Yet another Newbie !

Well, I’ve been keeping reading & learning for weeks from this site !!
In the last 3 months, passed class 2 , passed class 1 , done & passed my ADR ( waiting for certificates to come thro ) & will have completed my CPC by this Thurs - Friday when I do the RHA two day fastrack.
All I need now is a job !!
Not giving up yet, usual story , no experience etc.
Sent CV’s to everybody & his dog within a 50 mile radius of Leeds, managed to get a couple of agencies to reluctantly put me on the books but no joy yet.
One of then reckons Royal mail but having to wait for CRB check to come thro.
(job will have gone by the time that happens to be honest, had them done before , worked in a home office building once & I’m a hockey coach , had to have them done for that & they take an age ! )
Well that’s pretty much my life history !!
Well thats except for the fact that I’ve actually been a self employed decorator for the past 20 years with a passion for driving…lol

Oh & one other thing…the names Alan !
use the wifes email etc cos she’s far more efficient than me :wink:

the names Alan !

Well, that’s those fantasies dealt with!!!

Congrats on all the passes. You’re obviously committed to your new career; I’m sure you’ll pick up a job and be very happy.

All the best Karen - oh no - - Alan!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi. Well done Alan,

I see in your post you did an RHA fasttrack course. Sounds interesting.

Tell me…who sold you the course?, The RHA or one of its “members”?

Was the RHA course Driver CPC approved and what about the ADR?.

You must have completed your 35 hours already.

Who did you trainin with / sign up with?

Well done again

HGVLGV Training

Doing all my training with Easy HGV in Manchester.
Doing the RHA thing this Thursday & Friday.
When I’ve completed that I think that should also complete my CPC as well :slight_smile:

Like I say, just need a job to go with the paperwork :unamused:

Welcome and well done with the passes :smiley:

I think ADR counts as 21 hours towards the CPC, the rest has to be made up by the various other pointless modules. Am sure Dieseldave is the expert on that.

Kiowan:
I think ADR counts as 21 hours towards the CPC, the rest has to be made up by the various other pointless modules. Am sure Dieseldave is the expert on that.

Hi stranger how you :question: how the bike :question:

Hiyyaaa alan & congratulations on all your passes & welcome :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

animal:
Hi stranger how you :question: how the bike :question:

Hi Ang,

I’m ok, trying to get out of trucking actually, feel like i’ve just been enduring it (no discouragement to the new starter). Not been on here for ages so thought i’d check in to see what was what, who was still around. I finally got myself a new (to me anyway) bike this summer, a quicker, prettier Fireblade, already taken it to Croatia :smiley: Hope you are well, see you’ve got back behind the wheel now?

*Apologies to Alan for the thread hijack.

Well back on the sick :cry: :cry: was looking at buying a newish bike but fell through pleased you have a newer bike & thing are ok stay driving for now as not a lot else about

Nice to see you back

Kiowan:

Hi kiowan,

Welcome back!! :smiley:

You’re spot-on that an ADR course can be counted as 21 hours (sometimes more) towards DCPC, but only if the ADR provider has also registered with JAUPT as a DCPC provider and paid loads of money for the privilege.