XF105

DAFMAD:

Robbies Dad:
Hope they are at least as good as the old xf.

I have 4 new XF 105 460 being delivered first week of October

:smiley: Did the XF’s come alright ? :question:

They at the dealers now,taking delivery this Saturday morning

They going in for livery this morning,heres a pic of them naked :laughing:

Robbies Dad:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Nice, which one is mine ? :grimacing:

The_Catman:
…anyone understand Dutch? Looks like the previous Piggotts suffered a bad end…

truckweb.be/interactief/foru … 07cb75a5f8

TC

Yes,I understand Dutch :wink:

He have say this ; The driver had the photographs of his accident,I have take some photo’s.

girl:

The_Catman:

TC

Yes,I understand Dutch :wink:

He have say this ; The driver had the photographs of his accident,I have take some photo’s.

Ive seen a pic of that crash before, it was on its way to a truck show in Holland, I think, although not certain, he fell asleep.

Ive just been resading the dutch site,and from what I can make out, a new cab was replaced onto the original chassis.

The driver was OK.

DAFMAD:

Robbies Dad:

None cos u dont work for me… :laughing: :laughing:

Robbies Dad:

DAFMAD:

What did you say the money was ? :stuck_out_tongue:

DAFMAD:

Robbies Dad:

DAFMAD:

What did you say the money was ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Grovel grovel :laughing:

Rob K:

No chance - but if they want a good driver that can do LHD then… :slight_smile:

DAFMAD:

Rob K:

Like I said, grovel grovel :laughing:

routier:

girl:

The_Catman:

TC

The driver was OK.

That’s the main thing I wanted to check

(Thanks girl, as well)

TC

Rob K:

DAFMAD:

Rob K:

Like I said, grovel grovel :laughing:

Like I said you talk some ■■■■■

SuperSmiley:
What is that box on top of the roof though■■?

I think that the box on the roof is a type of air conditioning unit.
It has a water tank on the back of the cab and is fitted into the sun roof hatch. They work by cooling the in coming air using a very fine water spray as it goes through the box.

try this site for a possible contender

AIR-CON

FORGOT TO POST CLICK ON THE link english

Simon:

SuperSmiley:
What is that box on top of the roof though■■?

I think that the box on the roof is a type of air conditioning unit.
It has a water tank on the back of the cab and is fitted into the sun roof hatch. They work by cooling the in coming air using a very fine water spray as it goes through the box.

i believe that NORTH SURREY HAULAGE is the person to ask about them! :laughing: :laughing:

For those who are interested here is a quick run through of my 1st impressions of driving the XF105

As I approach the vehicle I see that the exterior changes are few compared to the old 95XF the main differences being

a chrome strip just above the lower segment of the grill where the steps to reach the windscreen can also be found, the change in shape of the rear view mirrors and the change in shape of the fog lights etc in the bumper.

Upon entering the cabin the first thing that you notice is that the lighter colour of the dashboard and the lower engine tunnel and the slight change in shape to the storage area under the ashtray,

closer inspection reveals a change in the colour of the curtains and the digital tacho placed above the drivers head under the storage locker,

the bed appears to a bit wider and the space below has been wisely used as on the drivers side there is a deep slide out fridge of ample proportions and next to this a slide out storage box of the same size.

The interior lighting has been vastly improved and the large bottle holder next to the drivers seat is a good idea.

The door interiors have also been remodelled and the storage space in the door pockets seems to be deeper, all mirror adjustment and the mirror heating controls are also on the door.

Looking at the dash it is immediately obvious that there is an extra guage (for the Ad Blue) and that the colour of the instruments has also been subtley changed.

The display can be changed to show fuel consumption

Turbo Pressure

Trip details as well as having an alarm clock and many other features

The control switch for the automatic gearbox has also been moved to the dashboard thus leaving the floor completely clear of all obstacles this switch can be used to select reverse, crawl reverse, drive, forward crawl or neutral,

further on the right hand side of the steering column there is a stalk control which can be used to change from automatic to manual or vice a versa by means of a black button on the end of it, if you choose the manual mode then you can change the gears manually using the same stick in much the same way as a formula 1 racing car does,to go down a gear push it down and to go up you pull it up, fortunately this option also works when the automatic mode is chosen,

you will notice that at times the automatic has a tendency to change gear when you do not really want it to, this can easily be resolved by manually adjusting to the desired gear and then pushing in the black button to change to manual control, this will then ensure that it holds the required gear as long as you wish it to, once you wish to change back up a gear you can either stay in manual and use the stalk or press the black button once more and let the automatic take over again.

The same stalk can also be used to activate and release the engine brake, to use the engine brake just pull the stalk towards you and feel it kick in, to release it just push it back forward again. Further to this on the floor in the drivers position you will find a foot control for the exhaust brake, using either of these in automatic mode the gearbox will automatically change down a gear so as to be able to supply enough rev´s to ensure that either the engine and/or exhaust brake work at their maximum potential.

Further controls such as the telephone controls have been incorporated in to the steering wheel on the left along with the on/off switch for the descent control,

to operate this just press set when the desired descent speed and been reached and the gearbox will once again change down where necessary and automatically the engine and the exhaust brakes to maintain the required speed (this only works when using automatic mode).

On the opposite side of the steering wheel there are the various controls for the speed limiter and the cruise control which are self explanatory.

Basically DAF have produced an excellent vehicle and up till now I have only found a few faults, these are,

1. To physically control the oil level you need to tilt the cab, a pain in the ■■■■ should the electric level control decide not to play.

2. The lack of a 12 volt plug in the dashboard in these modern times when many drivers use sat-nav´s is a must but once again DAF have failed to include this as standard.

3. The software for the automatic gearbox obviously needs refining as reversing is still at the very best a chancy game and there is also a tendency on climbs for it to suddenly decide to change up a gear halfway up the hill which can be consternating until you have learnt to anticipate this and revert to manual control for the hills.

Apart from this it is an easy vehicle to drive with a more than adequate level of comfort and low amount of cabin noise.

very nice walk through and well explanied,thanks a lot

for the great photos and read,

Very nice Truck Vascoinglés :grimacing:

Is’nt your SatNav duel voltage 12/24?

delboy98:
Very nice Truck Vascoinglés :grimacing:

Is’nt your SatNav duel voltage 12/24?

Don´t use one mate I prefer maps it was an observation that occurred to me

Nice truck dad :stuck_out_tongue: