XF 105

We’ll after 4 and half years of Mercs and Scanias I finally get the keys to a Daf today. Arrived in the yard at the same time on trade plates as I did… Now I’m on holiday for a week so Sod’s law it will be wrecked Monday week… Had one for 3 years previously and ain’t found a match since?. Wishing my holiday away now sad hey…■■?

Yes

waynedl:
Yes

Thanks for the affirmation saves me wasting good money on quacks :smiley:

You’re looking forward to a DAF? Ok cancel the holiday and book yourself a nice rubber room.

Surely Volvo is the way on

Been in a Daf Cf auto today, lightyears away from a new FH. Good Luck.

DAF is the most reliable make I’ve ever had the pleasure of driving, enjoy…

Is it the new shape n17? If so I’m sure you’ll love it. The DAF XF is one of my favourite wagons.

Pimpdaddy:
DAF is the most reliable make I’ve ever had the pleasure of driving, enjoy…

I’m looking for some smileys on your post somewhere to show that you’re having a laugh. But I can’t seem to find any. :grimacing:

the xf is a great truck for tramping loads of room comfy bed etc the downside is the steering lock i find is crap and compared the the others its very dated

Main thing I don’t like about the DAF XF is really petty if I’m honest, it’s the fact that it’s 1 of the only newer trucks that doesn’t automatically kick the retarder / exhaust brake in when exceeding the cruise control speed, meaning you’ve got to watch your speed and brake at the appropriate time.

Every other truck will kick it in based on your cruise control speed, some are adjustable too - a la Volvo and new shape Actros

Of course this thread is useless without pics.

Ken.

waynedl:
Main thing I don’t like about the DAF XF is really petty if I’m honest, it’s the fact that it’s 1 of the only newer trucks that doesn’t automatically kick the retarder / exhaust brake in when exceeding the cruise control speed, meaning you’ve got to watch your speed and brake at the appropriate time.

Every other truck will kick it in based on your cruise control speed, some are adjustable too - a la Volvo and new shape Actros

Mine does at 93 on cruise and at 90 if I’m using the throttle.

cliffton 27:
the xf is a great truck for tramping loads of room comfy bed etc the downside is the steering lock i find is crap and compared the the others its very dated

This being my main priority !. I was given the choice of a Volvo not the new shape and even though I’ve found them ok to drive on the odd occasion that I have. I don’t fancy living in one all week. I know the Daf has it faults but I’ve found the plus points outweigh them. Ps I wasn’t serious about giving up my holiday :laughing:

Silver_Surfer:
Is it the new shape n17? If so I’m sure you’ll love it. The DAF XF is one of my favourite wagons.

Sadly not 60 plate ex Goldstar gaffer got a job lot think we had 12 in now to replace the old Scanias . The volvos are new but not the new style.

do you work for searon by any chance ? you will not beat the daf i have owened 3 and before that drove another 3, i now people knock them on here but i think for being away all week they can not be beaten

cliffton 27:

They’ve just released the new model which should counter the dated argument. I never really noticed the poor steering lock, has been a fair few years since I’ve driven one though, perhaps they’ve addressed this issue with the new model, at least the mid lift steers on DAF’s so your tyres don’t go horizontal when you’re turning heavy.

Silver_Surfer:

cliffton 27:

They’ve just released the new model which should counter the dated argument. I never really noticed the poor steering lock, has been a fair few years since I’ve driven one though, perhaps they’ve addressed this issue with the new model, at least the mid lift steers on DAF’s so your tyres don’t go horizontal when you’re turning heavy.

i have been in one when loading at layland and to be honest not much had changed i suppose its a case of it it aint broke etc

More has changed than you think Clifton,wider chassis ,wider cab to fit on the chassis ,also re crash tested,Also front axle is now wider ,new rear axle and new suspension set up along with numerous smaller tweeks …Admittedly to look at ,apart from the new grill and lights it does look like nothing much has changed…But as they say look scan be deceiving