Daf super space cab questions

Hi fellow trucknet members, Last week the unit i normaly tramp in was sold ( MAN TGA XXL) :frowning: , due to the company being taken over by another company who are not very keen on them (apparently).
I was told that i’d be getting another unit within a couple of weeks, so this week and a part of next week i’m using a low cab MAN TGA, which is an absolute heap! but i’ve managed to clean the interior so is habbitable few weeks.
Yesterday i was told i will be getting a Daf XF super sapce cab on a 06 OR 56 REG. I wasn’t told if it was a 95 xf or 105 xf. I’ve only ever driven an old CF so never even stepped inside a XF.
My question to you all is, Is there as much space for storage and living in both the 105 and 95 ssc as in the XXL and also what do they drive like, Also has anyone got any decent pictures of the interior of the ssc 95 and 105,

Thankx in advance
Alex

youll have plenty of space if its a 95 xf, not as much as the xxl because the 95 has an engine hump.

the 105 doesnt have the engine hump and has more space.

either way you aint short of space

If you thought the XXL was good you’ll love the XF, XF’s are far better on reliability & the drive is better too.

and the bed is awesome, i have a die hard scanny man on my facebook who got an xf space cab and hes now converted on the bed that its the best thing since sliced bread

In the 95 is there enough room to stand on the engine hump, and are the lockers a good size.
Is there storage under the bed like in the CF? Also if it’s an 06 REG will here be a digi tacho :cry: or analouge tacho :question:

gogzy:
and the bed is awesome, i have a die hard scanny man on my facebook who got an xf space cab and hes now converted on the bed that its the best thing since sliced bread

Thats good news then, i gotta admit the bed in the XXL was pants i had to get the mattress from the top bunk and double it up on the bottom bunk to make it soft enough for me.

i used to do up to 6 months away at a time in a XF95 SSC, beleive me mate theres tons of space and storage in them. i could store everything away and not have anything laying out in sight. i would guess by the age of the truck you said you were getting that it wont be a XF105 but a 95. my 06 was digi, you can stand up on the engine hump, the lockers are massive, storage under bunk took 6 months worth of clothes and maps etc. the bed is very very comfy and also very wide. fridge is very good as well.

the 56 xf has a digi card in is ok to drive but remember the 1 i drove ( not mine ) :wink: had the gear shift on the seat ( could move as with the arm rest ) this also had a flat so i could stand up easy in it floor :laughing: had plenty of storage space the top bunk is nice to sleep on ( even with quite a thin mattress dont be deceived by it

this was also a semi auto quite easy & straight forward

has anyone got any decent pictures of the interior of theres??

daf.com/EN/News-Media/Pages/ … =daf+xf105

animal:
the 56 xf has a digi card in is ok to drive but remember the 1 i drove ( not mine ) :wink: had the gear shift on the seat ( could move as with the arm rest ) this also had a flat so i could stand up easy in it floor :laughing: had plenty of storage space the top bunk is nice to sleep on ( even with quite a thin mattress dont be deceived by it

Sounds suspiciously like a mega space merc :exclamation:

Goaty:

animal:

Sounds suspiciously like a mega space merc :exclamation:

Agreed, in an XF the gear change is either next to the radio or on the floor, The only ones I know of with the seat mounted change are the Actros and possibly the Stralis?

Not in the stralis as the older ones are on the floor on a turning arm the newer ones just buttons on the dash

The Actros is on an arm on the seat, as I’m currently driving them for a customer of the agency.

The early XF had them on the floor, but the newer ones are on the dash.

The bunk in the DAF will give you a bigger hard on than the wife, it’s that good.

Ken.

daf 95 xf, ssc, still my fave truck, in 20 years of driving for a living. i know alot don’t like the engine
hump, but it never bothered me. great truck for long periods away, spot on.

Cheers for all the replies, i’m actually getting excited about it now. If and when i get it i’ll post a couple of pics up.