words

ok this is a drivers forum, male /female we all are drivers.
so
we have achieved the basic’s

1. old enough to drive a truck
    2)old enough to have internet
  2. old enough to die

so why on this forum arn’t we old enough to express an opinion and (God Forbid) allowed to swear/curse/use profanities.
as long as it aint using offensive words/etc can we as adults say what we want to express.
sometimes f word c word b word just says it all.
and no sorry but “it may offend someone in a distant galaxay” does not wash.
MOST of us are truck drivers and thats our language so why ban it on here .is it not a “truck drivers” forum
lets not all be politicaly correct LETS JUST BE DRIVERS
and not be “trained by a publishing agent” all they want is profit all we want is a wider voice

if i want to use a swear word then i am old enough to choose and if some one is offended sorry but dont come on here

gezt:
so

2. old enough to die

so why on this forum arn’t we old enough to express an opinion and (God Forbid) allowed to swear/curse/use profanities.
as long as it aint using offensive words/etc can we as adults say what we want to express.
MOST of us are truck drivers and thats our language so why ban it on here .is it not a “truck drivers” forum
and not be “trained by a publishing agent” all they want is profit all we want is a wider voice

if i want to use a swear word then i am old enough to choose and if some one is offended sorry but dont come on here

Now this is my own personal view… :wink:

You’re talking crap !! I swear like a trooper in my everyday conversation and automatically without any rules or restrictions i know when not to swear. One minute you’re saying people whinging about a satnav should shut up and next minute you’re saying we should be able to say what we like. Make your ■■■■■■■ mind up !!!
Read a dictionary and you’ll soon be able to express how you feel in a far more eloquent way !!!

gezt:
so

2. old enough to die

Hi gezt, I’m only speaking for myself here…

I agree with about 99% of what you’ve said, BUT…

I insist that I am also old enough to choose whether to swear or not, but my choice is that I don’t wish to.
I don’t wish to even see swearing by others, so again, that’s my choice.

There are a number of other forums whose rules are more lax than this site, indeed there are forums where there don’t seem to be any rules. If this site were to allow swearing, there would be nothing to set it apart from any other and that would deprive me of my choice.

Everybody including truck drivers has the right to choose, so if anybody including truck drivers wishes to swear, they could always frequent sites that allow it.

The views I have expressed are my own, but not necessarily those of the site owners, and that’s because I wasn’t trained by the site’s owners. :smiley:

Let’s try the reverse argument…
Suppose I went on a site that allows swearing and placed something in their feedback section asking why swearing is allowed and then used the argument that you presented above.
Would I be attempting to deprive those folks of their choice and trying to force my opinions on them?
What kind of answers do you think I’d get?

:bulb: Why don’t we agree to differ and leave everybody with their free choice?

I’ve just noticed that two people have expressed different opinions in a perfectly reasonable way, which goes to prove my point that swearing wouldn’t have added anything to the discussion. I still can’t see a need for it TBH mate. :smiley:

I wholeheartedly aree with the swear filter, another forum i use (clue in my username) has just requested users to stop swearing (not sure there is a filter is in place though) all it does is bring everyone (including the forum) down to the lowest level. IMO that forum is now a better place because of this.

Would you openly swear in the street in front of other people kids? (i would hope not), do you know who is reading all the threads on here? no you don’t, there may well be young kids on here either registered users or just have an interest in trucks so look over their dad’s/mom’s shoulder whilst they are on.

BUT the biggest reason is THERE IS NO NEED FOR IT ON HERE!

Where would you draw the line? ■■■■? well why not? most truckers have looked at it at some point so why not on here? … get my point?

If this was a private forum you may be able to make a case for saying that anything should be OK, but it’s not a private forum and can be viewed by people of any age.

The filter seems just about right to me.

Mike-C:

gezt:
so

2. old enough to die

Now this is my own personal view… :wink:

You’re talking crap !! I swear like a trooper in my everyday conversation and automatically without any rules or restrictions i know when not to swear. One minute you’re saying people whinging about a satnav should shut up and next minute you’re saying we should be able to say what we like. Make your [zb] mind up !!!
Read a dictionary and you’ll soon be able to express how you feel in a far more eloquent way !!!

so its ok for alot of posts to turn into a slanging match or for the original poster to be lampooned by other drivers even to the extreme point of personal verbal attacks etc but you cant say certain words cos they may cause offence. seems the using of certain words are a bit pc here. :unamused:
and yes Mike-c i do have a good vocabulary and can even read and write. just finished my first janet and john book today,its only taken me 56 years. :wink:

gezt:
so its ok for alot of posts to turn into a slanging match or for the original poster to be lampooned by other drivers even to the extreme point of personal verbal attacks etc

Is it :question: :open_mouth:

I know it’s ok to attack the post but attacking the person who posted it is a no no as far as I know…

There are exceptions though, like when coffeeholic or dieseldave call me names… but I regard that as non-malicious because I know they like me really :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue:

There are times where one member has called another one a numpty (or similar) but the context in which it has been said is not intended or taken as malicious so that seems to be allowed :smiley:

I reckon the site has the overall balance about right

PS - it’s not always easy to express the ‘intent’ when writing - emoticons help but that lack of face to face contact can make some things appear different to what is actually meant

Re: This Forum is Divided
by Wheel Nut » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:23 am

When I mentioned about the forum being divided, it is full of idiots who believe the police will prosecute them driving up the A75, A90, A9 (at the National Speed Limit.

The court case would be so much fun. ring the papers, ring the radio stations, just don’t talk ■■■■■■■■ on an internet forum!
An apple a day keeps the doctor away, but round these parts I find a bacon sandwich or a leg of pork helps

It is Have Not Of! or Of not Off!

Wheel Nut

) quoted from another thread

isnt there a swearword in this post or is ■■■■■■■■ an ordinary word now.
in one context it is but in this context used here it is a recognised swearword

gezt:
Re: This Forum is Divided
by Wheel Nut » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:23 am

When I mentioned about the forum being divided, it is full of idiots who believe the police will prosecute them driving up the A75, A90, A9 (at the National Speed Limit.

The court case would be so much fun. ring the papers, ring the radio stations, just don’t talk ■■■■■■■■ on an internet forum!
An apple a day keeps the doctor away, but round these parts I find a bacon sandwich or a leg of pork helps

It is Have Not Of! or Of not Off!

Wheel Nut

) quoted from another thread

isnt there a swearword in this post or is ■■■■■■■■ an ordinary word now.
in one context it is b ut in this context used here it is a recognised swearword

It’s not as restricted as you think. For instance, you are free to talk ■■■■■■■■, you can talk out your arse if you wish and you can even take the ■■■■ should you desire. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

gezt:
so

2. old enough to die

All though your argument is a good one, unfortunatly it fails at the first hurdle (highlighted in blue)

Straight off the top of my head I can name 2 members who are not ald enough to drive a truck (there may be others)

Semtex:

gezt:
so

2. old enough to die

All though your argument is a good one, unfortunatly it fails at the first hurdle (highlighted in blue)

Straight off the top of my head I can name 2 members who are not ald enough to drive a truck (there may be others)

good point as you rightly point out,

maybe as a solution there could be an adult room where by you have to be over a certain age to be able to access it. im def not advocating it should be used for anything illegal like ■■■■ or stuff but just for general stuff as in jokes (which sometimes fall flat without the relevant word) and other stuff whereby the author of a topic could choose to use such words as an alternative way of expressing their mind(yes i know the old argument about not needing those words) sometimes it does help in letting of steam and/or expressing something when you are really stuck for the “right” words etc.
as was said i may be talking crap but im sure others feel stifled at times and the zb thing is a bit silly.
just my opinion is all :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

gezt:
It’s not as restricted as you think. For instance, you are free to talk ■■■■■■■■, you can talk out your arse if you wish and you can even take the ■■■■ should you desire. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

But the [zb] is the best read on here! :confused:

why do you feel the need to swear , after all we all tel out kids it’s not big & it’s not clever !at worl i can ef & jef as good as the next man , but i’m home on my PC & it’s a completly different environment coupled to the fact it would take longer to type my reply , but if swearing all you are worried about , lets al txt tlk s wll shl we ? l8tr dude

If the chatroom is unregulated then that might be an option for pouring out a few naughty words :bulb: :laughing:

but why would you want to add extra words into a post :question: :question: as most of the time that what it would be

sorry but i dont really want to be readin all that swearin

Coffeeholic:

im wee weeing myself laughing(in the intrests of the thread).
i think the filter is spot on,myself,and,as its a public forum,anyone can view,including kids.i dont see why they have to view f ing and b ing throughout posts.