Working only to drive a fancy motor

On the “Trucking mag cover star” thread I commented that there would be always somebody who would be willing to drive a blinged motor for minimum wages ONLY for the fact it was blinged up, and a guy came back to me, who I assume was trying to justify this, saying “some work for the money some for the motor each to his own” Is this actually true :open_mouth: do some drivers look upon their wages as a secondary aspect to the job and their main priority and reason for doing this job is to be seen in a fancy motor, and is anybody on here in that category that will admit to it.

Not me mate ,i go to work to earn a living ,as long as your motors reliable and fairly comfy ,dont see the point in working for a lot less money.Thats just my opinion tho,il bet theres a few that dont see it the same way tho.

Some of our fleet is getting a bit long in the tooth now. So no.

i dont care what i drive aslong as the money is right and its roadworthy nuff said.

not me but some people seem to really “live to work”. wld say each to his own but these bling-merchants drive own our wages!

I consider myself lucky that I enjoy my work as much as I do. Every motor is ‘fancy’ to me when I think of the knockers I started driving in.
This doesn’t mean I would be happy to be paid less just to drive a top of the range truck.

I’ve always wondered how could somebody blow 150k on a custom truck and then let a numpty who will work for less pay drive it?

W

I don’t have a regular motor to call my own, 5 shifts this week and 4 different trucks, but I do have a regular job.

So, no fancy truck but easy, good paying job. Guess which one is the more important to me? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a daf cf " high roof!" and am earning more in this lorry then I have ever earnt before.

Maybe if I was living at home with no ties/life I would like a fancy lorry but the novelty of big truck and ■■■■ money would soon wear off .

I like the bling stuff but I go to work to earn money. However I will make my truck look presentable in a subtle blinged up way. For e.g I’ll polish up the diesel tanks and little things like that and I have been known to spray the wheels back to silver for a fresher look but all at the companys expense. Make no mistake if I was a successful owner driver my unit would be covered in lights, kelsa bars, spot lights, twin stacks the lot. Bottom line is 400 quid a week for a scania topline or 500 quid a week for dad cf it would be the daf for me… But with a polished up diesel tank and clean silver wheels :laughing:

i know a couple on here who go for the more flash than cash catagorie… as long as they dont want me to work there. :open_mouth: :confused:

I certainly wouldn’t take min wage in return for a blinged up lorry, but i would like a decent motor. Where the seat wont go down far enough, i get alot of pain in my knees when at work and afterwards from driving my lorry.

Sod that, I drive for money a decent well maintained motor and a decent wage is all I ask. If I was an OD tramping then I’d be more interested in practical comforts than spots and pelmets.

chicane:
a decent well maintained motor.

Whats a decent motor in your opinion?

one with all the bits attached and in working order :grimacing:

Currently mostly in Merc Axors but I do like the DAF CFs, company I run for regularly have some old S and T reg ERFs, MANs and Volvos, showing their age (1 has over 1million km on the clock) but clean and well maintained so I’m happy.

fleet spec motor and the cash in my bank please :sunglasses: :wink:

jonboy

chicane:

Currently mostly in Merc Axors but I do like the DAF CFs, company I run for regularly have some old S and T reg ERFs, MANs and Volvos, showing their age (1 has over 1million km on the clock) but clean and well maintained so I’m happy.

I drove a brand new CF75 on thursday and was very nice. The newer cfs are good but old ones are really crap, the autos are terrible.

Saaamon:

chicane:

I drove a brand new CF75 on thursday and was very nice. The newer cfs are good but old ones are really crap, the autos are terrible.

Lucky git newest I’ve driven was a 65 plate
:cry: so the new axors are the best I’ve driven

Have you tried flight socks for your legs I find the makes a hell of a difference, not cheap though :cry:

chicane:

I drive an 06 TGA 390 in poverty/fleet spec and it has over 1 mil on the clock and I take home a very respectable wage for 40 hrs-a-week trunking.

There are a few on here but will anybody admit to be happy driving a motor with all the tat stuck to it and taking home barely above min wage?

chicane:

Saaamon:

chicane:

Lucky git newest I’ve driven was a 65 plate
:cry: so the new axors are the best I’ve driven

Have you tried flight socks for your legs I find the makes a hell of a difference, not cheap though :cry:

I was thinking about something like that but didn’t know what was out there, will def look into that.

Well i got to drive it but i bent the column on the crane platform that holds the remote. Caught it on a tree, i knew it was tight as i’d been there before but it just got hooked up and couldn’t do anything about it. I told, she who must be obeyed at all times, before i went out that theres a chance something will happen but was told the delievery had to go.

I’d love to drive old lorries, i’d say you were quite lucky to drive them erfs. I see a very well looked after black and orange 4 wheeler erf in our yard the other day.

ThrustMaster:

chicane:

I drive an 06 TGA 390 in poverty/fleet spec and it has over 1 mil on the clock and I take home a very respectable wage for 40 hrs-a-week trunking.

There are a few on here but will anybody admit to be happy driving a motor with all the tat stuck to it and taking home barely above min wage?

I cant stand “tat”, dont mind alloy wheels but thats as far as it goes, i prefer them looking factory, would feel like a boy racers with all that ■■■■. I cant stand it in msa’s when people with V8’s and loud exhausts keep reving them so the whole ■■■■■■■ world can hear.