Bad Day

Just got back in the yard and POMP a seal goes on the power steering. Big faff dropping my loaded trailer in our busy yard at tea time. Oh well at least I wasn’t on the motorway…

I notice my new truck sat in front of a trailer in the yard. Ace! they must be putting it on the road on Monday great!

Then I notice the fitters have collected the trailer with it and have managed to scuff the freshly painted run up bars. On the freshly painted chassis Collecting an empty trailer!

Oh well it’ll probably clean up.

One of the night shift lads comes over and asks me to explain to an Agency lad the drops on his work list. I’m told he can only use a Sat Nav and his list doesn’t have postcodes. I explain the first couple and give him the street names and local landmarks (I’m not really a SatNav kinda driver).

When I have to explain where Bolton Wanderers is (we work from Preston) I advise our Agency man that he ought to keep an eye out for landmarks.
“Why should I? I’ve managed perfectly well for the last four years with a SatNav…”

Oh well I’m sure he’ll find the rest of them…
Is what I thought to myself as I turned on my heal and left him in the yard.

Compared to those four miners trapped in Wales I can hardly say that I have really had a bad day.
What I can say that it has been fun to tap it out as I have a pint in the Pub.

Have a safe evening folks

W