Pattersons quarries

Hi folks done a search couldn’t find anything on them. I see there looking for class 1 tipper drivers looking for usual info lol what the like to work for and what kind of money they on I’m thinking of giving them a call cheers in advance Andy

I worked for them a couple of years ago. Was class 2 though, not class 1.
they are a fairly relaxed company to work for. Easy to get on with staff and drivers.
The weighbridge men at the quarries are all ok except for the arrogant prick at the Mount Vernon site.
Not sure of wages but I do know they are under no threat of being classed as the best. When I was there there was a meeting where the drivers asked for more money (50p an hour) and they got told “times are tough at the moment and we are struggling a bit”. then three weeks later the three directors appeared with brand new top of the range cars!
All in all though I would say its one of the better places to work. The kit is good quality and well maintained. ANY problems or defects get sorted. They operate a better safe than sorry policy.

I was talking to 1 of there drivers about 1 year ago. it seems when there is plenty of work its a good job. moneys not bad and your not hard pushed to get loads in.
but when its quite your home early and not making a great pay packet. and this is the reason some drivers leave

Cheers for the replies guys

“Looking for usual info lol”

Laugh out loud at the interview or on the phone , employers love that.

I left there just over a year ago after about eight years working for them. If it’s class one you’re looking for it’ll be tramping. Can’t really disagree with anything The Snowman or Shamu have said. Was a little under tenner an hour when i was there on class one based on 40 hour basic week. Time and a half after eight hours and saturdays. Double time sundays. Half hour deducted for break per day. Quite often maxing hours out during busy periods. Definately a lot more busy periods than quiet when i was there.
If you keep your head down and just get on with it, no-one bothers you.

Get allocated your own vehicle which will get used when you’re on holiday and Snowmans spot on about being good kit and well maintained also defects fixed no problems.

All in all i liked working there, good bunch of guys. I only left due to personal circumstances changing and having to come off of tramping, the drop in wages and 50 mile round trip to the depot was just too much.
Should add that if you’re going for class one you’ll be based at rigside and not coatbridge. Don’t know if much has changed since i left.

davefor:
I left there just over a year ago after about eight years working for them. If it’s class one you’re looking for it’ll be tramping. Can’t really disagree with anything The Snowman or Shamu have said. Was a little under tenner an hour when i was there on class one based on 40 hour basic week. Time and a half after eight hours and saturdays. Double time sundays. Half hour deducted for break per day. Quite often maxing hours out during busy periods. Definately a lot more busy periods than quiet when i was there.
If you keep your head down and just get on with it, no-one bothers you.

Get allocated your own vehicle which will get used when you’re on holiday and Snowmans spot on about being good kit and well maintained also defects fixed no problems.

All in all i liked working there, good bunch of guys. I only left due to personal circumstances changing and having to come off of tramping, the drop in wages and 50 mile round trip to the depot was just too much.
Should add that if you’re going for class one you’ll be based at rigside and not coatbridge. Don’t know if much has changed since i left.

Cheers m8 yeah it’s tramping I’m after as I stay in prestwick and tramp just now but can’t get nights out at my place and it’s costing a fortune to run up and down to Blantyre. Do they do much weekend work? I prefer mom-fri but don’t mind doing a few weekend shifts now and again but not all the time.

I did hear that brown brothers were looking for drivers. not sure if it was Prestwick or kirkconnel but might be worth a phone call being as close to you.

Cheers m8

Hi Andy, working week is mon-fri. Weekend work is overtime, 4 or 5 loads to glassworks in Knottingley on a sat and 2 loads to glassworks in Leeds on a sun. didn’t get pressured into doing the weekend work. Again not sure if it has changed much.

davefor:
Hi Andy, working week is mon-fri. Weekend work is overtime, 4 or 5 loads to glassworks in Knottingley on a sat and 2 loads to glassworks in Leeds on a sun. didn’t get pressured into doing the weekend work. Again not sure if it has changed much.

Thanks for the info m8 much apretiated will give them a call in the morning

French’s at New ■■■■■■■ or maybe Iain Watt? Little bit closer to home.

spooky70:
French’s at New ■■■■■■■ or maybe Iain Watt? Little bit closer to home.

French is never looking when I go up or phone lol put my name in umpteen times never hear anything. Iain watt not sure I know that patersons are looking for for drivers