Wincanton at Trafford Park to close

Culina was set up in the 1990’s as Muller’s own transport company in the UK to deliver the Muller yoghurts that are manufactured in Europe and at Market Drayton. Not sure if they still own it though.

I’m pretty sure that Culina have spare capacity at their existing sites which is why Brockworth and Trafford Park are being closed.

Work Shy:
When I worked at Wincanton chill trafford park (1997- 2002), Culina stated it was there ambition to drive Wincanton out of the chilled logistics market. If my memory serves me right this was printed in commercial motor :confused:

While I was there they lost many large contracts to Culina, including Kraft, Kerrygold(leek) etc. The old Tenax warehouse which housed the Kraft contract became the B&Q plant contract, which has now moved into the old Tesco 1 site at Stakehill, Middleton.

The site at Brockworth was origanally built to service St Ivel, but Wincanton split from Unigate and then sold or closed most of the St Ivel business, Wincanton had to close other depots to keep up the volumes going through this expensive automated warehouse eg Chippenham & Milton Keynes. We used to trunk St Ivel Gold from Kirkby, Liverpool to Brockwoth for storage and picking, rather than use warehouse space available at Trafford Park :angry:

Workshy you have a PM.

georgeking:

Work Shy:
When I worked at Wincanton chill trafford park (1997- 2002), Culina stated it was there ambition to drive Wincanton out of the chilled logistics market. If my memory serves me right this was printed in commercial motor :confused:

While I was there they lost many large contracts to Culina, including Kraft, Kerrygold(leek) etc. The old Tenax warehouse which housed the Kraft contract became the B&Q plant contract, which has now moved into the old Tesco 1 site at Stakehill, Middleton.

The site at Brockworth was origanally built to service St Ivel, but Wincanton split from Unigate and then sold or closed most of the St Ivel business, Wincanton had to close other depots to keep up the volumes going through this expensive automated warehouse eg Chippenham & Milton Keynes. We used to trunk St Ivel Gold from Kirkby, Liverpool to Brockwoth for storage and picking, rather than use warehouse space available at Trafford Park :angry:

Who owns Culina

The answer to that is Thomas van Mourik formerly a director of Muller.

Culina already had a depot near Bristol at Pucklechurch but needed a bigger place hence the move to Avonmouth.