woolworths

I am currently on woolly’s contract and looks like i could be out of work after christmas.they say they will look at redeploying drivers to other contracts.rumour has it at a 50 mile radius of the rochdale site…

good luck mate. I hope something turns up for you.

good luck i hope they do, but be prepared for the worst and look about for something else.

sky news wed 17 december

all stores to be gone by jan 5

I do feel sorry for the woolies drivers when you seen them on the road, knowing that their last delivery may well be sadly be very soon. :cry: :cry:

Any Swindon drivers on here ? What’s the score there then ?

in this climate are Wincantons going to have any jobs where they need drivers
i doubt it
no one appears to be flat out til xmas

How dare they get into so much debt, what buying all those clothes :laughing: :laughing:

I wonder if woolies will have to live in a lorry :sunglasses:

same as mfi, i pm’d peirre about the jobs at mfi and the big new warehouse at thorne but nobody knows.

if everyone pays for the pick & mix they nicked over the years
it should pay of woolies dedt :open_mouth:

TREVOR BISHOP:
if everyone pays for the pick & mix they nicked over the years
it should pay of woolies dedt :open_mouth:

i always thought that was the try before you buy section :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

good luck hope hope you dont get layed off!
:laughing:

seen a woolies trailer ast the back of a manchester store this pm being pulled by another company RIP rochdale depot

swindon drivers are out on 29 december.Same as us at Rochdale.Talking to swindon driver in the transport office just yesterday,it’s worst for those guys though because when it comes down to redeployment theres not a lot going on,if anything,in swindon area…regarding wincanton that is.

red eye:
swindon drivers are out on 29 december.Same as us at Rochdale.Talking to swindon driver in the transport office just yesterday,it’s worst for those guys though because when it comes down to redeployment theres not a lot going on,if anything,in swindon area…regarding wincanton that is.

what about if they ask you to travel some distance to go tramping and do nights out would you be prepared cos work is work at the moment. if they have promised redeployment you have to be prepared for whatever comes up. :confused:

I was told that DHL run that Transport out of Kempston Woolworths, Can anyone confirm that??

Reason i ask is this…

Someone told me all Woolies drivers at Kempston are being offered altrnative employment at DHL Cadbury’s contract in Milton Keynes after Xmas. A mate of mine is on for Cadbury’s and was trying to get me a job there, but they have now put a freeze on all recruitment until they know how many drivers are coming over

BuzzardBoy:
. A mate of mine is on for Cadbury’s and was trying to get me a job there, but they have now put a freeze on all recruitment until they know how many drivers are coming over

fed up with the swiss job :question: :question: :question:

it would be fatal for me to work at cadburys… although i seem to be allergic to cadburys cos when i eat to much of it it makes me sick :confused: :blush: :laughing:

jessicas dad:

BuzzardBoy:
. A mate of mine is on for Cadbury’s and was trying to get me a job there, but they have now put a freeze on all recruitment until they know how many drivers are coming over

fed up with the swiss job :question: :question: :question:

it would be fatal for me to work at cadburys… although i seem to be allergic to cadburys cos when i eat to much of it it makes me sick :confused: :blush: :laughing:

We’re crossing over each other here…

I’ll send you a PM

On ceefax, MFI warehouse at Thorn to close in February with loss off 350 jobs, no one has offered to take it on according to the administrators.

BuzzardBoy:
I was told that DHL run that Transport out of Kempston Woolworths, Can anyone confirm that??

Reason i ask is this…

Someone told me all Woolies drivers at Kempston are being offered altrnative employment at DHL Cadbury’s contract in Milton Keynes after Xmas. A mate of mine is on for Cadbury’s and was trying to get me a job there, but they have now put a freeze on all recruitment until they know how many drivers are coming over

DHL run the warehouse at Bedford and Wincanton run the transport. Wincanton are redeploying drivers to the place next to Cadburys in MK, company called Jenks os summat like that.