Cause you had a bad day

well thursday was a bad day

i was only ment to be on locals but it turned into a 15 hour day with being brought back in by car

started at 00.30 and i had 2 drops one in scunthorpe and the other in nottingham. got to scunny by 3.50 amd i tipped it in 15 minutes and it was back to notts. had a 20 minute break there and a hours poa as it don’t open until 6am. tipped that in 40 mins and off to sutton in ashfield for a collection . had the remainder of my break there and started loading by 8am.
finnished loading there and back to long eaton for another collection of hanging which took until 10.20. from there it was back to the yard.

once at the yard that trailer got dumped on a bay and then i was told to pick up a empty trailer (4122) and go out to fleckney for yet another collection. hitched up and doing the checks i opened the back door and noticed theres only 7 rails in it :smiling_imp: so i rung them and they told me to pick up another trailer (4124) and after 2 laps of the yard i decided it wasn’t there (it was in halifax) rung again for another trailer, this time they got it right and i left the yard 12.05.

why is it when your in a rush no one else is :unamused: and it took a hour top get to fleckney. this collection involves using the tail lift to bring the stock on to the trailer with rails (that don’t fit the tail lift properly ) and i ended up picking 2 of them off the floor . any way before i finished i had to have another 6 hour break. and then continue . finally finshed at 14.15 and was on my way back when i ran into every tractor on the road in leicestershire :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: .

got back to the m1 at lutterworth and it was a choice of going up the m1 or going across and joining the a5 then the a444. i took the later and with 10 minutes left ran into the macdonalds at junc11 of the m42.

by this time i have already rung the office and they said they would send someone out in a car to pick me up and bring the truck back in.

i finally finished at 16.30 and the next day was a 1.30 am start

the joys of truck driving

jon

Is that unusual?? I wish I could have just one bad day occassionly

surely after 10 hours it was up to you to leave the yard in your car

it was but with with the average of 1/2 hour poa a week and the fact i don’t work more then 4 days per week meaning less then 48 hours a week the chance for overtime was there for the taking.

just the day was against me from the start

jon

Thursday seems to have been a bad day all round. I went over my hours by an hour to get back to Leeds after doing a Morrisons RDC, Tesco’s RDC and ASDA RDC in that time, is it any wonder :unamused: .

It was pretty dire here too, as a quick couple of boxes up to Blyth turned into knackered trailer brakes…a major battle to get rid of a box only to find the trailer was unfixable…another major battle to get rid of another box which everyone had forgotten was loaded so I could get the trailer from underneath and do the second Blyth…a last minute “quick” reload which took 2 hours (just too short to get paid demurrage :cry: ) because I hit the place at a meal break…a major electrical storm bringing the A19 to a halt…which meant I caught shift-change on the docks…finished off when some pillock abandoned an entire train full of steel across the entrance to the box and ferry terminals so we were all shut inside for nearly half an hour… :cry: :cry: :cry:

Friday, however, went like clockwork, and I was drinking coffee and gassing with the other lads in the yard by 3pm - we don’t even have a queue for the wash any more since the whole “WTD Incident” made them cave in and buy us a second one. :stuck_out_tongue:

Rob K:
Thursday seems to have been a bad day all round. I went over my hours by an hour to get back to Leeds after doing a Morrisons RDC, Tesco’s RDC and ASDA RDC in that time, is it any wonder :unamused: .

Surely thats impossible!!! 3 RDCS x 4 hours in each minimum thats 12 hours off your day already they must have been RIGHT next to each other…

jammymutt:

Rob K:

Surely thats impossible!!! 3 RDCS x 4 hours in each minimum thats 12 hours off your day already they must have been RIGHT next to each other…

Morrisons Wakefield, Tesco Barlboro, Asda Lutterworth.

we don’t even have a queue for the wash any more since the whole “WTD Incident” made them cave in and buy us a second one. :stuck_out_tongue:

:frowning: It has been 8 weeks now since i have washed my beloved DAF just finish to late on a friday

Dafman’s signature:
Location: Lancashire God’s real county the others are just pretend

:laughing:

Yeah okay. What a load of [zb], with a capital B.

Rob K:

ROB U BROKE THE LAW UNLIKE U WHAT HAPPENED THERE THEN

Rob K:

Rob, some time last year, I remember you absolutely slaughtering a guy on here for doing that!! You wanted him hung, drawn and quartered as I recall!!
Whats so different about what you did??

TheBear:

Rob K:

Rob, some time last year, I remember you absolutely slaughtering a guy on here for doing that!! You wanted him hung, drawn and quartered as I recall!!
Whats so different about what you did??

Asda Lutterworth took beards to sort the paperwork out and then I had to battle like chuff in the morning rush hour traffic to get back to the yard for 0930, that’s what happened. In actual fact I was back in the yard at 0945 but by the time you’ve dropped the trailer off, completed paperwork, fuelled up and then waited at the window to get signed off, time quickly racks up. And anyone who’s ever been to MacFarlane’s yard or worked for them will most certainly back me up on the length of time you stand at the window before someone will come and sign you off !

This is hardly comparative to PlacidCasual’s 4 hours over driving time is it? ie. his was intentional, mine wasn’t.

:unamused:

jonboy:

it was but with with the average of 1/2 hour poa a week and the fact i don’t work more then 4 days per week meaning less then 48 hours a week the chance for overtime was there for the taking.

just the day was against me from the start

jon

Irrelevent. You’ve broken the law in regard to the RTD.

Irrelevent. You’ve broken the law in regard to the RTD.

explain to me where i broke the law :exclamation:

jon