would you pay

Did a load on my 6 wheeler tipper out of our quarry on friday,when i worked the rate out i had done 105 miles round trip for £88.I was so brassed off i wasted a phone call to the TM and told him i couldnt do work at those crap rates ,after listening for a while and taking it in he said that he had some bad news they had 19 unsigned PODs where we had dropped loads before the customer had arrived.The upshot is myself and 1 0f my trucks have 2 loads apiece and they want to charge 1/2 price of the load value,he said thats about £100 a load. Anyone had anything similar ? They are franchise trucks and it looks like they can legally stop the money so i could be stuffed. Oh by the way the company refusing to pay are called Laser from the Worcester area their boys told us the night before where to tip and leave the tickets, beware if you ever deliver to them they are sharp operators. :frowning:

pursy:
Did a load on my 6 wheeler tipper out of our quarry on friday,when i worked the rate out i had done 105 miles round trip for £88.I was so brassed off i wasted a phone call to the TM and told him i couldnt do work at those crap rates ,after listening for a while and taking it in he said that he had some bad news they had 19 unsigned PODs where we had dropped loads before the customer had arrived.The upshot is myself and 1 0f my trucks have 2 loads apiece and they want to charge 1/2 price of the load value,he said thats about £100 a load. Anyone had anything similar ? They are franchise trucks and it looks like they can legally stop the money so i could be stuffed. Oh by the way the company refusing to pay are called Laser from the Worcester area their boys told us the night before where to tip and leave the tickets, beware if you ever deliver to them they are sharp operators. :frowning:

You should of just put a “squiggle” yourself for a signature and then it would of been covered.
You’ve seen yourself how some of those site security guys sign,that Laser company would not dispute a signature no matter who it apparently came from,
hindsight is a wonderful thing I know :exclamation: :unamused:
I’m sure your “shafted” though bound to be small print somewhere about not paying for unsigned POD’s if there’s a query. :cry:

Some of the guys put a squiggle but i always put ‘no one on site to sign,tipped on stockpile’ and then i put the time too to correspond with the tacho. In the 1st place they were refusing to pay for about £25000 worth of stone and now they have agreed to just 19 loads,I expect its the big firms showing their muscles and screwing the little guy again eh. Hows the work over there now Big Truck ?

Gone ■■■■ up mate,not good at all. :cry:
Got the dreaded phonecall from the quarry at 2pm on Fri after being steady there for approx 17 months, of course no were else will give work while things are slow.
So truck parked and I’ve sent my driver to the Agencies to see whats available tomorrow and will just have to wait it out for how long I can who knows. :frowning:
Could maybe go and pull a fridge/Taut traction for somebody with the Xmas rush etc but my GIT is for quarry materials only and with the PTO tank up behind the cab hooking into some trailers could be fun :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth:
Need a cold snap for the roadsalt. :wink:

pursy:

We had a warning about tipping without getting a scribble in one of our regular jobs - everytime we went we were given a sheet of paper with ‘Your POD’s will not be paid without a signature and a printed name’ on it :unamused: . We were tipping late, signing the notes ourself and leaving them in the office. The lads on the ground didn’t mind but the bosses obviously did. :unamused:

Sounds a rough do what they’ve done - too big for their boots these quarry operators. :imp: Rate is ■■■■■■■■ for that distance as well. Good luck.