Will any of the DRIVER CPC courses be useful to you?

OK, no matter how much complaining we all do, it seems that we are going to be stuck with this PERIODIC (ongoing) DRIVER CPC thing :angry: :cry: :angry: :cry:

So, does anyone think that any of the courses being offered will be useful to them :question:

JAUPT SITE - LGV COURSES

Please list any course that you think might interest you…

I know a lot will depend on the exact content of the course and how it is delivered by the ‘trainer’

My reason for asking :question: - just curious to see if anyone will not be falling asleep in a classroom :wink:

got to page 5 and got bored looking, anything that will further advance my knowledge on stuff i didnt know will be taken on bored and used… subject to me not being in my pjs

head hits the pillow by page 3

Cannot even be asked to click the link.

Yes this will help in a few ways

1 I’ll still beable to drive for a living (JUST , thats if the industry still has jobs )
2 I’ll beable to sue the ■■■ off any trainer that gives me the wrong info
3 if the info given is deemed wrongly given by the goverment the bill fo suing well be BIGGER

In all fairness though

There is no pass or fail, :unamused: which is silly so the argument would be whats the point :question:
you can take the same course everytime , :unamused: which is silly whats the point :question:
anyone who dont give a stuff aint gonna take any interest ,so again WHATS THE POINT,
I for one will do the training and try to take on board whats told
I really dont think its gonna be all bad , its just another money spinner for someone

nick2008:
Yes this will help in a few ways

1 I’ll still beable to drive for a living (JUST , thats if the industry still has jobs )
2 I’ll beable to sue the ■■■ off any trainer that gives me the wrong info
3 if the info given is deemed wrongly given by the goverment the bill fo suing well be BIGGER

In all fairness though

There is no pass or fail, :unamused: which is silly so the argument would be whats the point :question:
you can take the same course everytime , :unamused: which is silly whats the point :question:
anyone who dont give a stuff aint gonna take any interest ,so again WHATS THE POINT,
I for one will do the training and try to take on board whats told
I really dont think its gonna be all bad , its just another money spinner for someone

The only point in this CPC is to top up the goverments bank account.

I was hoping that this would not go where all the other driver cpc threads have gone - cpc bashing - yes, ok, we all think it is a crap idea but I was hoping that there might, just a little might, be something in one or more of the courses that might interest someone - oh well…

Basic first aid

Driver assessor - might help me shout advice from the cab window :wink:

one of the fuel economy ones

Ishift (by Volvo)

Digi Tacho

ROG:
I was hoping that this would not go where all the other driver cpc threads have gone - cpc bashing - yes, ok, we all think it is a crap idea but I was hoping that there might, just a little might, be something in one or more of the courses that might interest someone - oh well…

What do you expect when they are trying to teach most of us to ■■■■ eggs ? If it was designed for new drivers then it would make sense. As others said I attempted to look at your links and was soon overcome with :open_mouth: :unamused:

Unfortunatly weither you like the idea or Hate
it,The C.P.C. for the driver has been passed in
the E.U. and if you wish to carry on in the future
as a driver earning your wages in the commercial
employment, you will have to take part.

In the future years, young drivers will more than likely
get theirTruck driveing licence through the Young drivers
scheme.If you were to take a look and see what the
Dutch,or Germans have to do, and the end result is
that a qualified Dutch or German driver does get more
money then a unskilled driver,

Never had an accident.

Can keep my vehicle moving and my revs in the green.

Wouldn`t give the wife mouth to mouth even if her tongue was coming out her nose.

So its just the ADR refresher course and eh let me think…

Banksman so I can tell whoever theres no way I am going to such and such a place without one. :laughing:

To be fair to the CPC, it ‘could’ be good for a new driver, esp things like, digi tachos, drivers hours (Shame they are still so complicated)

BUT

For other stuff, such as load security, weights etc, then its down to experience, and that should be taught by the Co that employs them, NOT some hidden face in Brussels. Any Co now that runs legal, will be aware of SAFED, and drivers can do that for Safe And Fuel Efficient Driving. Other Co’s dont give a ZB, so wont need the training…

For me, unlessi’m employed by a Co who will be paying for the lot in 2014, then I will be hanging up my license, Sod it, almost 30 years experience under my belt, and some snotty little kid in a classroom will be telling me what I can and cant do… :imp:

brit pete:
Unfortunatly weither you like the idea or Hate
it,The C.P.C. for the driver has been passed in
the E.U. and if you wish to carry on in the future
as a driver earning your wages in the commercial
employment, you will have to take part.

yes but a dutch or german driver gets treated better than we do by the general public. also there is driving jobs where driving a van can make u more money than driving an artic. there is no sense in it.

Forty years ago Operators Licences and HGV Driving Licences were introduced to improve the industry.

Will Driver CPC’s be any more sucessful?

The truth is that the road transport industry doesn’t want to improve, if it did, it would have done so years ago.

We have bigger and better vehicles, but they still spend a large percentage of their working day waiting to be loaded or unloaded. The owners moan about the RDC’s, who are generally operated by other transport operators but no progress is made to improve the situation. Every couple of years the contracts change hands and so it goes on.

Baffles me why any of us are still here, but like everything else, we can’t be bothered to change.

brit pete:

I think you will find that from Sept 2009 the young driver scheme no longer exists.

Drivers will be able to train and drive LGV from 18 providing they complete the INITIAL CPC Qualification

All I intend to do is as little as poss to scrape through and keep my licience but after that it wiil be back to usual because as far as i care its a total waste of my time and my bosses money :smiling_imp: :imp:

I have had a class one36 years now but i always think it is good to be shown a differnt method , it does get up my nose to be told to do it, but i have fanceied doing first aid. I must confess a few years back i was going to ask an examiner to have a ride round with me to see what he thought, to see if i had dropped into any bad habits i had not noticed, infact i came on here this time last year when i was about to get a new volvo i shift to ask for advice on what could bite me. I got some good feed back, I think i am one of those that moan then thinks it was a good idea, same as digi tacho , no way was i going to have anything to do with that ,now i think it’s the best thing since sliced bread, well not quite

Question for Rog!
Can the periodic training for CPC be done abroad ?
Maybe somewhere warm like Spain or somewhere cheaper like Poland.
Or maybe do the 35 hours in 3 shifts like I read somewhere on here as the emergency services wished to do.
If this is the case then maybe a family holiday could incorparate 3 days training ie: start at 6am and finish 2.0pm
Mon to Wed and rest of the fortnight with the family. Just a thought.

I think any form of training is good, you can’t tell me we don’t need it

we all moan about what drivers do on here,and will i be asleep in the back when the course is on, the answer to that is a profound NO why would i if i have to pay for it i think i would like to get my moneys worth and IMHO i don’t think any good training provider is going to let you sit there and go to sleep or read a book.

At the end of the day most of this will come down to what courses are available locally and the cost of the individual course.
Some companies will be footing the bill so they will decide what courses you do, when all the talk is over I think you’ll find most drivers who have to pay themselves will take the cheap and convenient road irrespective of what the course is.