Anyone had the experience

Any one had the experience of loading at celsa steel in Cardiff weighed in at 12 10 ish today and finally got loaded and weighed out at 17.25 what a joke it is

No but back along time ago (1994) a driver from a now defunct west midlands haulier who had enough of waiting all afternoon tipped 24 tonnes of scrap on their weighbridge.

All the other drivers waiting gave him three cheers brilliant.

Unfortunately I have there a nightmare one of our other drivers was 9hrs one day lol think there was 20 trucks in the que in front of him and there not the quickest at loading something so simple

Thats quick for them hodge if you get there at the wrong time your screwed

Good job you were never in ebbw vale in the 70s,you went in there you never knew when you were coming out,one eg.went in 3.00pm came out 5.30 am next morning,
regards dave.

Great 2 read this thread… Been in here an hour now and was thinking it wouldn’t b long and that I’d make crewe t/s 2nite… Think I better reconsider my options lol!

Used to load seawheel flats at Scunthorpe rod mill a lot of years ago, one set of lazy gits they were, load a trailer then a tea break.
Used to get in there about 2pm then not get out sheeted up till 10pm.
No wonder British Steel went to the dogs.
No sympathy for the job loses what so ever!!

Both sites in Cardiff can be equally bad they should hand out samaritans phone number on arrival the quickest ive been in and out of east mains site is just over2 hours collecting billets for caparo scunthorpe but 5,6and 7 hours is not unheard off .

Yeah my plan was to get up to Ross on wye but that soon got thrown out of the window coming out with only 15 mins of my day left had to park up just outside the gates lazy gets that’s all they are

My opinion has massively changed since drivin trough the gates @ 2pm (its now 19.30) u wouldn’t mind but there is no1 2 speak 2 about what’s going on n when u do get sum1 they r very rude… 1 ov the staffs reply was ‘well I’ve been here 8 years n no1 has spoken 2 me’ no need… Absolutely useless… How they have a bussiness I don’t know!!

*Business

yeah got their at midday friday left at midday saturday what a ■■■■ hole was meant to be home friday night first their was a 4 hr welay then the only forklift truck broke down its lovely. :angry:

delay not welay lol

tipped turnings in there this morning bet there was over 30 foreign lorries waiting 2 load there. plus some irish/english lol hate the place. i was in and out within a hour n half and thats going over the compound 2 tip 2. result. lol :laughing:

Which selsa site? Castle works or the rover way / seawall rd only asking as my brother in law is a manager at the rover way site and will ring him to find out what’s not going on

malcolmj:
Which selsa site? Castle works or the rover way / seawall rd only asking as my brother in law is a manager at the rover way site and will ring him to find out what’s not going on

lots of hauliers now refusing to go there for loads, especially as they wont pay demmurage, i used to take rebar back to swalwell from their on regular basis but giveit a wide berth now

dafdave:
Good job you were never in ebbw vale in the 70s,you went in there you never knew when you were coming out,one eg.went in 3.00pm came out 5.30 am next morning,
regards dave.

The same with Gartcosh Steelworks Glasgow, you used to sit all day waiting for your load and get loaded at about 6pm for a AM delivery at Swindon, it was the 80s so it DID get there :unamused:. Is it a coincidence that neither of these are still there today :bulb:, the workers thought it unfair when they were all paid off :unamused: , they thought they had a job for life, so those tossers at Cardiff should take note from this, they don’t deserve jobs, sack the lot of the ■■■■■■■■ and get an efficient workforce in.

got their midday friday left at 6am saturday morning what a nightmare gaffer stopped sending us in for a collection only horrible place
:smiley:

mike68:
No but back along time ago (1994) a driver from a now defunct west midlands haulier who had enough of waiting all afternoon tipped 24 tonnes of scrap on their weighbridge.

All the other drivers waiting gave him three cheers brilliant.

LOL class, wish my fridge trailer would tip loads like that!

It isn’t always the actual workers though is it, it’s usually down to jobsworths in offices, management and planning.
The workers given the right respect, treatment and conditions could probably move mountains.