CPC Help

Does anyone know of a good CPC course, one that can be done online. I’ve already got a book, but am finding this hard going.

hgvsteve:
Does anyone know of a good CPC course, one that can be done online. I’ve already got a book, but am finding this hard going.

tell me about it being difficult
it was the most mentally draining thing I`ve ever done (the course)
I had to take a wek off to recover

then I went and did the international too

am i a sucker for punishment??

catalogue.learndirect.co.uk/cour … w=Standard

Yeah, and most of it is a load of toss and completely irrelevant!

Silver_Surfer:

It maybe to some , the clue is in the title of it “competence”.

Silver_Surfer:

thats what i thought of the courses for both the national and international when I did em, but unfortuneatly its in the course syllibus, so learn it, memorise it, and regurgitate it back out on exam day
and while your learning it it would be adviseable to isolate yourself from the world and have no distractions, coz there Ssssssooooooooooo much crap to learn :unamused: :unamused:

I did home study in the truck. No matter how much I tried to force myself to learn the financial and company-related stuff I could never get further than page two without my head hurting. :cry: :cry: :cry:

It got to the week before the exam and I started to panic…so I removed all forms of entertainment from the cab - telly, books, papers, the lot - and told all my usual gossip buddies not to answer the phone if I rang them up. :bulb: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

In the end I got so bored I was forced to keep reading them…I passed first time. :wink:

The CPC may be a load of tosh to a driver, but it is relevant to an operator.

OK there are some questions irrelevent to an owner driver, like how many toilets does he have to provide to his black disabled gay driver, but what do you want, a CPC for owner drivers and another for companies with more than 2 employees?

I took my CPC after reading a book and found it a portion of urine

I took my CPC with a training company. It was a seven day (i think!) course with a few days off then a refresher day and the test. It was really heavy going. Not something you want to do when you have other distractions going on. I was given two weeks off by my boss who paid for all this and he left me alone to get on with it. Some of the guys and gals doing the course at the same time spent all of thier breaks on the phone to the office!

The course I took sent me the training manual about 6 weeks before the start of the course so you could have a first read through…yerr right :laughing:

I liked the manual as at the end of each section where multi choice questions to do to help it all sink in.

I take my hat off to any of you that home-studied. Being able to ask the tutor if you didn’t get it was invaluable and also hearing some of the examples that other students came up with.

After being one of these kids who felt absolutely no need to attend school and finding playing hookie a better past time, finally finishing school with a GCE level D for Enviromental Studies and absolutely nothing else :cry: :blush: :blush: :blush:

I shocked a lot of people by going to Evening Classes at Gateshead Technical College 2 nights per week for 2 hrs per night over a 3 month period, more surprisingly I never missed a lesson :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I passed my CPC National First Time and honestly Enjoyed it to the extent I even took up a Home Study Course for the CPC International, through Transed in Staffordshire. I was gutted when I failed it first time round but went back for a second attempt 3 months later and passed with flying colours.

The info I had learned helped me understand a lot of the transport industry as a driver, and basically stopped me coming out with a lot of the comments I had made myself and still see on this and other sites to this day about management decisions.

Although I’ve only used the Certificate twice in 16 years to help mates get started, I have no regrets other than not taking the plunge and buying my own truck, there are a lot of pointless topics covered if you only want to drive a truck, but those pointless topics become very important issues if you ever start up your own business :wink: :wink: