allow lorries. bearing in mind lorries are not allowed i was being very cautious to be in the right lane, as you head toweards the tunnel there is three lanes, the left is for the tunnel, the middle for wallasey and then the right one goes somewhere else, not sure where, as i was bwing cautious that i was not heading towards te tunnel, i decided to take my time so i put on my left indicater and pulled in tight to the kirb, the roads where not busy so i thiught this would be ok. the signs that there are arent really that clear and as i am new to driving here i wanted to be sure that i was going the right way as you do come upon the junction very quickly. anyway, i now new which direction i wanted to go so i put on the right indicator and let whatever cars there was go buy, all of a sudden these to ■■■■■ pull up beside me and start calling me allot of horrible names and putting there hands into fists stationg they where going to give me a hidden… this really got my temper up, i new i had done nothing wrong, and if it was my fault i would be the first to hold my hands up and admit it. if these people had to drive a lorry for a day they would realise that it is not that easy, especially in a strange country…
im sure you folk have all had similar experiences,
ALL BECAUSE I HELD THEM BACK FOR A MEASLY 10 SECS AT THE VERY MOST…
HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SO BLOODY INCONSIDERATE.
thanks for reading.

It is because they are perhaps illiterate low bred dim witts, these type of
low lifes are unfortunatly increaseing in no,s, try not to let them get you so stressed out,

Are you cured of lowbridgeophobia yet?

Chill out. Blame it on the weather. Everybody is ‘ratty’. :smiley:

What I have noticed, listening to the radio, is that in recent days there seem to have been more serious and (seemingly) fatal accidents than one would expect in a period of normal dry weather.

Look at it this way. If’ you’ve got Air-Con, and they are dumb enough to drive a car that hasn’t, that’s their problem. :wink:

Although, if you haven’t. I know the feeling. :blush:

i am in deed, thanks for asking, all the trailers somerfields use are all 13"6 which is quite low. so not worried about it now at all, just have to keep my wits about me, but not a problem now, though in saying that alot of the place i have been delivering to can be surrounded with weight limits and bridges.
royston in doncaster was a nightmare to get to.

All about planning your route on the bible (AA truckers atlas with bridge heights.) And ignoring the ■■■■■■

There’s good and bad everywhere you go mate… just let it run off like water off a duck’s back.

northernirishinlpool:
i am in deed, thanks for asking, all the trailers somerfields use are all 13"6 which is quite low. .

I would just check that mate, MOST of the fridge trailers are 13"6 but if you get an ambient one they all vary, Well they were when they were at Sherburn.

In my 15 years of driving i’ve only been threatend with violence once,this was also in liverpool heading towards the tunnel.Put it down to the area being full of ignorant retards.

As for the trailers,as Bones says,check them carefully.I always carry a tape measure.Some trailers are marked as 13’6 on a fifth wheel height of 1.25 mtrs,the volvos have a fifth wheel height of about 1.32 mtrs so add a few inches.
Once had a trailer marked as 13’6 which when measured turned out to be 13’11!

Sorry if this starts the height phobia again but better safe than sorry.

:slight_smile:

Simplest thing to do when you get ■■■■■■■■■ like that is smile at them, and give a little wave with the right hand in a fist clench manner, with the centre finger in an upright manner and say the words, “Swivvel” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Reminds me of a joke I heard where a police officer stops a driver in his car with his passenger and when he gets to the car window he whacks th car driver then asks for his licence, once he returns the licence to the driver he walks around to the passenger side and whacks the passenger, the passenger then says, Why did you hit me? the officer says, if I had’nt you would of told your mate you wished I had done that to you one mile up the road from here :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ignore them mate, its just pratts trying to be clever :wink: :wink: :wink:

i’m tired:
In my 15 years of driving i’ve only been threatend with violence once,this was also in liverpool heading towards the tunnel.Put it down to the area being full of ignorant retards.

Cheers!! BTW its also the only place i’ve ever been given a padlock to put on by security on my way out the depot when i’ve been delivering there. NO, it wasn’t wheel trims.

It must be the weather.

Ive had 5 near road rage incidents this week, 3 with white van man, 1 with a taxi and the last and worst/best with a pedestrian invovling me dialing 999.

Dropped in Long Bennington , one road out of town to A1, 2 guys standing in middle of road close to white line talking, gave them a couple of toots to let them know I was coming, didnt want them not to see me and step the wrong way. They walked back to the pavement and as I went past I heard one of them shout something. Looking in my mirror I saw one of them run across the road and jump into a four wheel drive pick up pose machine. Just as I was getting to roundabout I saw him come up behind me but he went of to my right so I thought he had gone, but he had gone wrong way round roundabout and stoped sideways blocking my exit. He jumped out, 35yr old shaven head thug looking type. Started screeming at me why didnt I go round him, then tried to open door(locked) then started jumping up trying to smash window with fist,by that time I had dialled 999. He then went back to pick up, I thougt to get a bat or a bar or even worse so I put it in gear ready to shunt him out of way but he must have realised I had phoned police and thought better of it. Gave details to Police and they said they would send a car but I didnt hang around to find out.

Pretty scary,thought at the time I’ve had enough of this driving lark you dont know where its coming from next. but you know back to it. :open_mouth:

Listen mate you have got remember you are the pro driver - just take no notice at all and CHILL OUT MAN… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Take it easy no job should cause you stress that it impacts on yer well being…thats why I am no longer a transport manager and love my job driving :laughing: :laughing:

just take no notice at all and CHILL OUT MAN

Its a bit hard to chill out, thecoder0, when somebody is trying to pull you out of your cab to knock seven kinds out of you.

I’ve been driving hgv’s for nearly 40yrs and its never been like this.

Its all …me first…the speed limit doesnt mean me…i’ll push my way in at the front of the queue…aggresive driving is the norm.

Going to chill out now with a bottle of Talisker single malt, that should do the trick, cheers, :smiley:

thecoder0:
thats why I am no longer a transport manager and love my job driving :laughing: :laughing:

0, where did you used to be TM at if you don’t mind me asking? :slight_smile:

northernirishinlpool:
where going to give me a hidden… .

A hidden what ?

never take bridge heights as gospel.

1 driver I know quite well took the top of his trailer down in the SW, the plods were ready to prosecute when he took them back to the height sign.

after lenghy investigations the Council admitted the road had been resurfaced 3 times but NOT skimmed which altered the height limit considerably

The outcome was that the company got a new trailer from the Councils insurers, bought the damaged one as scrap and repaired it at very little cost

Rob K:

thecoder0:
thats why I am no longer a transport manager and love my job driving :laughing: :laughing:

Yep I do mind YOU asking no offence :wink:

thecoder0:

Rob K:

thecoder0:

Yep I do mind YOU asking no offence :wink:

Fine. Your loss :wink: .