Working for Iceland in Scotland

Hello all

I’ve just started working for Iceland doing store deliveries and being a new class 1 driver I was worried about finding the stores. I aired my concerns to my transport manager but he just laughed and told me not to worry.

He then reached under the desk and pulled out this:

:open_mouth:

Surely this isn’t the same Scanny77 on here that works for them as an agency driver?

Anyone know? :confused:

It might be Richie, i think he works for them up that way. Not 100% sure though.

:open_mouth: Does it give lengthy and unnecessary diversions for bridges you could clear ■■ :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Do the maps include diversions round any height limit less than 6" higher than what you have guessed your vehicle height to be?

Yeha pretty sure it is the same Scanny, heard him mention before in a post about making such a thing up directions to stores for iceland.

In another thread, Paul Hoggard:
In all the time I’ve been driving I’ve never once had a problem joining a motorway, be it empty or at 100+ tonnes with a low loader.

and then in this one, Paul Hoggard:
Hello all

I’ve just started working for Iceland doing store deliveries and being a new class 1 driver I was worried about finding the stores. I aired my concerns to my transport manager but he just laughed and told me not to worry.

Something not right there mate. :confused:

Or maybe you’ve just got it in for Scanny77… :bulb:

looking forward to the outcome o this one :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

that whisky i had last night must have been good is it april the 1st already :smiley: :smiley:

HAIRYGORILLA:
that whisky i had last night must have been good is it april the 1st already :smiley: :smiley:

Just what I was thinking. :laughing:

flying_fenman:

HAIRYGORILLA:

Maybe not. Check THIS THREAD where scanny77 talks about the folder.

scanny77:
thats why i yell.commed every iceland shop that is covered by the livingston depot. i have had a month solid with them so i created a folder of maps with the address and number of the shop.

the plot thickens :smiley:

wirralpete:
the plot thickens :smiley:

maybe not JUST the plot :wink:

Coffeeholic:

flying_fenman:

HAIRYGORILLA:

scanny77:
thats why i yell.commed every iceland shop that is covered by the livingston depot. i have had a month solid with them so i created a folder of maps with the address and number of the shop.

I don’t mean about the existance of the folder. :sunglasses:

Let’s just say that I think this thread will develop into something far greater - and I’ll leave it at that. :laughing:

For now. :wink:

flying_fenman:
Let’s just say that I think this thread will develop into something far greater - and I’ll leave it at that. :laughing:

Hopefully. :wink: :smiley:

Hope the book that Scanny has done helps you out “newbie”…good luck from “Scantheman”

Scan

flying_fenman:

dont look at me. i have far better things to do than get involved in childish digs with some halfwit. if you cant do it face to face, dont bother cos im not interested :unamused:

scanny77:

flying_fenman:

dont look at me. i have far better things to do than get involved in childish digs with some halfwit. if you cant do it face to face, dont bother cos im not interested :unamused:

No Richie - I’m not looking at you, mate. :sunglasses:

Just sit back and watch fella. :wink:

Coffeeholic:

flying_fenman:

HAIRYGORILLA:

scanny77:

im disappointed Neil. i thought you at least would have spotted the big clue in the picture that shows its fake. how many transport offices have you been in with laminate flooring? or has this ‘folder’ been taken home for studying?

nice try, not good enough though. it takes milliseconds to chuck a few words on a word program, print it, put it on a folder and take a picture :unamused:

flying_fenman:

In another thread, Paul Hoggard:
In all the time I’ve been driving I’ve never once had a problem joining a motorway, be it empty or at 100+ tonnes with a low loader.

and then in this one, Paul Hoggard:
Hello all

Something not right there mate. :confused:

Or maybe you’ve just got it in for Scanny77… :bulb:

Hmmm… no response formulated yet? :question: :question: :unamused:

scanny77:
im disappointed Neil. i thought you at least would have spotted the big clue in the picture that shows its fake. how many transport offices have you been in with laminate flooring?

I was in one on Friday and will be in it again several times in the coming weeks.