Winsford saltmines

howdo!

just wondered how big the queues are at the moment…?

had someone ring me up an hour ago for a "so called quick job " but when they mentioned salt from winsford, and when i managed to stop laughing, i declined there offer :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

spoke with one of our guys and he said he was in there yesterday at 2pm and came out 20 mins later, the guy in the office said if he had been first thing in morning he would have been about an hour on site

thats not too bad !

it was never a big problem when you’d got on site, it was that long queue from the roundabout upto the entrance… :unamused:

twisterboy:
thats not too bad !

it was never a big problem when you’d got on site, it was that long queue from the roundabout upto the entrance… :unamused:

If the computer didn’t crash, Winsford used to have one of the fastest turnarounds of anywhere. As long as you don’t try and ask the shovel driver for another 1/2 a tonne. :laughing:

renaultman:

twisterboy:
thats not too bad !

If the computer didn’t crash, Winsford used to have one of the fastest turnarounds of anywhere. As long as you don’t try and ask the shovel driver for another 1/2 a tonne. :laughing:

yeah you allways end up goin back too put a half ton off :laughing: :laughing:

i remember back in 1990, nearly getting barred for lifting the wheel arch to get it to 37.90 t so it would turn the green light on the bridge :wink:

there was no [zb] way i was going to go all the way back round to kick of 50 kg… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

but i got my legs slapped when i went for my note… :blush:

twisterboy:
i remember back in 1990, nearly getting barred for lifting the wheel arch to get it to 37.90 t so it would turn the green light on the bridge :wink:

there was no [zb] way i was going to go all the way back round to kick of 50 kg… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

but i got my legs slapped when i went for my note… :blush:

used to do it all the time, used to used the far bridge so they couldn’t see us. I always used to ask for a 25t card even though I could only carry 24.8t very rarely had to tip any off.
I used to get on really well with the lads in there like, as we used to do a lot of summer stocking as well as the winter madness :laughing:

they have been qued 10-20 deep on teesdock all this week loading the stuff, soon seem to turn them around though

hope the que is ok on tuesday in there first thing, i suppose every man and his dog will be there thou

if there was one thing about winsford there would be one hell of a que prior to w/bridge opening but once they got going you were never there long.i can rember i and a bit buckets 38 ton thanks vey much
oops bit of a long time since ive been there 38 ton

twisterboy:
howdo!

just wondered how big the queues are at the moment…?

had someone ring me up an hour ago for a "so called quick job " but when they mentioned salt from winsford, and when i managed to stop laughing, i declined there offer :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

According to that dork jeremy Vine, on his “show”, it was FIVE hours waiting to load, and, that was why there was a shortage ■■?

I only caught this crap whilst trying to find a decent signal on a crap radio, the idiots who “think” they know it all, really do not have a scooby doo.

These self-rightous BBC types seem to think the salt was only moved in the last week, and, some “local authority” bint on the telly blamed the so called shortages on the “financial crash” and its limiting of cash flow :blush:

You could`nt make it up :open_mouth:

crikey i’v never been in there for 5 hours and that is being stuck in the q that started at the little industrial estate on the way up, longest i been is aboutb 2 n half max, jeremy vine, aint he anti trucker

scotstrucker:
crikey i’v never been in there for 5 hours and that is being stuck in the q that started at the little industrial estate on the way up, longest i been is aboutb 2 n half max, jeremy vine, aint he anti trucker

No he’s just another ■■■■ who likes the sound of his own voice…

maybe the queues seemed longer years ago … :unamused:

especially when you were on percentage and if you had to wait more than five mins the veins on the side of your neck would be bursting :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i can remember queueing from the roundabout especially in jan, it was’nt so bad if you were running to scotland, but no fun if you were only going to garston dock…

been in winsford salt mine today the 29th got there at 5.00am joined the que which was about a 1/4 of a mile down the road trucks everywhere got out at about 8ish on way out que was past the roundabout and up the hill for as far as i could see