woolworths

Blunder Man:
On ceefax, MFI warehouse at Thorn to close in February with loss off 350 jobs, no one has offered to take it on according to the administrators.

thanks for that bob. :wink:

Blunder Man:
On ceefax, MFI warehouse at Thorn to close in February with loss off 350 jobs, no one has offered to take it on according to the administrators.

My gut feeling is that DHL will close & mothball the thorne site.
Since its such a prime location for any customer, they can gear it up for a new customers requirements in the closed period. Rather than doing it within the transition & winding down period from the MFI contract, saving on staff costs etc.
As jessicas dad asked, I havent been in there for ages, as its a 23 mile each way trip down the M18 there from up near the stockyard where I live, so its easier and for me to work the DHL bawtry/harworth sites on agy, which Ive been doing on/off for 2yrs+

Ive been working at Woolworths Rochdale for the past couple of weeks as an outside contractor with my own unit although today was my last day (or so im told) You may have seen me in an ex Supreme salt ERF EC11.

Great job, really enjoyed it, nice people and good work. Great shame the place is closing down. Work is thin on the ground… I feel I may be joining the Woolies workforce down the job centre in the new year :frowning: