hey all, im new to the site and just thought i would say hi, i have just passed my theory test multiple choice, hazard perception and cpc and i have my class 2 booked for the 12th nov.
so any advice i can get will be realy helpful, i have been working as a van driver for the last 5 years, covering most of europe, then got made redundant on the 27th aug, so figured i would re-train for my class 1 and class 2,
thanks alot
darren

Hiyyaaa dazza991, Well done on your passes - sounds like you’ve been busy :exclamation: Will you be going for a few days training first :question: I bet you can’t wait to get started, & Welcome :smiley: :smiley:

Welcome Dazza

Good luck for Tues on your test

Jennie x

hi bonnie lass, yeah i have been busy, but thats the way i like to be - yeah i havin five das training starting on the 12th nov with my test on 18th, im loking really forward to it and cant wait, I have also booked in to do my class 1 and my ADR, so if all goes well i should be able to find a job driving something, would really love to be a tramper. thanks for the welcome :laughing: :laughing:

:blush: mean good luck for test on 18th

J x

Thanks Jennie

lol :smiley:

Welcome to the madhouse

Why have you already booked your C+E when you havent passed catC :question:

Who are you training with btw :question: yep Im the noisy ■■■■■ on here :laughing:

When you booked your ADR will this give you some hrs towards your cpc :question:

Well done on the passes btw

It not easy to find a job as a newbie although not impossible as there is a lot of competition out there & your 2 years experience but good luck & enjoy have a god look round the forum as there is a lot of help & advice on here already

Hi animal,
the reason i had to book it all ready is because i was made redundant there is a scheme called react they work along side careers wales and they are paying for all my training so i had to book it all up in advance,

I am doing al my training with a firm called heads of the valley training based in abergaveny

Yeah my ADR will count towards my CPC, also im doing digital tacho training and a course in sheet and rope and they will also count towrads my cpc hours.

I have been doing some van work for the agencies the last few weeks and the have all said they can give me some work once i have passed so fingers crossed, it will just be nice to be back up the road

Welcome Dazza,

Always good to see a newbie. I hope the training goes well. Its hard work but well worth the effort.

3 things that will help u get thru

1, Common sense
2, Road sense
3, a willingness to learn

Keep this in mind and you will be fine. Please let us know how you get on.

Need some more help? Just Google my user name!

Thanks was just wondering that is all but like you said you were made redundant so this has helped

Hope it works out that you can get some work from the agencies good luck with it all stay relaxed calm & listen to your instructor & ask him / her anything you are unsure of but you can also ask on here

DD is the man for ADR im not even going to go there ( yes I do have full ADR )

ang

PS like I said im the nebby 1

Hi Dazza991, will you be takeing your test in Llantrisant :question: let us know how your getting on with your training & good luck with your test on the 18th :smiley:

Hi Hgvlgvtraining thanks for the advice i will remember that

Bonnie lass i will be doing my test at pontypool as that is the closest test centre to me, I live about 5 minutes away from the centre its self.

Also just recieved training dates for my forklift licence mon 11th and tues 12th oct

:smiley: :smiley:

dazza991:
Hi Hgvlgvtraining thanks for the advice i will remember that

Bonnie lass i will be doing my test at pontypool as that is the closest test centre to me, I live about 5 minutes away from the centre its self.

Also just recieved training dates for my forklift licence mon 11th and tues 12th oct

:smiley: :smiley:

Thats handy you living so close to the testing centre, you will already be well familiar with the roads - this will help for your test. Good luck with your forklift training too :smiley:

hi all just a quick update, my training centre has had a cancelation so my traing was brought forward, i know have my test on monday so hopfully it will be all ok

Don’t be afraid to go SLOW. Better to get a minor for hesitation or taking a junction too slowly than to go in to a roundabout or junction too fast and fail for bumping a kerb or pulling out infront of a car. When it’s safe get up to speed limit quickly, but for tight bends and roundabouts or manouvering round parked cars slow right down so you can assess the situation long before you have to commit yourself. And keep on checking those mirrors and blind spot! Mirrors before changing direction, speeding up or slowing down. Got a minor on each of these myself :confused:

Good luck for your test!

dazza991:
hi all just a quick update, my training centre has had a cancelation so my traing was brought forward, i know have my test on monday so hopfully it will be all ok

Good luck for your test on monday dazza :smiley:

hey all have just passed my class 2, had 4 minors so i think i did pretty good, have booked my cpc for 1st Dec, ADR 6th Dec, class 1 14th Dec.
thanks to everyone for all the advice it really helped

Well done on the pass

Well done on pass and good luck on your driving career

Dean

Congratulations on passing your C test dazza991 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: & good luck with your cpc tests & C+E in Dec, let us know how you get on :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: