The Swearing Filter

I’ve no problem with swearing in the right circumstances but I don’t happen to think an open forum is the right place to have a free for all.

I voted “Keep Trucknet as it is” though what I really mean is “Keep TrucknetUK as it is”.

People have no need to swear at all, it’s a sign of ■■■■■■ ignorance as a more descriptive word could be used instead, intelligence rules so ■■■■ off and leave it as it is

Raymundo i agree with you,if you cannot express yourself without profanities then you are ■■■■■■■ thick.

I like things just the way they are.
I dont swear much myself and I think
it would spoil my enjoyment of the site
if things change.

I know Im a fad sucker. :smiley:

El Griffo:
Raymundo i agree with you,if you cannot express yourself without profanities then you are [zb] thick.

^This^
Lorry drivers have the image as scum of the earth so theres no need to enhance this image even further!

Dont think the words need to be posted in all there glory but dont have a problem with swearing. As for swearing being an indication of intelligence, tosh!

newmercman:

del949:
with some of the postings on here even the f word would be mispelt. :slight_smile:

Oh stop being a [zb] :laughing:

Are you sure you don’t mean a tnuk? :unamused:

tachograph:
I’ve no problem with swearing in the right circumstances but I don’t happen to think an open forum is the right place to have a free for all.

This ^^^

Leave it as it is…

I am for leaving it as it is, especially that swearing by using zb has some atmoshpere and everyone knows what we mean anyway :slight_smile:

But the mods are sometimes overreacting. Like they removed my pic one day when I posted the pic of the sign at the entrance to one Austrian village. For zb sick, it was an German name, it’s not my fault that it sounds like that in English :wink: I would agree to remove it if someone would be constantly posting that picture to dodge the censor but in that case it was relevant to the discussion.

Also I noticed that there are many words on the list that are supposed to be offensive to Poles. I am Polish and I don’t find them offensive, yet we can’t use them…

A poza tym do kurwy nędzy, uczcie się pierdolonych języków chuje, to sobie będziecie mogli dopierdalać jebanych przekleństw ile Wam się, Wasza jebana mać, podoba :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

(translation: for zb sake, learn some zb languages you zbs, so you can zb zb as much swearwords, as you zb zb like :stuck_out_tongue:)

orys:
I am for leaving it as it is, especially that swearing by using zb has some atmoshpere and everyone knows what we mean anyway :slight_smile:

Hi orys,

That’s a very fair point, and I’ve even seen it as a bumper sticker.

orys:
But the mods are sometimes overreacting.

You’re entitled to that opinion, but the website owners have the final say.
The results of the poll so far seem to bear out that we’re doing this ‘about’ right. :wink:

orys:
A poza tym do kurwy nędzy, uczcie się pierdolonych języków chuje, to sobie będziecie mogli dopierdalać jebanych przekleństw ile Wam się, Wasza jebana mać, podoba :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

(translation: for zb sake, learn some zb languages you zbs, so you can zb zb as much swearwords, as you zb zb like :stuck_out_tongue:)

Now if I were overreacting, I’d have to remove what you’ve written in Polish…
I trust your translation though. :wink:

To be fair though orys, the rules do say that this is an English language website.

This also answers your question about the picture of the roadsign.
The word on that sign is offensive in English and would have been caught by the auto censor.

I have it on good authority that that word will never be acceptable on TNUK. :wink:

dieseldave:
The word on that sign is offensive in English and would have been caught by the auto censor.

I have it on good authority that that word will never be acceptable on TNUK. :wink:

I know that, but it’s just a homonym, in German it means nothing wrong. And you can’t expect, especially on Euro forum, that we will translate geographic names to English even if it’s English language forum, do you? :slight_smile:

dont fix whats not broken, lets be honest id rather just say [zb] than what im really meaning.

gogzy:
dont fix whats not broken, lets be honest id rather just say [zb] than what im really meaning.

Yeah, I voted for “leave it as it is” as well, my comments are rather on some minor issues.

orys:

dieseldave:

I know that, but it’s just a homonym, in German it means nothing wrong. And you can’t expect, especially on Euro forum, that we will translate geographic names to English even if it’s English language forum, do you? :slight_smile:

Of course not orys.

It’s the name of a place, that just happens to be a word that the auto censor ‘catches’ if somebody types it.
The same rules apply to words contained/shown in pictures, so it had to go.

dieseldave:

Of course not orys.

It’s the name of a place, that just happens to be a word that the auto censor ‘catches’ if somebody types it.
The same rules apply to words contained/shown in pictures, so it had to go.

That brings us to the basic discussion: is the law for people, or the people are for law?

There should be some flexibility allowed at the discretion of moderators…

I guess if you were a policeman, you would issue me a ticket for crossing the empty street at the red light at 3am in the morning? I am rather for that way of thinking that if something is not harminig anyone or has some purpose in it, it should be allowed even if it’s not up to the letter of the law…

■■■■■ ← this is experiment and I just found it still works. Which brings us to the other point I raised

I wrote here “A Pole” in Polish and it got censored. Yet I can write ■■■■■, ■■■■, ■■■■, ■■■■■, jebać, ■■■■■■■■■■ and skurwysyÅ„stwko no problem.

I think your policy of cenzoring words in Polish language should be revised, as you censor something that is completely non-offensive yet you leave all the real swearwords in.

EDIT: LOL, I see you learned and you already included some of the swearwords :slight_smile: I recon you are at the start of the long journey as Slavic languages are famous for their creativity when the swear words are considered. Yet still I insist that the world P_o_l_a_k is in no way offensive (at least not to Polish person) and actually if you think that calling someone with the name of my nation can be offensive this is when I feel bad…

Theres a big difference between chatting to your mates in the yard and swearing, once the word is uttered it is gone , and publishing - what you say on here is published and stays around for anyone to see.

Many folks using this website, spend time on here with their kids/grandkids.
Its not difficult to get a point across without swearing but for those who struggle the swear filter is there to help out :wink:

Some words in the filter are not in themselves offensive to some individuals but are to others, and when they are used in a certain derogatory context time and time again we dont have time to check what context it is being used in so to make the teams life easier it gets popped into the censor.

Rikki-UK:
Some words in the filter are not in themselves offensive to so,e individuals but are to others, and when they are used in a certain derogatory context time and time again we dont have time to check what context it is being used in so to make the teams life easier it gets popped into the censor.

I’ll put it in other words: it’s offensive for me that someone thinks that calling someone Polish is offensive. Are you going to cenzor word Jew as well? For some people calling other Jews is offensive…

I used to think that Russki was not the thing to say to a Russian,until one pointed at himself,and very proudly declared himself to be one.Some Irishmen really don’t mind being addressed as ‘Paddy’ while others actively dislike it.I have no objection to being referred to as Taff,even though it’s a river in South Wales.Difficult topic to call really.One man’s meat…etc.Oh,with reference to Orys and his ‘P’ word for Polish.I blame American TV shows,because it’s usually preceded by ‘stupid’,therefore perceived to be an insulting term by those who know no better.

Orys.

I’m sure you could pick an argument in an empty room! :smiley:

Isn’t this getting off topic - yet again? :unamused:

There is plenty of terminology - English, Polish or any language that you can think of… - that can be used in an offensive way but isn’t necessarily swearing. They are not the same thing! :unamused: :unamused:

Piston broke:
There is plenty of terminology - English, Polish or any language that you can think of… - that can be used in an offensive way but isn’t necessarily swearing. They are not the same thing! :unamused: :unamused:

Like your username :question: :sunglasses: I voted to allow swearing, but don’t have a real problem with the ■■■■■■■ over-sensitive ■■■■ of a ■■■■■■■■ auto ■■■■■■■■ censor :smiley: