Young Class 1 Driver for work, Hampshire area

Hi all,

After trying for ages now I just cant find any work so I’m going to give it a try on here. If the company you work for has any Class 1 work available, then please could you pass on my information to your bosses/transport managers. I’ve also posted the same advert in the Owners and Fleet Operators forum.

Please don’t leave pointless or unhelpful posts such as “good luck with that!” in a sarcastic manner. I’m only interested in useful comments.

I’m a 22 year old Class 1 Driver and have held my licence for 9 months. I’m looking for full/part time work within the north Hampshire or Berkshire areas. I have some experience in driving Double Deckers and trunking work in and around London. Nights out and night shifts are not a problem for me as I am very flexible. I’m willing to work weekends, but I would prefer to have two weekends off a month as I go flying at weekends, but this can be negotiated.
I am a quick learner and therefore new skills, such as containers would be ok. I also have a Digi Tacho card too.
Work references can be supplied if you would like, as well as a CV.
I’m currently a part time school minibus driver, so if calling between 0600-1000 and 1430-1730, then please leave a message and I’ll call back shortly.

Adam_Mc:
Please don’t leave pointless or unhelpful posts such as “good luck with that!” in a sarcastic manner. I’m only interested in useful comments.

I was going to say “good luck with that” but you can shove your head up your arse then as you’re obviously too stupid to figure out that “Good luck with that” means exactly that.

And as you’ve admitted you can’t reverse for toffee, I doubt anyone is going to be interested when there’s plenty of drivers looking for work with millions of miles and decades of experience.

Conor:

Adam_Mc:

I was going to say “good luck with that” but you can shove your head up your arse then as you’re obviously too stupid to figure out that “Good luck with that” means exactly that.

And as you’ve admitted you can’t reverse for toffee, I doubt anyone is going to be interested when there’s plenty of drivers looking for work with millions of miles and decades of experience.

Actually a genuine comment, like you “was going to say” would have been appreciated, What I meant was I don’t want a sarcastic comment meaning “Good luck with that, you haven’t got a chance in hell!” type of comment. And I can reverse, but I still have to take a couple of shunts, so I’m not perfect. I would therefore like practise to be as good as possible. To put it simply, why don’t you shove your head up your arse (or mine) and offer some support instead of being an arrogant [zb] as they say in here! Perhaps if you read the beginning properly you would have understood what i meant!

hey hey hey calm down calm down

ricky61:
hey hey hey calm down calm down

Shut up ricky…argggghhhhhh goes crazy :laughing: lol I am calm though, just think connor took it the wrong way :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers mate,

Adz.

no all jokes aside adam,
you are at least doing a bit of self-marketing and encouragement should be given on that score.

best of luck

ricky cmon you reds from scouseland :smiley:

ricky61:
no all jokes aside adam,
you are at least doing a bit of self-marketing and encouragement should be given on that score.

best of luck

Yeah, thats the thing though isnt it…as connor rightly said, there are a lot of guys and girls out there with shed loads of experience, which unfortunately is bad news for me, but im still giving it a go :slight_smile:

Adz

22, 9 months driving, cant reverse (after 9 months?), needs 2 out of 4 weekends free, Good luck with that.

Try doing the lottery you have more chance.

For a 22 year old I think that your asking an awful lot, I appreciate you are trying to get ahead but you must have read the posts on here about vastly experienced guys having no luck in finding work and being made redundant virtually on a daily basis, but you push yourself forward (not a bad thing) with terms for you to be employed on (weekends etc), I have only one thing to say on that - good luck also from me!

Blunder Man:
22, 9 months driving, cant reverse (after 9 months?), needs 2 out of 4 weekends free, Good luck with that.

Try doing the lottery you have more chance.

Clearly you must have replied to the wrong post. I don’t remember saying that I can’t reverse…can you quote me on that? I distinctly remember writing that I just want more practice to better myself as I still take a couple of shunts every now and then. After only working for a few companies which involve going to the same places, all I ever get to do is a ‘jack knife’ reverse in one tight yard, what I’m saying is I want to have different situations and places to reverse.

And can you also tell me where it says I “need” two out of four weekends?..I’m pretty sure I said I’d prefer and that its negotiable, which means I’m willing to drop it if need be.

Perhaps if you concentrated your efforts on something your good at then your talents wouldn’t be wasted with ‘smart-arse’ and sarcastic remarks aimed at me, just because I’m trying to find another job. Would you rather I claimed benefits and used your taxes to pay my rent whilst I sat at home watching TV? I did try the lottry when I was 16, didn’t interest me so I stopped, but thanks for the advice :wink:

I await your comeback, what ever use that’ll be!

brados:
For a 22 year old I think that your asking an awful lot, I appreciate you are trying to get ahead but you must have read the posts on here about vastly experienced guys having no luck in finding work and being made redundant virtually on a daily basis, but you push yourself forward (not a bad thing) with terms for you to be employed on (weekends etc), I have only one thing to say on that - good luck also from me!

Yeah I have read the posts unfortunately, But I just thought I’d give it a try, I’ve got nothing to lose. It’s just a shame that people like the guy above you can’t find anything constructive to say and instead have to gloat from behind their computer screens.

Cheers mate, take care, Adz

have you not tried sainsburys or golden west ? , the bad news is i got ten years on all classes and can not find a decent driving job in hampshire .

pdw:
have you not tried sainsburys or golden west ? , the bad news is i got ten years on all classes and can not find a decent driving job in hampshire .

I tried Sainsbury’s but I’ve decided to wait until I’ve got experience before I try there again, you only get a couple of attempts and I don’t want to risk it… Not tried Golden West (now Keystone) as they have a 2 years policy :frowning:

Adam_Mc:
Actually a genuine comment, like you “was going to say” would have been appreciated, What I meant was I don’t want a sarcastic comment meaning “Good luck with that, you haven’t got a chance in hell!” type of comment.

Lol, you have to appreciate that Conor is a blunt Yorkshireman who gets straight to the point.

I can’t offer you any practical help either- I’m in Kent (sometimes :smiley: ), but I am still going to stick my neck out and say “Good luck with that”

Adam_Mc:
as connor rightly said,

Look, if you can’t even work out for yourself how many "N"s there are in “Conor”…

Adam_Mc:

ricky61:
no all jokes aside adam,

best of luck

Yeah, thats the thing though isnt it…as connor rightly said, there are a lot of guys and girls out there with shed loads of experience, which unfortunately is bad news for me, but im still giving it a go :slight_smile:

Adz

Best try and agency that will let you work when you want, if you can get signed up then it will be ideal for you.

I was going to say best of luck.

But I figure that “please take a number, and join the end of the queue with the rest of us desperately seeking any work”, (wether going forwards or backwards :laughing: ) would be more appropreate at the present time.

You are driving a school mini bus at 22 years? So you have D1 on your licence? How did you get that? If you did a bus test and have D also then try the bus companies. I done over three years on all sorts of buses. That kinda work makes you a good driver :wink:

Might not be the best idea to state you have 9months of class 1 experience but would like to spend a day practicing reversing for free, if you really have been driving artics for 9months even with no difficult reverses i’d think an employer would expect you to be competant at it. If it’s ‘held licence for 9months’ then it’s a bit different. If you go for a job and tell them you’re not great at reversing they may say goodbye, if you say nothing and go for interview, impress them in every way except reversing then you have a better chance.

Steve-o:
You are driving a school mini bus at 22 years? So you have D1 on your licence? How did you get that? If you did a bus test and have D also then try the bus companies. I done over three years on all sorts of buses. That kinda work makes you a good driver :wink:

Well I did used to be a Bus driver for Stagecoach, but I couldn’t stand the passengers, so thats why I got my HGV, so I’ve also got D1E and DE as well as the CE. I’ll only go back to ‘public service’ work if things get REALLY bad :stuck_out_tongue: