Worcetershire / west midlands

Does anyone know of any decent paid HGV 1 jobs in the worcester / w mids area, preferebly with no nights out, day or nights.
I currently work for Robert Wiseman Dairies if anyone would like some info ■■
someone said that Transmec in Redditch were ok, if anyone has any info i would be grateful
Cheers :smiley:

isnt there a halfords rdc in redditch?, sure someone on here has posted information about them on here, might be worth typig in halfords and doing a search.

Don’t Geopost (aka Parceline/Interlink) have a perma-ad for drivers? It’s Smethwick so a bit of a run to work but a decent firm to work for on Class 1.

wirralpete:
isnt there a halfords rdc in redditch?, sure someone on here has posted information about them on here, might be worth typig in halfords and doing a search.

thinks its tony b

Tonyb does drive for them and he posted a bit of info on THIS THREAD

To the best of my knowledge Halfords are not taking on drivers at Redditch.
I have been there on nights for over 12 months and not a sniff of a perm job.
They do have a lot of agency on days and nights though.

You could try Acumen in Redditch. They haul for Johnsons Automotive. Steady work set delivery destinations no nights out. Night drivers work monday to thursday Days monday to Friday. Hardly any weekend work but what they have is on a rota 1 in 6 I think. Pay is pretty good. Start times from 5am finish around 3 pm - 5pm depending on start time.
Only draw back is it can be a bit boring ie 3 trips to Telford or Halesowen. But they do rotate drivers through the different runs.

whats wrong with r.w.d,they wasn’t that bad when i drove for the wolves depot.

Wiseman’s are advertising for drivers in the local rag. Wonder why? :slight_smile:

You’ve got Langdon’s at Redditch, but I’ve heard that that could turn out to be multi-drop in an artic.

Corby Chilled at Alcester are recruiting but are using Wessex as a recruitment provider.

Bannister’s, Evesham, were advertising a couple of weeks ago.

If you want to try some local firms through an agency, go and see Helen at Beaver Bureau in Droitwich. Their customers include Corby Chilled, Halfords-Redditch, Samworths (working out of Droitwich), Blue Arrow, and Acheson Topeka(sp?) out of Worcester, and probably many others that I’m not aware of.

If you do finish up with Helen, let me know because she is currently offering a ‘recruitment bounty’ and I wouldn’t like to miss out on it. :wink:

Coffeeholic:
Tonyb does drive for them and he posted a bit of info on THIS THREAD

I used to.
I left 4 weeks ago.Great job,great money.But it was to far for me to travel.
I doubt if they will take drivers on.Its cheaper to employ agency that to pay what i was earning.

I’m now working a bit more local.Taylors of martley at shobdon on the kingspan contract.Doing night shunting.
Major pay cut,but alot more time with the family.

As said above.They are always after agency drivers.But there is a sole agency in there.So if your not prepared to change agency,you will not get in there.

Tony b

paulant:
Does anyone know of any decent paid HGV 1 jobs in the worcester / w mids area, preferebly with no nights out, day or nights.
I currently work for Robert Wiseman Dairies if anyone would like some info ■■
someone said that Transmec in Redditch were ok, if anyone has any info i would be grateful
Cheers :smiley:

Well Robert Wiseman dairies have just put their recent success down to the recent influx of availablility of eager Eastern European labour, They don’t do nights out, they only do days or nights. What went wrong for you? The Poles seem to be loving it?

i work at langdons there no vacancies at moment

Well Robert Wiseman dairies have just put their recent success down to the recent influx of availablility of eager Eastern European labour, They don’t do nights out, they only do days or nights. What went wrong for you? The Poles seem to be loving it?
[/quote]

I’ve done some work for RWD. Class 1 is okay, usually 5 or 6 drops to large stores. Class 2 is appalling, 20 drops a minimum to some of the most inaccessible places you could think of. There’s no POA at all, they just don’t do it.

The part that really cheesed me off was the blatant favouritism eg 3 drops and 4 hours kip every day for the blue-eyed boys whilst others were running round like scalded cats and then being quizzed why they hadn’t done it in 10 hours.

Not a nice company to work for in my opinion.