First day on job

Was told to start at 7 so being a newbie was there 6:30. Went to transport clerk to find out what I’m doing. Oh just take 40ft container to enderby load up and back. Be there for 9am. Thinking nice easy job. Oh no. After being told trailer loaded in a bay and half hour searching, it’s not there back in office and raise the issue. Was told defo out there so went on hunt again. By 8am no way is it here. Back in office and find trailer not loaded and have to do checks hook up trailer go down ramp and pick up the container.
I say ok still have 45 mins to get there, NOT! Big line for containers. Anyway get loaded and leave at 9am. Get to customers yard to receive a where you been. :grimacing: After 1hr 20 that’s me loaded had a nice cuppa and back to tamworth. Book in and get given notes to unload and pick up an empty for Burton on Trent. Thinking not to far and head off to container yard to get stuck in another line up for over an hour. Get loaded head up to Burton drop off by 3pm, ring the office incase there’s something to come back. Nope just head back so I poodles back stopping for refreshments on way and get back at 4:15. Office say unhook trailer fuel up and tell you what’s on tomorrow. So do this at a slow pace and signed off 4:45. It was an experience which could of went better at first but in end was not a bad day. Back in at 6am off to felixstowe. Will let you know how it goes.

Tamworth to Enderby - did you enjoy the A5 and M69 :question:

Glad your first day went well and seems like you have a nice longish run tomorow - enjoy :smiley:

Sounds like a great day. :smiley:

Always wanted to have a go at containers…

Anyone know anywhere in West Midlands area?

Went A5 A47 mate as was told you can go that way or might of went other way. :smiley: . Was a shock getting a max load today many gear changes and a bit slower on r/abouts and corners :slight_smile: Thats only place I know of mate but then I’m still new to midlands.

AH… you went the ‘pretty’ route :wink: :laughing:

I not gonna bore you with day to day exact details but they have got me in earlier each day today was up at 3:30 and in at 5 oc for a trip down to Gloucester for 8 oc back load. Was there 7:45 which was good then get told it’s gonna get hand balled on. Thankfully it was only a 20ft container on a slider trailer which was fun as only got told how to use. But worked it out quick enough. Anyway 12 oc it was finished loading and poodles back to tamworth. After traffic on m42 was back at 14:15. Was told drop trailer park unit up and see ya Monday. Happy days, early finish on Friday. Then my body went into shut down lol. I’m enjoying it as there’s lots of variation with places trailers and containers. Let’s see what next week brings.

That’s one good thing about containers, can do your sleep during the day :smiley:

DonutUK:
Sounds like a great day. :smiley:

Always wanted to have a go at containers…

Anyone know anywhere in West Midlands area?

RCL at Birch coppice have adverts up for casual drivers…any use to you fella?