Love or Money

Do you enjoy your job driving trucks? Would you change for another non truck driving job if it offered a bit more money or is diesel running through your veins and you could never contemplate leaving truck driving?
Daft thing is… is that I’ve now got a job (self-employed) driving a van which pays me double in 3 days than I earnt tramping and been away all week on artics. Granted, I do quite enjoy the job and I am getting to see lots of different countries but I DO miss driving artics. I am constantly looking at the wagons that I see on my travels and hankering to be back driving them again.
Bloody daft I suppose as my money situation & the time that I can take off to be at home whenever I want is one of the benefits of this job.
Maybe I’m looking back with rose tinted glasses at all the better times rather than remembering all the crap times - laying on your back on the cat-walk in the rain in middle of winter connecting suzies under a 45ft container or trying to sheet a load in a gale with your hands frozen into claws! Ect, ect…
Guess I’m just rambling on a bit while drinking this saturday afternoon away :unamused:
Never mind… safe driving to you all.

rose tinted glasses fella :laughing:

i’ll swap you :cry: :cry:

wylie:
rose tinted glasses fella :laughing:

white tinted if you dont mind lanc.

If I was offered double my current salary to become Shania Twain’s male ■■■■■■ with special responsibility for catering for her ■■■■■■ needs, I couldn’t say, hand on heart, that I would turn it down.

Got offered that job Harry turned it down as I was offered a job driving an ERF EC11 with a Eaton twin splitter at the same time, NO CONTEST, I took the EC11.

having done it, you soon come back if you have diesel in them vains of yours.
stayed away a total of 3 months twice and still came back,once in - in for life?.

if you do manage to stay out, best of luck :smiley:

mark

i really still miss tramping even though im home every day by 4 pm earning 3 times as much as driver now being an electrician.

I’m with u Harry…i wouldn’t shag it either…rubbish…Salma Hayek only…now your talking :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

i think it depends on your home/family status etc, if married, got kids also, if you aint got all this and on own then the driving/tramping job is better than sitting home all week twiddleing your thumbs,

well its like my job now i do 5 on 3 off and i live on own and im as above not married no kids, i get bored stiff, so maybe i should go traveling again, lol take my own advice, but i get decent money at present, and if i could find a decent job going abroad who run legal then i would, so im stuck lol

funny this topic coming up now. my other half told me about a job advertised that i could possibly go for. starting salary is over 40k going up to over 80k with no experience necessary. i did think about it but i would get bored so i will stick with earning 1/4 of the salary of an air traffic controller but enjoying my job :sunglasses:

Sad part here is it’s possible to get paid more for driving a van over an artic. Truck drivers the world over are underpaid. Even in the US where they keep harping on about “driver shortage” it’s difficult to find companies that treat you right.

My wife gave up trying to get me into “something else” though :laughing: :laughing: