Wincanton at Trafford Park to close

According to Granada news :cry:

Upto 415 jobs to go. That’ll be a hundred or so more drivers out of work.

Looks like the whole country’s going down the pan fast.

It appears Wincanton may be running intio trouble, judging by other posts on here. Not good.

Do you know which contract it is.

wincanton chill

Saw Wincantons pulling Tesco dub decker last night not seen them doing that before bet steady eddy has a finger in the pie somewhere as he’s done it everywhere else :confused:

I asked for a transfer from wooly’s at rochdale to wincanton chilled at trafford park about a month ago when i thought wooly’s was in deep doo doo,they looked into it for me and told me their was nowt doing…now i know why.

Culina Logistics are taking over the Wincanton chill depots at Trafford Park and Gloucester commencing March 2009.

I bet they have green units in the pretty soon you know the ones with the red bit on the bottom :wink:.

:frowning: Very sad news that drivers etc , will be losing jobs. :frowning:

:unamused: Not a day goes by without rumours of whos buying who and which firm is next to go to the wall. All I know is what gets put on our notice baords and what were told by the transport staff.

Suffice to say with regards Culina and the aquisition of Wincanton Chilled rumours etc, I can only direct people to the following link.

culinalogistics.co.uk/news?a … newsID=105

The Wincanton Chill site in Trafford Park has been in planning for re-development for the past 4 years.

bambam:
Culina Logistics are taking over the Wincanton chill depots at Trafford Park and Gloucester commencing March 2009.

Wincanton have taken a 20% stake in Culina and in return have “given” Culina two of their chill depots - Trafford Park and Brockworth, both of which it now emerges they will be closing in the first half of 2009.

Culina are opening a very large new dristribution centre in Avonmouth (I think it’s by the M49). Culin have been looking for a south west depot for a while and Brockworth wasn’t in the right place apparently. Staff at Brockworth will be offered the chance to relocate to the Avonmouth site. The Avonmouth depot is the one that Innovate had built before they went belly up.

Simon71:
Wincanton have taken a 20% stake in Culina and in return have “given” Culina two of their chill depots - Trafford Park and Brockworth, both of which it now emerges they will be closing in the first half of 2009.

So i would be right in saying that Wincanton have sold their employees down the river for a 20% stake in culina. Well done Wincanton what a caring employer you are. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Would not surprise me if Wincanton and Stobart merge one day.

georgeking:

:open_mouth: Oh my god. Please no.

DAFMAD:

georgeking:

:open_mouth: Oh my god. Please no.

Yes they will I’ll put money on it.

Please no!!!

I don’t fancy working for them Wincanton one bit.

When I worked at Wincanton chill trafford park (1997- 2002), Culina stated it was there ambition to drive Wincanton out of the chilled logistics market. If my memory serves me right this was printed in commercial motor :confused:

While I was there they lost many large contracts to Culina, including Kraft, Kerrygold(leek) etc. The old Tenax warehouse which housed the Kraft contract became the B&Q plant contract, which has now moved into the old Tesco 1 site at Stakehill, Middleton.

The site at Brockworth was origanally built to service St Ivel, but Wincanton split from Unigate and then sold or closed most of the St Ivel business, Wincanton had to close other depots to keep up the volumes going through this expensive automated warehouse eg Chippenham & Milton Keynes. We used to trunk St Ivel Gold from Kirkby, Liverpool to Brockwoth for storage and picking, rather than use warehouse space available at Trafford Park :angry:

Work Shy:
When I worked at Wincanton chill trafford park (1997- 2002), Culina stated it was there ambition to drive Wincanton out of the chilled logistics market. If my memory serves me right this was printed in commercial motor :confused:

While I was there they lost many large contracts to Culina, including Kraft, Kerrygold(leek) etc. The old Tenax warehouse which housed the Kraft contract became the B&Q plant contract, which has now moved into the old Tesco 1 site at Stakehill, Middleton.

The site at Brockworth was origanally built to service St Ivel, but Wincanton split from Unigate and then sold or closed most of the St Ivel business, Wincanton had to close other depots to keep up the volumes going through this expensive automated warehouse eg Chippenham & Milton Keynes. We used to trunk St Ivel Gold from Kirkby, Liverpool to Brockwoth for storage and picking, rather than use warehouse space available at Trafford Park :angry:

Who owns Culina

georgeking:

Work Shy:

Who owns Culina

Dunno tbh, but Culina were the chilled side of Baylis before the Baylis name was dropped last year. Culina’s got some ties to Muller in Germany I think, but as much as I know. :confused:

i tipped in there this morning at 0 3 30 , go in regular with products from kerry foods at listiowel near tralee, then its usually on home to yorkshire, word has it that its going to stafford, so thats me stuffed probably, i cant see my boss letting me go home empty from there, i had a brew with some of the wincanton boys ,as you can imagine everyones well down , and just before christmas, what a shower wincanton are