The Swearing Filter

Piston broke:
Orys.

I’m sure you could pick an argument in an empty room! :smiley:

I tried to discuss that issue before, but it seems that our mods think that they know more about Polish language and about what’s offensive to a Polish person than I do…

There is plenty of terminology - English, Polish or any language that you can think of… - that can be used in an offensive way but isn’t necessarily swearing. They are not the same thing! :unamused: :unamused:

Exactly. So I think the autocensor should leave such world alone. What if I call you a pig? Should we censor pig? Then all livestock hauliers are in troubles when they want to discuss their loads. What if I call you a donkey? That’s all discussions about Farfarawaystan haulage are done… Some Scottish friends of mine (not to mention some guys from Belfast I know) find the word British offensive… Should we zb that world as well?

Sir +:
Oh,with reference to Orys and his ‘P’ word for Polish.I blame American TV shows,because it’s usually preceded by ‘stupid’,therefore perceived to be an insulting term by those who know no better.

Yeah, and by keeping this word on the list we don’t do any help but validating that this perception is right…

I voted for staying the same as I dont really want to see all the swear words written down no need for it tbh why as all it is doing is adding extra typing for no real reason

If you really want there are other forums that are not moderated go there simple

Maybe just me but being a female there are some words I do take offence to so if allowed I would leave

Yes Sarge, exactly like my username :smiley:

I’m sure, though, that if anyone finds it offensive then the mods would aske me to change it - just like anyone else’s too…

Orys

I actually find the way you constantly derail threads with your long winded replies, usually off-topic, offensive. It doesn’t mean that you are rude or that there is any swearing. It also doesn’t mean that I find YOU personally offensive. You are clearly educated and always polite - I do admire the way that you fight your corner but I do get fed up when I see some threads branch off at a tangent and get away from the pertinent point.

Perhaps you ought to start an ‘Offensive or not…’ thread… :smiley: :smiley:

You can call me a pig if you like. Whether I find it offensive or not (I don’t…) doesn’t matter, for the purposes of this thread.

You haven’t sworn at me (I don’t care if you do, either… :smiley: ), THAT’S what this thread is about!

Sticks and stones etc…

:smiley: :smiley: :wink:

Well, I thought that the topic titled “the swearing filter” is a good place to discuss a swearing filter. Sorry for derailing it. I am gonna to move my discussion to the topic about Eddie Stobbart or Trans Am, do you think they will be better place for it? :>

Well the numbers speak for themselves, TNUK remains the home of carebear truckers.

Even though i started the thread i do agree with one comment, we can swear all day with our mates and its forgotten as soon as its spoken, when its typed here on the forums its kind of set in stone.

Stay safe out there fellow truckers

Me love you long time

Rockape

Well it dosnt bother me either way , but just to add i now read zb as a swear word , and interpret the zb any way that sounds readable in the sentence it is used ,
some people i know use the f word in every other sentence and it means nothing in the end , but if I were to use it , i would receive a raised eyebrow as dont use it too often !

dont change it is what im saying , we all know what is being said , the point gets across !!!

jx

Surprised a discussion about moderation has been allowed to stay. It certainly wouldn’t be at other, stricter (non related) forums.

■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ that’s what I think :smiley: :smiley:

Treating us like ■■■■■■■ kids with a swear filter :grimacing:

I’m off to clean the ■■■■■■■ car :grimacing:

P.S. You’re all smelly ■■■■■!

:grimacing:

da ■■■■?