Worst day ?

Got a call the other day from the TM to ask if I would go and help a new driver load up at a collection point near me as he was having a bad day and could do with some assistance with an awkward load. I got to the collection point and met the driver and his story unfolded…

It stared off by him reading the collection schedule wrong and going to Colchester first instead of Mildenhall, then while trying to find the address wiping out an entire bus shelter after going down a dead end and attempting to turn around. Then after finnaly finding the right place and loading proceeded to wipe out a fence as he exited the collection point.
Realy felt for the fella, he was not looking forward to returning to the yard.

Just wondered if anyone had any better disater days ?

The night I hit a 125 intercity at laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire in the late 70s track was closed for days and insurance claim was over £1 million, the next year everybodys public liability was put up !!!

I’ve had loads :frowning:

Today, just found had to drive FM all week see other threads :sunglasses:

Worst ive done was took a wrong turn into a dead end street from a major road.

Thought how the hell am i going to get out of here, there was a car wash and i thought i can reverse in towards the car wash and hopefully be able to turn.

Reversing back towards the car wash was trying to get my trailer flush with the car wash give me as much room as possible.

What i didnt realise was the car was had a neon sign in the middle which stuck out, reversing back thinking this is going well until the sound of neon sign smashing !.

Felt more embarresed than anything else having to go into the shop and tell the staff i just smashed their car wash sign up.

Gave over my insurance details strange thing is they never claimed the company i was working for.

willie_mac:
The night I hit a 125 intercity at laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire in the late 70s track was closed for days and insurance claim was over £1 million, the next year everybodys public liability was put up !!!

Now that must have been a REALLY BAD day.

Nice one Willie.