The Swearing Filter

Personally as a Trucker and ex military i have no problems with bad language, it seems all of my work friends and everyone i come into contact with on a daily basis Swears.

But yet i log into Trucknet forums and there is a no swear rule, its as if this is a family site rather than a working mans site, so please vote and have your say.

you cant ■■■■■■■ swear properly anyway , its all ■■■■ it thats the rule :laughing:

I havent voted because there isnt an option for keeping things as they are.

Although as you say this is predominantly a working mens site, there are I beleive some truckers wifes and kids that occasionaly post and probably log on more frequently.

If we allow all swearing we would possibly be alienating certain sectors of society. I for one think the balance is about right, why would we need more profanities ?

d4c24a:
you cant [zb] swear properly anyway , its all [zb] it thats the rule :laughing:

the rules need to be changed, theres alot of expression being lost because of this filter

toowise:
I havent voted because there isnt an option for keeping things as they are.

Although as you say this is predominantly a working mens site, there are I beleive some truckers wifes and kids that occasionaly post and probably log on more frequently.

If we allow all swearing we would possibly be alienating certain sectors of society. I for one think the balance is about right, why would we need more profanities ?

changed the poll just for you mate :smiley:

rockape2620:
changed the poll just for you mate :smiley:

Cheers vote duly cast :smiley:

rockape2620:

d4c24a:
you cant [zb] swear properly anyway , its all [zb] it thats the rule :laughing:

the rules need to be changed, theres alot of expression being lost because of this filter

I disagree, you can get the [zb]ing idea of what some [zb] is posting if you just type in the [zb]ing word you want and let the [zb]ard autosensor do its thing, unless you’re a complete [zb]er and then you’re in the [zb] :wink:

You can also use ■■■, arse, ■■■■ and ■■■■■■■■ with impunity :wink:

My vote, leave the ■■■■ exactly as it is :open_mouth:

with some of the postings on here even the f word would be mispelt. :slight_smile:

del949:
with some of the postings on here even the f word would be mispelt. :slight_smile:

Oh stop being a [zb] :laughing:

del949:

Hmm I wonder about why p1 key was added to the filter, not really offensive and describes the type exactly :slight_smile:

Im 16 and wether you think good or bad of me (i dont care) i swear all the time with mates and when ive hurt myself or messed up (who doesnt) but i can control myself when i need to, but i dont see a problem with swearing, everyone will do it at some point in there life and its inevitable that you will come across it so just accept it!

It always made me laugh how ‘■■■■’ and ‘■■■■■■■■’ got through the filter, whilst mis-spellings of [vulgar ■■■■■■■■■■■] and [woman’s front bottom] got censored fine.

Is the software German by the way, with each detected swear word being offered a “global exchange”, but left blank with the “Zum Beispiel” default setting?

Zb amounts to Eg. in English for those unfamiliar with the language of Sausages! :grimacing:

In any case, I’m sure we don’t need our pretty little eyes protecting from the [woman’s front bottom]ish words of the few [vulgar ■■■■■■■■■■■]ers that see profanity as a legitimate part of the Anglo Saxon Language! :smiley:

■■■■■■■ stupid tread :laughing:

Winseer:
It always made me laugh how ‘■■■■’ and ‘■■■■■■■■’ got through the filter, whilst mis-spellings of [vulgar ■■■■■■■■■■■] and [woman’s front bottom] got censored fine.

Is the software German by the way, with each detected swear word being offered a “global exchange”, but left blank with the “Zum Beispiel” default setting?

Zb amounts to Eg. in English for those unfamiliar with the language of Sausages! :grimacing:

In any case, I’m sure we don’t need our pretty little eyes protecting from the [woman’s front bottom]ish words of the few [vulgar ■■■■■■■■■■■]ers that see profanity as a legitimate part of the Anglo Saxon Language! :smiley:

The use of [zb] on here goes back to one of the origianl moderators, zzarbean (sp) he used to leave his initials behind to say that he had censored a post, so [zb] has stayed as a [zb]ing tribute :wink:

A heavily censored forum that houses pretty much all of the UK truckers that are internet savvy is just stupid … let us speak our minds as we see fit … am i the only one that thinks truckers being censored on the UK’s main truckers forums a bit daft ?

You hear swear words on Radio 4 quite often…But then R4 is representative of real life, this forum is not.

rockape2620:
A heavily censored forum that houses pretty much all of the UK truckers that are internet savvy is just stupid … let us speak our minds as we see fit … am i the only one that thinks truckers being censored on the UK’s main truckers forums a bit daft ?

The thing is, it doesn’t matter what you think, it won’t change anything, the rules are the rules and this place is not a democracy :open_mouth:

Now before anybody gets the wrong idea, that is not a bad thing, if this site was unmoderated it would descend into chaos within a few hours. I swear like a trooper, but I can live without it if I need to, on here I do without swearing, the same as I do in public, because this is a public forum, it is the same as being in a crowd of people you do not know, in those circumstances anyone with common courtesy will not be swearing, so why would you want to do it on here :question:

Oh and if you don’t like it…■■■■ off :laughing: :laughing:

Can’t beat a good swear up now and again. Onne of me favourite comedy sketches is by thhose two genius lavatory attendants Derek and Clive simply entitled you ■■■■■ That’s the nasty word for the lady garden.

newmercman:
The thing is, it doesn’t matter what you think, it won’t change anything, the rules are the rules and this place is not a democracy :open_mouth:

Now before anybody gets the wrong idea, that is not a bad thing, if this site was unmoderated it would descend into chaos within a few hours. I swear like a trooper, but I can live without it if I need to, on here I do without swearing, the same as I do in public, because this is a public forum, it is the same as being in a crowd of people you do not know, in those circumstances anyone with common courtesy will not be swearing, so why would you want to do it on here :question:

Oh and if you don’t like it…[zb] off :laughing: :laughing:

Agree. I voted keep it as it is. If the swearing was unmoderated some posters every other word would be F. It becomes very tiresome and quite meaningless.
Guess some folk just feel incapabable of expressing themselves without swearing.

Very recently I sold a car derived diesel van on Ebay for spares or repair. It was out of test and had a fuelling and/or electrical problem - wouldn’t start.
A lad bought it for a price I was happy with. Came over in a Transit with a trailer to collect it. Got the spanners out of the considerable tool kit in the Transit & messed about cracking injector pipes off etc. to see if he could get it going. Also used a set of jump leads that would have started a space rocket.
Couldn’t get it going so we gave him a shove to load it on the trailer & helped him strap it down - although he did most himself.

That lad had no right arm. Lost it in a machine accident 7 years ago.

The point of this post in this thread? That lad, in doing all the above, with one hand/arm, never swore once.