Iceland Warrington.

Anybody got up to date info on the wages there for full time XPO drivers?

Reason I ask is because for a few weeks four of our drivers (with their units) have been pimped out to this place for the week and apparently it’s my turn next. Apparently I have to travel up there bobtail on Monday do my drink and drugs testing :imp: and then pull their crappy trailers around.

To say I’m not happy is an understatement! If I wanted to do shop deliveries and ■■■■ about with cages I’d have got a job for Brakes/Bivest etc. The reason I ask about the wages is that I suspect that their hourly rate is higher than ours so therefore they are using us as “cheap” labour.

If this is the case then I intent to speak to my shop steward to ensure that we receive pay parity with the guys up there.

Hi maoster. When I left in march the drivers were on £11.78 an hour. They have since had a pay rise and are on slightly more than £12 I’ve been told by a union rep there. Oh and it won’t just be cages, it will be pallets some heavy (a ton) with a manual pump truck on a tail lift. Ain’t good mate that’s for sure. Ask eagerbeaver he will confirm.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Iceland is one of the worst supermarkets to deliver to. Never any yards usually street deliveries and the ones that do have yards are full of cars or just total nightmares.

truckertart1:
Hi maoster. When I left in march the drivers were on £11.78 an hour. They have since had a pay rise and are on slightly more than £12 I’ve been told by a union rep there. Oh and it won’t just be cages, it will be pallets some heavy (a ton) with a manual pump truck on a tail lift. Ain’t good mate that’s for sure. Ask eagerbeaver he will confirm.

Thanks buddy, appreciate that. Obviously that just blew my pay parity thoughts out of the water! I’d heard on the grapevine that they were on £16 p/h full time with agency lads on £18+. That’ll teach me not to listen to driver bollox. :smiley:

Glad to be of help maoster. If you want a heads up on any of the stores just ask cause there are some shockers. Good luck !!

Time to “injure” yourself chap :wink:

Elf n safety won’t let you out to stores but trunking… :wink:

billybigrig:
Time to “injure” yourself chap :wink:

Elf n safety won’t let you out to stores but trunking… :wink:

Good thinking mate. Don’t have an issue with trunking but shops is certainly not what I signed up for.

Double post

1FLEETRENEGADE:
Lots of changes afoot at Warrington all for the better , revamp of delivery procedure routes times etc etc trucker tart is right slightly over £12 an hour basic although with shift pay etc my hourly average is more in your ball park maoster easy job good delivery instructions and help is there if needed.
Some can hack it some can’t.
Trunks are also ok nothing too strenuous :sunglasses:

I take it that you are currently working there mate? Have you noticed much difference from being DHL to XPO then?

I guess xpo will be doing plenty of this sort of thing, if they’re chucking away unprofitable work. No good paying blokes to sit around at one site and use agency on another.

Presumably you’ll be based at the depot there for the week, can’t imagine thats going to be a quiet night, unless they let you bugger off in the tractor after the shift to find somewhere proper to park.

B&B provided? if not i reckon that’s worth pursuing through the union even if you end up having the normal night out pay taxed.

I used to enjoy Kwik Save immensily, similar sized stores and usually very close to Iceland stores, keep an open mind you might actually find it a pleasant change.

£12.04 per hour Maoster. Hayden and Iain are the driver trainers there.

If you ask them nicely, they might give you some tips on how to stop bullying and crashing into old folk :wink:

eagerbeaver:
If you ask them nicely, they might give you some tips on how to stop bullying and crashing into old folk :wink:

I’m cut to the quick! I have feelings to you know. :smiley:

Taking “my” unit up there Juddian and tbh where I park on a night has sweet fa to do with them! Warrington ain’t a bad night, neither is Eccles or Irlam or a few other places. Company car, two seater with a sunroof and nobody will say a word about where it’s parked tbh.

Set up camp behind my works on Winwick Road , quiet, near a pub and tesco and fast food also cctv. :wink: