Working only to drive a fancy motor

Fleet Axor, I like driving and a cushy clean job with lots of benefits and decent pay comes top of the list.

And anyway I wouldn’t be seen dead driving something that, in my opinion looks totally ridiculous.

I saw one of those dreadful Swedish lorries on the M5 the other day and bolted to the front was a big metal contraption I believe would be called a bull bar or a cow catcher it looked a bit like and old bedstead.

What are the chances of coming across herds of cattle on the M5 no wonder they have the curtains half drawn. :smiley:

mike68:
I saw one of those dreadful Swedish lorries on the M5 the other day and bolted to the front was a big metal contraption I believe would be called a bull bar or a cow catcher it looked a bit like and old bedstead.

lool

mike68:
Fleet Axor, I like driving and a cushy clean job with lots of benefits and decent pay comes top of the list.

And anyway I wouldn’t be seen dead driving something that, in my opinion looks totally ridiculous.

What are the chances of coming across herds of cattle on the M5 no wonder they have the curtains half drawn. :smiley:

Used to be known as “roo-bars” wouldn,t be without em, handy for all them bloody kangaroos that get in your way around Droitwich. :laughing: :laughing:

mrx:
not me but some people seem to really “live to work”. wld say each to his own but these bling-merchants drive own our wages!

Exactly, but they don’t get it and then come on here moaning about how bad the pay is in the job. Too many glory boys in this game.

In my place everyone gets paid the same,and the men who overnight 5 or 6 nights a week and do bigger mileage get the new stuff,the older stuff is kept for local and occasional overnighters,very rarly are you asked to drive another mans truck,maybe for a day or so if yours is in garage but everone has their own wagon,some people do bling their wagons up,fresh or alloy wheels and tanks,light bars etc,i started with firm in 2006 and got a 2001 premium rigid and i always looked after it and cleaned it alot even though it was starting to show its age and mileage,some other drivers didnt,i drove it like that for 4 years, and boss sent mine in for a chassis respray,new wheels and new rear doors,then the opportuinty came up for them to buy a new model premium and i got it,it was really nice to get a new wagon,no KMs on clock and plastic still on bunk etc,i overnight in it normally once a week and sometimes twice,ive it well kitted out with cool box,kettle and stove etc,i clean it thourally every other day and it shows as it always looks new,im hoping to get the tanks polished up soon and MAYBE?? get a set of alloy wheel trims for it,just a simple subtle clean well looked after look,as its hard to keep a hard working rigid in really good order.

Its not about having a better wagon for less money or lesser wagon for more money,but i have to drive it for a long time and i like to keep it in good clean order for myself,no point in abusing and letting the thing go downhill and still having to drive it longterm,i treat my car the same,its far from new,but an excellent clean and well cared for example.

Cab Happiness! :unamused:
Much rather have a new wagon every 3 or so years than some Blinger Wagon! :open_mouth:

Why do they then spend so much blinging it some more! :laughing:
Posers!! The lot of em! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

BIGRIG1:
In my place everyone gets paid the same,and the men who overnight 5 or 6 nights a week and do bigger mileage get the new stuff,the older stuff is kept for local and occasional overnighters,very rarly are you asked to drive another mans truck,maybe for a day or so if yours is in garage but everone has their own wagon,some people do bling their wagons up,fresh or alloy wheels and tanks,light bars etc,i started with firm in 2006 and got a 2001 premium rigid and i always looked after it and cleaned it alot even though it was starting to show its age and mileage,some other drivers didnt,i drove it like that for 4 years, and boss sent mine in for a chassis respray,new wheels and new rear doors,then the opportuinty came up for them to buy a new model premium and i got it,it was really nice to get a new wagon,no KMs on clock and plastic still on bunk etc,i overnight in it normally once a week and sometimes twice,ive it well kitted out with cool box,kettle and stove etc,i clean it thourally every other day and it shows as it always looks new,im hoping to get the tanks polished up soon and MAYBE?? get a set of alloy wheel trims for it,just a simple subtle clean well looked after look,as its hard to keep a hard working rigid in really good order.

Its not about having a better wagon for less money or lesser wagon for more money,but i have to drive it for a long time and i like to keep it in good clean order for myself,no point in abusing and letting the thing go downhill and still having to drive it longterm,i treat my car the same,its far from new,but an excellent clean and well cared for example.

You polish a Renault Premium ■■? ■■ ■■ :open_mouth:

I once heard two Linconshire or east coast drivers talking on the CB as I headed up the A1 and one actually said he had been asked by his boss to choose either a new Scania or a pay rise ?
“I’m not stupid” he said “I took the new motor” :laughing:
If I had the choice of a new truck for less pay I could go back to my old company who seem to be replacing the old fleet with nice new Volvos instead of driving this rubbish Frieghtliner around, I have even been offered a brand new Cascadia by this company but turned it down because I think they would expect me to work weekends with it.
The thought of going back to the old firm is not bad because they were good employers who thought my family came first and thate very rare these days.
It’s the same the world over, idiots over here choose to drive flashy chrome covered KW’s and Pete’s (that I find are rubbish) rather than earn good pay with good conditions. I watch these young kids going through truck washes paying out of their own pockets :laughing: My truck is gleaming most of the time but the company pay and astounding $76.00 each time I go through, I may wash the tractor in our yard on the odd day but when i am on hourly pay only.
No way would I put the truck first before pay. (unless that truck was a Ford Cargo, I wouldn’t drive one of those death traps for a million bucks. )

not me either, i work for the money only and not the glory, blinged up trucks that don’t belong to the drivers don’t put food on your table :slight_smile:

I have seen the same thing happen years ago.A driver leaving a firm to go and drive for another firm for less money,just to get a new lorry. Mad !!!

I think you should all think yourselfs lucky im forced to drive a 21yr old 143 500 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: all for just £500 a week

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70201&hilit=+why+bs+a+tipper

DSCF0073.JPG
DSCF0074.JPGDrove this beauty for three months but the money was crap so i moved on

Rob K:

BIGRIG1:

You polish a Renault Premium ■■? ■■ ■■ :open_mouth:

Yea i do,very under rated truck IMO,what do you drive yourself?

chicane:
Lucky git newest I’ve driven was a 65 plate

And how is life in 2015/16? :wink:

Did the driver’s CPC actually happen? :stuck_out_tongue:

The only ‘bling’ I would want is more lights. :cry:

Early mornings and nights are cutting in now I see…

Coffeeholic:

chicane:
Lucky git newest I’ve driven was a 65 plate

And how is life in 2015/16? :wink:

Did the driver’s CPC actually happen? :stuck_out_tongue:

well spotted pal :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
cash is king end off

i’d take a lesser wage than i have now if i needed a job , but now for a blinged lorry, i keep mine as clean as i can & polish it every now & again, the only bit i want on it can be fitted as a factory fit , & i’d like the spots in the sunvisor & the fogs in the bumper fitted an upright exhaust would be nice too, although i know the exhaust won’t be fitted ,but the light & fogs will , but i’ll not be paying for it , i want them for parctical reasons not looks, but if the company said i’d have to work for less money to have them fitted , i’d carry on without them.

some blinged up trucks look hard work , i’m happy with a power washer

:blush: :unamused: only excuse is I ■■■■ near maxed out my hours on the previous shift and not caught up on sleep. Hoping I don’t need to be driving in 2015/16 well not as much, dcpc is covered to 2019, (FLT and ADR + tankers took up most of it)

my firms trucks have bling on them but we dont pay for any of it,the gaffer puts it all on,so maybe we are lucky wages are not to bad and our job is so easy and laid back,now i know of two lads no names one who has spent over 10,000 grand twice and one who spent 15.000 grand on there trucks.