Wincanton Concrete Mixer job

Happy days !! :smiley:

Got a job with Wincanton working out of the Hansen yard. Have never driven a mixer before so any tips would be gratefully recieved :frowning: . Have to go to Derby on Monday to do a weeks training (mostly classroom Im lead to believe).
Any of you guys know much about this crowd? Good or bad?
If Im honest, Im gald Ive got the start direct with a company instead of through an agency.

Thanks in advance if I dont get back !
Boing

Boingboing71:
Happy days !! :smiley:

Got a job with Wincanton working out of the Hansen yard. Have never driven a mixer before so any tips would be gratefully recieved :frowning: . Have to go to Derby on Monday to do a weeks training (mostly classroom Im lead to believe).
Any of you guys know much about this crowd? Good or bad?
If Im honest, Im gald Ive got the start direct with a company instead of through an agency.

Thanks in advance if I dont get back !
Boing

Is it at the Boro depot mate ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No mate, I will be based in Coventry I think

Hi BoingBoing how is it at Wincanton on the Tankers, pay, work, etc etc

Cheers

Ed

My first driving job was a year driving 8 wheeler mixers and pumi’s.

And i loved it, would deffo do it again.

I got a days on the job training. Youll soon get the hang of it, remember you can always add more water, but you cant take water out.

Take a jar of…

Nivea hand cream with you (I’m not being funny).

The cement dust will dry your hands out and they’ll look like broken paving stones inside a week.

Food at Derby Conference Centre is fab

Don’t believe the pay dates they give you, as it’s not true. They will also tell you that it takes 2 weeks to get your expenses, also not true

You’ll get a massive box of uniform which will last you for ages so make sure it all fits. You will also get steel toe capped wellies which are a laugh in themselves

The last day is a training course with Hanson so don’t expect to finish too early as he expects you to do the whole 7 hours as well as be distracted getting uniform, sorting rental cars, training locations etc.

If you want to know any more then please PM me.

BTW - people do fail the drug and alcohol tests on the first day so go careful if you are drinking in the bar on Sunday!!

Hi whats it like working for these guys and is it through an agency or perm?

Ed

The worst part of the job is going into the drum with hammer and chisel to knock out the build up off the blades, do they let you do it these days?

weeto:
The worst part of the job is going into the drum with hammer and chisel to knock out the build up off the blades, do they let you do it these days?

I bet they dont in england, we do still here though. If you look after your gear and wash it out good and proper itll stay pretty clean.

Cleaning the drum is my rainy day job instead of going home.

and dont forget to sell the excess to local builders… :smiley: :smiley: