Windy double deckers

We should be gratefull that road and rail bridges are not 20ft high because you can guarantee thats the height the market would be demanding in this country,regardless of saftey

Something to think about when"Tacking" up the motorway when empty!.

ive got one on everyday on multidrop work!! makes ur bottom nip when its windy lol

It’s interesting though that you rarely see a DD gone over - mostly just “normal” trailers.

Once had to take a loaded doubledeck to Atherstone and return with a empty trailer , it was loaded , sealed and coupled up to a day cabbed daf 2500 , wellI thought it would struggle a bit , but got to the first roundabout and nearley tipped it over , had a look in the back to find , knob head loaders had loaded all the loaded cages on the top deck and nothing on the bottom deck :open_mouth: , had to go back to the depot and get it sorted by the night shift . they were not happy as it was the day shift who buggered it up . :smiling_imp:

Santa:
It’s interesting though that you rarely see a DD gone over - mostly just “normal” trailers.

Probably down to the low centre of gravity and slightly heavier?

ajt:

Santa:

Probably down to the low centre of gravity and slightly heavier?

A properly loaded double decker “should” be okay, but they see to just load them anyhow in the pallet networks, whatever comes in first goes on the trailer. A bit like the way my missus loads a shopping trolley.

Those two lads in Leicester will be keeping out of the way of any Argos DD’s for a while

Wheel Nut:
A properly loaded double decker “should” be okay, but they see to just load them anyhow in the pallet networks, whatever comes in first goes on the trailer. A bit like the way my missus loads a shopping trolley.

Tell me about it - didn’t these people ever play with wooden bricks when they were kids?? They have absolutely no idea of the basic laws of common sense or simple physics. Most couldn’t load a wheelbarrow without getting it wrong :imp: :imp: :imp:

brandsbybank:
We should be gratefull that road and rail bridges are not 20ft high because you can guarantee thats the height the market would be demanding in this country,regardless of saftey

true mate, DHL are replacing their scabby old 14’6" trailers with 15’7", those pathetic teardrop trailers, cant carry no extra pallets cos of shape of the roof. Bloody ridiculous, making the job harder.

We are getting one double decker next week for a regular shuttle run between depots, im not allowed to drive it as you need ‘‘experience’’ in deckers.

Won a watch there im quite happy with my 14’1 thank you very much :laughing: