The first day !

Well today was the first day out on the road :confused: .
Met the driver i was going with in the yard at 7.45 this morning, he explained the order of the day, showed me round the wagon explained what everything in the cab was then he drove down to Wetherby to pick up a load of cardboard & i was to take over from there.
We were a hour late getting to safepak as there had been a smash on the A59 earlier in the morning & the police still had the road closed (no one dead).
So we get there & it was in at the deep end for me, reverse on to the trailer & hook it up :confused: ., took a couple of goes but gets it right in the end, quick coffee then up to Newton Aycliffe, had a pretty good drive up, A1 fairly quiet (must have known i was out on the road :smiley: ) gets unloaded at 3M, phone call to office to check what was next, then spent the rest of the day moving stone products from Wetherby stone between Ripon & Thirsk (bloody tight yard at Ripon glad to get that one out of the way), spent the rest of the day swoping trailers then back to the start swop again 3 times in all.
Met a charming young lady trucker at Thirsk :smiley: :smiley: .
Then took a loaded trailer back to depot for a run to Staffordshire in the morning.
Tommorrow i am by myself :confused: , another run to Newton Aycliffe with carboard then possibly on to Stanley, so if you see a T J Smith wagon with a driver looking very lost &/or distresed don’t be afraid to come over an offer much needed assistance :smiley: :smiley: .
All in all after a sleepless night on Tuesday & feeling very nervous this morning i seem to have enjoyed myself today (if thats what you are supposed to do) even if it did start chucking it down before the end of the day, so lets hope day 2 goes just as well.

Mick

Hi Mick

Last time I delivered to Safepak Wetherby the Southbound A1 exit was closed at the racecourse, which is now the start/finish of the new stretch of A1, do you still come off at Thorp Arch and go over to exit Northbound?
Also they have put that new bridge in next to where the old one was but that bend in the slip road was tight as it was, moving the bridge must have made it worse still, but if it’s only ever going to be an exit slip it’ll be ok for now

Tony

Mick

:blush: Forget my last I’ve just got Safepak mixed up with Goldenfry DOH! :blush:

Tony

sounds like you had a good day mick ,just one tip for you tomorrow take your time,and it will be easier for you in the end.try not to be to nervous as thats how mistakes happen m8 good luck :laughing: :laughing:

mick57:
Met a charming young lady trucker at Thirsk :smiley: :smiley: .
Mick

'Cmon then, spill :grimacing:. All in all it sonds like you had a good day. Just to reiterate what’s allready been said, don’t rush that’s when mistakes happen, if in doubt do two things. 1) Ask, 2) Get Out And Look :wink:.

Glad you had a good day Mick :slight_smile: . What truck
did you drive :question: .