Daf XF 95

For all of you people who remember, i posted a while ago asking questions about daf super space cabs (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61062).

Well yesterday i went to pick up my new(ish) unit which is an 06 plate 95XF ssc 530, and to say i’m pleased with it is an understatement! The bed is so comfy like everyone had said, it has a fridge, and the half leather seats, and also got light bars.
It drives alot better then my other unit which was an MAN TGA, The thing pulls like a train. I had a full load of beer on that i delivered to thatcham , and i never dropped below 50 even up hill!
My boss has told me that another couple of units are on the way down from heysham next week and they are both scania toplines, and if i wanted i could have first refusal on one of them, but to be honest i’m over the moon with the daf, and i wouldn’t have any problem being away 5-6 nights.
My only gripe is the egine hump but to be honest i can live with that and i find it separtes the work area to the living area if u know what i mean.
when i get some soare time during the week i’ll get some pics up. :smiley:

I am so glad you like your new 95. I also have a daf 95 530 super spaces i did 4 weeks away in mine this summer :smiley: :smiley:

Northern boy:
I am so glad you like your new 95. I also have a daf 95 530 super spaces i did 4 weeks away in mine this summer :smiley: :smiley:

U could do 4 weeks away in it easy, the storage space is unbelivable. All of the stuff from my XXL i’ve put into the daf and i’ve probably accumilated more crap over the last month and i still haven’t used one side locker, one compartment under the bed and the two side lockers above.
The middle locker has swolled up my microwave with still enough room for a shelf above ot for dvd’s and othe crap.
I can’t belive the power of it aswell (i know people will slate me for saying it), but to me it just shows how underpowered MAN’s are.

youngwithaclass1:
The thing pulls like a train. I had 43Ton of beer on that i delivered to thatcham

:unamused:

the choice between a Scania or a Daf ? :stuck_out_tongue: :unamused: :unamused:

Steve-o:

youngwithaclass1:
The thing pulls like a train. I had 43Ton of beer on that i delivered to thatcham

:unamused:

lol what i ment was i weighed in at 43 ton :blush:

Still prefer mine… The only thing I didn’t like about the Daf was that blind spot. And all that spare air space could maybe have been used a little better storage wise, especially if you are away for weeks at a time. Mind you, I used to go away for up to 6 weeks in a Premium…

If you find the 3" engine hump in a Daf ssc is a bit of a niggle, the 2’ engine hump in a Scania will bug the life out of you.

My Merc mega has a totally flat floor, its a bugger to keep clean. Like you say, the little engine hump keeps living and working spaces separate, same as in a MAN xxl

Simon:
If you find the 3" engine hump in a Daf ssc is a bit of a niggle, the 2’ engine hump in a Scania will bug the life out of you.

I think the engine hump is a bit taller then 3 inchs your probably getting mixed up with the 105. it’s the 95 xf i’ve got. :smiley:

youngwithaclass1:

Simon:

I think the engine hump is a bit taller then 3 inchs your probably getting mixed up with the 105. it’s the 95 xf i’ve got. :smiley:

Yeah they’re about the same height in the 95 and the 4-series. When I used to do tramping in an XF SC (not SSC) I found it had more than enough room for me. I actually liked the engine hump as it was just the right height to rest your feet on when sat on the bunk, and also just the right height to stand up straight on it when getting dressed. It also comes in useful as a table for making cuppas on or sorting out your paperwork. Best to get a rubber mat to sit on it though, otherwise anything sat on it when you’re driving will slide off into one of the footwells. These flat floor trucks (like the Merc Megaspace I had) are good for cross cab access but I found there was nowhere to put anything. There’s no flat surfaces and the tray is out of normal reach. The 95 is a well designed cab imho and I much prefer it to the 105.

Northern boy:

i did 6 months away in mine, under bunk still had space as did at least one of the overhead lockers. the storage bin at the bottom of the bunk has more storage space than a lot of motors!

Good choice.

Agreed with those who prefer the cab of the 95 superspace. I said goodbye to the 95 i’ve been using for the last time on Friday, it’s gone to the recievers. :cry: Spent a week away, and it was more than comfortable. It will always be a favourite of mine I think, being my first artic.

We have three other 105 space cabs, and although you can stand up because the floor is a lot lower, they feel a lot more cramped. The superspace 95 keeps the top bunk out of the way so you can sit up on the bunk without hitting your head.

I prefer the high engine hump of the 95 too, keeps the crumbs and mess in the drivers footwell. It’s just the right height to sit on the edge of the bunk with your feet supported, for eating etc, with maybe a dvd player on the pull out table. You can also rest your bag on the hump during the day, for comfortable access to things while sat in the drivers seat without having to lean down.

The following might sound daft, but the 95 cab feels cosier in the evening to spend time in, than the 105.

Another good thing is the hump is pretty much flat so its useful space, unlike say a certain Volvo FM, which has all sorts of weird angles, and everything just ends up sliding down behind or under the seat. :imp:

Back in the volvo FM’s this week :frowning: The sloping screen just doesn’t feel right, and the windows don’t wind down enough.