Working for Iceland in Scotland

the answer is 1 then?

one of their drivers is a member here so he can tell you what flooring iceland has assuming you wish this nonsense to continue :unamused:

cant see whats wrong if scannys done this folder , if it makes another drivers job a bit easier why not, doesnt anyone ever draw maps for drivers from there company whove never delivered there before :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

scanny77:
the answer is 1 then?

one of their drivers is a member here so he can tell you what flooring iceland has assuming you wish this nonsense to continue :unamused:

One small thing. Your powers of observation have let you down, I have it on good authority that isn’t a floor you can see in the picture. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

ady1:
cant see whats wrong if scannys done this folder , if it makes another drivers job a bit easier why not, doesnt anyone ever draw maps for drivers from there company whove never delivered there before :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

But 342 hand drawn maps? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: And if it is indeed the same guy, I’m reliably informed he only does the occasionaly shift for them through NAS Recruitment. Seems incredibly sad to me. Maybe the guy should consider getting a life… :unamused:

ady1:

I don’t think anyone has actually said there is anything wrong with it. The first post was enquiring if it was the same person we know from here.

isnt that a table top its sat on?

:open_mouth: Well in all fairness not many companies would let the author take credit for such work :wink:

Paul Hoggard:

ady1:

But 342 hand drawn maps? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: And if it is indeed the same guy, I’m reliably informed he only does the occasionaly shift for them through NAS Recruitment. Seems incredibly sad to me. Maybe the guy should consider getting a life… :unamused:

dont no how many ive done in the last six months but as i do a fair amount of multi drop it must be in the hundreds , a chap who had been driving years was on fri given a pig of a drop , but i done a map when i did it so he got it photocopied, he was happy as larry and hopefully it made his job and any one elses job who uses that and any other map ive drawn or any one else has drawn easier. if it helps someone by spending a few minutes with a pen and paper drawing a map for future reference why not .

Coffeeholic:

ady1:

I don’t think anyone has actually said there is anything wrong with it. The first post was enquiring if it was the same person we know from here.

but we all know where it was going to lead and that ripping the ■■■■ out of scanny , when if hes been prepared to put the time and effort into it , to me he deserves a pat on the back for trying to do something to help others

flying_fenman:

In another thread, Paul Hoggard:
In all the time I’ve been driving I’ve never once had a problem joining a motorway, be it empty or at 100+ tonnes with a low loader.

and then in this one, Paul Hoggard:
Hello all

I’ve just started working for Iceland doing store deliveries and being a new class 1 driver I was worried about finding the stores. I aired my concerns to my transport manager but he just laughed and told me not to worry.

:open_mouth:
:laughing:

Ady, I can see you’re back to your usual self … acting thick!!!

No one is slating Scanny for producing this folder. If you had any powers of observation, you would notice that EVERYONE bar you has already cottoned on to the fact that Mr Hoggard is TRYING to rip the ■■■■ outta Scanny but it ain’t worked.

Gawd, some people.

ady1:
, when if hes been prepared to put the time and effort into it , to me he deserves a pat on the back for trying to do something to help others

That is some thing we all agree on Ady.

Paul Hoggard:

ady1:

how reliable? would anyone care to check for themselves? i dont have a problem with that nasscotland.com/ give them a call and ask how ‘occasional’ these shifts are. they will tell you i have been in there around 6 months and i am currently the only driver that we supply them.
it will take a lot more than this to catch me out Paul.

i appreciate the support that others have given in this thread. i have printed off all the iceland shops on yell.com for my own use. their maps are mostly unreadable so it makes sense to find out for myself since im in there long term and of course i am happy to let another driver copy them and give them directions/instructions.
i have stopped on my way home from work to direct lost drivers
i have offered to help drivers at the side of the road who are broken down/problem with their loads.

everyone else is against us so camaraderie is all we have left. if we allow it to die out we may as well give up now

The company I work for has a drawer full of either hand drawn maps, or printoffs with annotation done by other drivers, not 342 but i’d imagine 100 or so maybe. Any driver there is happy to sketch out a map for me if i’m not sure of where a place is, and in return i’m happy to do the same for someone else. Not quite sure on this thread, what’s a wind up and what isn’t, but if it’s true then so what (just seems he’s done a good job), if not then what’s the point of this thread?

grumpybum:

flying_fenman:

In another thread, Paul Hoggard:
In all the time I’ve been driving I’ve never once had a problem joining a motorway, be it empty or at 100+ tonnes with a low loader.

and then in this one, Paul Hoggard:
Hello all

I’ve just started working for Iceland doing store deliveries and being a new class 1 driver I was worried about finding the stores. I aired my concerns to my transport manager but he just laughed and told me not to worry.

Something not right there mate. :confused:

Or maybe you’ve just got it in for Scanny77… :bulb:

Hmmm… no response formulated yet? :question: :question: :unamused:

So…an experienced driver or newbie?

Not been there in a while but every tesco unit used to carry a A4 binder with general directions and asmall map of the delivery point and obstrucions of ALL there stores , used it many a time very handy thing esp when your Ayg , and thrown in at the deep end , altho thats also why we have a voice! . if in doubt ASK !

Fallmonk:
Not been there in a while but every tesco unit used to carry a A4 binder with general directions and asmall map of the delivery point and obstrucions of ALL there stores , used it many a time very handy thing esp when your Ayg , and thrown in at the deep end , altho thats also why we have a voice! . if in doubt ASK !

A big difference betwen Tesco and Iceland is though… Tescos d have a yard and a delivery bay/dock or marked out area. Most Icelands are on the High street and delivery is usually as near to a back door as you can get through a car park and some manouvres to make Houdini look like a beginner. I think if Iceland where to do proper risk assesments, most of the time they couldn’t be adhered to. So they don’t do them.

Mike-C:

Fallmonk:

A big difference betwen Tesco and Iceland is though… Tescos d have a yard and a delivery bay/dock or marked out area. Most Icelands are on the High street and delivery is usually as near to a back door as you can get through a car park and some manouvres to make Houdini look like a beginner. I think if Iceland where to do proper risk assesments, most of the time they couldn’t be adhered to. So they don’t do them.

you delivered to billingham then Mike? thats one of the worst. quite a few others are in service yards (gateshead, ashington) where cars are parked. if you dont get in early, you dont get in. no where to turn round. can no one deal with car parking? :imp:

Working for Iceland in Scotland

I wonder… is there a company called Scotland in Iceland :question: :unamused: :laughing:

scanny77:

Mike-C:

Fallmonk:

you delivered to billingham then Mike? thats one of the worst. quite a few others are in service yards (gateshead, ashington) where cars are parked. if you dont get in early, you dont get in. no where to turn round. can no one deal with car parking? :imp:

Don’t think i done them ones but i have been over that way for them. I done a few shifts from the Deeside depot when it was running. Their transport setup and stores setup/location is just the same as KwickSave, Woolworths and a few others. Fine if you’ve been before and know what to expect but you can get in a lot of trouble with them too. First hand knowledge of what you are going to is to be prefered , of course they don’t do it, they just send you out to get on with it. :angry: